Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs David Ferrer, Saturday, Time: 2pm BST - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Dubai SF: Murray vs Djokovic 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 Go Down Reply
Author

Dubai SF: Murray vs Djokovic

(Read 5082 times)
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: Dubai SF: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #405 on: March 02, 2012, 04:23 PM »

Delpo saves them all and holds serve clap
IP Logged
Murray Magic
ATP Level

Andy "Braveheart" Murray

Re: Dubai SF: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #406 on: March 02, 2012, 04:24 PM »

JMDP hold in there nervous
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: Dubai SF: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #407 on: March 02, 2012, 04:24 PM »

Think I'm going back to bed for a bit or will be knackered for the final later tonight!

wave  Catch you all later!
IP Logged
lashurst
World No 1

I'm crazy about Murray

Re: Dubai SF: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #408 on: March 02, 2012, 04:25 PM »

Sky Sports:
Murray stuns Djokovic in Dubai

There is a video on the Sky website but I cant access it in Oslo. 
IP Logged
Murray Magic
ATP Level

Andy "Braveheart" Murray

Re: Dubai SF: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #409 on: March 02, 2012, 04:26 PM »

Fraderer is going to have such an advantage if he reaches the final having played at that time for all his matches whilst Andy has had to play in the searing heat.
IP Logged
lashurst
World No 1

I'm crazy about Murray

Re: Dubai SF: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #410 on: March 02, 2012, 04:27 PM »

Think I'm going back to bed for a bit or will be knackered for the final later tonight!

wave  Catch you all later!
Sweet dreams, my dear.. you need your sleep. Bet you are exhausted.

Catch you later.  
IP Logged
lashurst
World No 1

I'm crazy about Murray

Re: Dubai SF: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #411 on: March 02, 2012, 04:32 PM »

The final is at 1500 GMT on Saturday .
IP Logged
lashurst
World No 1

I'm crazy about Murray

Re: Dubai SF: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #412 on: March 02, 2012, 04:37 PM »

From Sky:

Andy Murray hopes his victory over Novak Djokovic in Dubai will help ease the memory of his Australian Open semi-final defeat to the world No 1.

Murray lost to Djokovic in a five-set thriller in Melbourne, but in their first meeting since that epic evening, he won 6-2 7-5 to book his place in the final.

"It's obviously great any time you beat the world No 1," Murray said. "I just tried to do some of the same things I did in Australia.

"I was very close there against one of the greatest players ever, and today I did what I needed to - even though it nearly got away from me at the end," he added, referring to a second-set hiccup which saw him broken for the first time, Djokovic fighting back from 5-3 down to 5-5.

Djokovic conceded Murray deserved his victory and made no excuses: "Generally I feel good, physically, mentally, you know. It's just the start of the season.

"You know, there are some 1000 events (Indian Wells and Miami) coming up which are really important, and I need to get ready."

Djokovic denied the off-court distractions and temptations that come with being the world No 1 were having an impact.

"I been having a lot off court activities since I became No 1, but I have a team of people that controls it well," he said.

"Obviously there are a lot of temptations and a lot of things that you can enjoy. But it's normal. You can't on one hand just be 100% of your life in the tennis. You know, you are young. You have to enjoy life. You have to experience some other things."
IP Logged
theycanbillme
ATP Level

Re: Dubai SF: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #413 on: March 02, 2012, 04:42 PM »

Fraderer is going to have such an advantage if he reaches the final having played at that time for all his matches whilst Andy has had to play in the searing heat.

I  disagree, Andy is fit and will be fine. If he's too tired due to a 500 tournament then there is no hope to be honest.
IP Logged
Elena
Seed

Re: Dubai SF: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #414 on: March 02, 2012, 04:44 PM »

On the other hand, Andy played his semi final first, and gets a longer recovery period. These two could be playing for a while yet - if it goes to a third set.

IP Logged
Murray Magic
ATP Level

Andy "Braveheart" Murray

Re: Dubai SF: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #415 on: March 02, 2012, 04:49 PM »

Andy's fitness is not the issue what I was referring to is the different conditions and taking time to get used to them, Fed is well used to the speed of the ball etc. Whereas Andy has played in the heat with the ball travelling faster etc. 
IP Logged
backhandslice
Seed

You love my shenanigans. Admit it.

Re: Dubai SF: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #416 on: March 02, 2012, 04:57 PM »

He won   cmon yeah cmon yeah cmon yeah cmon yeah cmon yeah cmon yeah  yay   clap 
IP Logged
adb..OH
Seed

Re: Dubai SF: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #417 on: March 02, 2012, 05:00 PM »

What's with that nauseating embrace from the Djoke? Honestly, he got beaten fair and square, yet at the end he acts in the most condescending way imaginable. As if to say: "You see, it is possible to beat me"wub

I could be wrong, but I didn't see it that way MR. It looked to me about as genuine as could be considering, of course, that he would rather have won himself.
IP Logged
lashurst
World No 1

I'm crazy about Murray

Re: Dubai SF: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #418 on: March 02, 2012, 05:01 PM »

Andy's fitness is not the issue what I was referring to is the different conditions and taking time to get used to them, Fed is well used to the speed of the ball etc. Whereas Andy has played in the heat with the ball travelling faster etc. 
Andy says new conditions, even small changes need to be adapted to. Heat changes the pace of the ball as well as the effect on the player. He usually needs a bit of time to adjust and settle down. Seems to be more of a thing with him, at least he talks about it more that the others.
IP Logged
lashurst
World No 1

I'm crazy about Murray

Re: Dubai SF: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #419 on: March 02, 2012, 05:01 PM »

2nd tie break and Del Potro 3 - 0 up Smile
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »