Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Dubai SF: Murray vs Djokovic 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 [30] 31 Go Down Reply
Author Topic: Dubai SF: Murray vs Djokovic  (Read 4356 times)
Sir Panda
Murraymaniac

Misunderstood genius.

Re: Dubai SF: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #435 on: March 02, 2012, 05:25 PM »

Great to see Federer in the final - very humble and a great sportsman.
IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: Dubai SF: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #436 on: March 02, 2012, 05:25 PM »

I though Andy was brilliant today. He played great tennis and served great. It was nice to see Andy and Nole hug each other at the end of the game. What a difference from Mr Smug this man needs to lighten up. Tennis is a game not life and death. Well done Andy you did us proud good luck for tomorrow, I hope you win and win well cmonandy yay yay yay
IP Logged
lashurst
Veteran

Murray Mad

Re: Dubai SF: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #437 on: March 02, 2012, 05:25 PM »

yes   yay  This is made my day Smile Im thrilled... although Im  hearing a lot of negative comments on fb  about Andy's win over Nole saying the usual patter... saying that Murray is ugly... I hate Murray... Nole is the best... RF is the king.. blah  blah blah... some people are so mean spirited and hurtful ranting honestly... why cant some people just say "congrats Andy you played well"  its that simple!!  they are the minority groups but still....
Those people are not sports fans at all. There are a lot of nasty elements out there, as well as good ones.
They have another agenda entirely, which is nothing to do with watching tennis at all. They just dont like Andy.

I dont care for some particular players, but I would never go out of my way to be disrespectful. The best player on that day wins. Thats all it is, even when Andy loses, we have to conceed that.
IP Logged
backhandslice
Seed

You love my shenanigans. Admit it.

Re: Dubai SF: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #438 on: March 02, 2012, 05:26 PM »

Sorry to hear that. At least Andy's fb page looks OK.
I just saw that Djoko has posted:Congrats to Andy for today's win and good luck in finals tomorrow! And special thanks go to my #BESTFANSINTHEWORLD for huge support throughout the week. You are always my wind in the back Wink I will rest a bit and then work hard for IW and Miami. See you soon!
thats great to hear  thanks for that Smile  its just some stupid fb pages  exhibit a) atp fb page
IP Logged
backhandslice
Seed

Re: Dubai SF: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #439 on: March 02, 2012, 05:28 PM »

Those people are not sports fans at all. there are a lot of nasty elements out there as well as good ones.
They have another agenda, nothing to do with watching tennis at all. They just dont like Andy.

I dont care for some particular players, but I would never go out of my way to be disrespectful. The best player on the day wins. Thats all it is, even when Andy loses, we have to conceed that.
thanks for that Smile I just take things too seriously at times  doh  I need to take this win and celebrate it with pride Smile  we all should in fact     Murray fans are the Best!! even though we have the 1 or 2 rollercoasters at times Smile
IP Logged
lashurst
Veteran

Murray Mad

Re: Dubai SF: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #440 on: March 02, 2012, 05:28 PM »

thats great to hear  thanks for that Smile  its just some stupid fb pages  exhibit a) atp fb page
Sorry to hear that. At least Andy's fb page looks OK.
I just saw that Djoko has posted:Congrats to Andy for today's win and good luck in finals tomorrow! And special thanks go to my #BESTFANSINTHEWORLD for huge support throughout the week. You are always my wind in the back Wink I will rest a bit and then work hard for IW and Miami. See you soon!
A nice gesture by Nole.
IP Logged
lashurst
Veteran

Murray Mad

Re: Dubai SF: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #441 on: March 02, 2012, 05:34 PM »

thanks for that Smile I just take things too seriously at times  doh  I need to take this win and celebrate it with pride Smile  we all should in fact     Murray fans are the Best!! even though we have the 1 or 2 rollercoasters at times Smile
John I know how you feel. I hate people being mean towards Andy. Its so unfair, for all the reasons we know.  
Actually my sons dont like his tennis as much as Feds and Rafas, and they dont like the old Andy, sulky and behaving badly. I dont know why, but it's their preference.

I've though of kicking 'em out of the house and cutting them off from their inheritance. That should be punishment enough for having bad taste in tennis players, or what?  Jumping w00t
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Dubai SF: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #442 on: March 02, 2012, 05:41 PM »

lmao  

Maybe but he's definitely not there yet.
I said he was definitely on the way back.  I'm well aware he has still to arrive!
[ Last edit by Aileen March 02, 2012, 05:44 PM ] IP Logged
Joe
Top Seed

Boo hoo hoooooooo :'(

Re: Dubai SF: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #443 on: March 02, 2012, 05:45 PM »

#humble
IP Logged
Apollo
Veteran

Re: Dubai SF: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #444 on: March 02, 2012, 05:46 PM »

well Delpotro had that set but either fell apart of Fed started playing better, so we will have an Andy/Fed Final not sure that makes me happy, but the main thing is that Andy goes out there and realizes that he beat #1 and so he can beat #3.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Dubai SF: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #445 on: March 02, 2012, 06:00 PM »

Apart from anything else, I really would have preferred Delpo.  I think it would have been a far more interesting final.

btw Joe just noticed your new avatar.  Love it!
[ Last edit by Aileen March 02, 2012, 06:03 PM ] IP Logged
backhandslice
Seed

Re: Dubai SF: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #446 on: March 02, 2012, 06:04 PM »

John I know how you feel. I hate people being mean towards Andy. Its so unfair, for all the reasons we know. 
Actually my sons dont like his tennis as much as Feds and Rafas, and they dont like the old Andy, sulky and behaving badly. I dont know why, but it's their preference.

I've though of kicking 'em out of the house and cutting them off from their inheritance. That should be punishment enough for having bad taste in tennis players, or what?  Jumping w00t

w00t  lmao
IP Logged
MurrayRocks
Veteran

I ♥ my scottish chouchou ...

Re: Dubai SF: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #447 on: March 02, 2012, 06:17 PM »

HIGHLIGHTS ....

IP Logged
Grabcopy
Top Seed

I know I'm paranoid. But am I paranoid enough?

Re: Dubai SF: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #448 on: March 02, 2012, 06:21 PM »

What I like about Murray's game is that he (at least lately) hits so deep. Then, even when he drops one short, it allows his opponent to come in, which is Andy's ticket to do something creative, which he excels at. It's a win-win.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Dubai SF: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #449 on: March 02, 2012, 06:25 PM »

Andy's fitness is not the issue what I was referring to is the different conditions and taking time to get used to them, Fed is well used to the speed of the ball etc. Whereas Andy has played in the heat with the ball travelling faster etc.  
Yes that's the point I've been making also MM - this is when the bias in the scheduling could really tell.  In a 3 set match, there won't be time for Andy to adjust slowly to the new conditions.
Although I'm not a Nole fan - too much chest beating etc - I think it was a nice touch to post on fb congratulating Andy and wishing him good luck for tomorrow.  It is striking the warmth between him and Andy who are genuine friends and also Andy and Rafa - such a contrast with the relationship smugfed has with both of them. For smugfed only Rafa is worthy of him it would seem.
[ Last edit by Ruthie March 02, 2012, 06:31 PM ] IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 [30] 31 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »