Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Dubai Tennis Championships 2012 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 Go Down Reply
Author

Dubai Tennis Championships 2012

(Read 4635 times)
michelle
Seed

Re: Dubai Tennis Championships 2012 « Reply #75 on: February 26, 2012, 09:46 PM »

How do you know that for certain?
Because unless Nole is a liar that is what he said, and we know he's been skiing and he was in London for a function, he also collected an honour from the Serbian president.. London, Serbia and God knows where else. Robbie stop being provocative!!!
IP Logged
robbie
Top Seed

Your goals minus your doubts equal your reality

Re: Dubai Tennis Championships 2012 « Reply #76 on: February 26, 2012, 09:50 PM »

Provocative...Moi. shocking.......... hug
IP Logged
Philip
Seed

Re: Dubai Tennis Championships 2012 « Reply #77 on: February 26, 2012, 10:16 PM »

It is good that Nole has been busy collecting laurels. It gives Andy a chance to catch up a bit Smile

We can better gauge their true levels this week now that Nole has overcome the hayfever/flower issue arisen at the AO.  I think it is going to be close once again.
IP Logged
robbie
Top Seed

Your goals minus your doubts equal your reality

Re: Dubai Tennis Championships 2012 « Reply #78 on: February 26, 2012, 10:24 PM »

The Dubai open tennis app is dreadful.....the videos are ok but the rest... dire
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Dubai Tennis Championships 2012 « Reply #79 on: February 26, 2012, 11:19 PM »

Not like you to make mistakes BBH. Smile

Ooh sarky Mrs naughty
I wasn't being sarky ...
IP Logged
Alis
ATP Level

Re: Dubai Tennis Championships 2012 « Reply #80 on: February 26, 2012, 11:24 PM »

I think it's safe to assume that Marko will lose to Golubev. 

He still pockets at least  $11, 370 (last year's rate) for R1 loss.  That single paycheck is bigger than his yearly earnings. 

I hope he doesn't embarrass himself on centre court.

If the press reports are to be believed, the best of the Arab players (ranked in the low 100s) was first awarded the wild card and then told late on Friday evening that it had been revoked and he had to play the qualies the next morning - where he eventually lost to Golubev.  Not well handled by the authorities it would seem.  It will be interesting to see how the crowd reacts.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Dubai Tennis Championships 2012 « Reply #81 on: February 26, 2012, 11:45 PM »

Looks like a tricky draw to me and of course Andy will be match rusty.  But hopefully that won't be a problem and we'll see the benefits of the training session with Mr L.

Not after 11 intensive days of coaching with Lendl he won't!  I'll bet Ivan ran him ragged at Delray Beach - not that Andy would have been objecting.  His attitude is a whole lot different this year.  I'm not looking for overnight miracles regarding his game, but I'm hopeful we'll see some steps in the right direction in Dubai.

The Dubai open tennis app is dreadful.....the videos are ok but the rest... dire
I agree.  Surely they can afford to do better than that?

IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Dubai Tennis Championships 2012 « Reply #82 on: February 27, 2012, 01:27 AM »

9 hours time difference for me. I'll be able to expense it if Andy makes it to semi and beyond and I really hope he does.

It should always be an honour to play one of the top players as I see it so Berrer should be up for this match.
IP Logged
janscribe
Veteran

Let's Go!!!

Re: Dubai Tennis Championships 2012 « Reply #83 on: February 27, 2012, 04:47 PM »

According to Sky Andy plays first tomorrow a.m. (10 a.m. our time) - looks like the shopping will have to wait!
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Dubai Tennis Championships 2012 « Reply #84 on: February 27, 2012, 04:56 PM »

Well German whiz-kid Stebe certainly gave a match-rusty and somewhat nervous Djokovic a run for his money this afternoon.

Djoko won 6-4, 6-2, but things were a bit closer than the score suggests.
IP Logged
Alis
ATP Level

Re: Dubai Tennis Championships 2012 « Reply #85 on: February 27, 2012, 04:58 PM »

I found the commies constant eulogising about Novak quite nauseating.  I can't see them ever doing the same about Andy even if he wins all 4 Majors and 3 Olympic gold medals!
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Dubai Tennis Championships 2012 « Reply #86 on: February 27, 2012, 05:07 PM »

Yes that was very irritating!  At least Djokovic's celebrations were distinctly muted and I liked the way he acknowledged Stebe's performance when they met at the net though.  Pity another player we all know and love Whistle can't do the same.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Dubai Tennis Championships 2012 « Reply #87 on: February 27, 2012, 06:27 PM »

Very strong field this one. I guess we'll take one match at a time.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Dubai Tennis Championships 2012 « Reply #88 on: February 27, 2012, 06:34 PM »

It's reckoned to be the strongest field ever in Dubai, so should be very interesting.
IP Logged
deb
Seed

I'd like to be impartial, but I can't!

Re: Dubai Tennis Championships 2012 « Reply #89 on: February 27, 2012, 06:58 PM »

Is Andrew Castle one of sky's commies now?
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »