Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Davis Cup - GB vs USA 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 Go Down Reply
Author

Davis Cup - GB vs USA

(Read 7684 times)
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Davis Cup - GB vs USA « Reply #330 on: February 02, 2014, 04:17 PM »

John Inverdale said the same thing (idiot!)

We all know its GB they are probably in Rugby mode lol
Thanks - yes it was Inverdale I heard too, but in the circumstances I'll forgive him since he doesn't usually make such howlers!
IP Logged
eeyorebob
Challenger Level

"I am a champion, and you're gonna hear me roar"

Re: Davis Cup - GB vs USA « Reply #331 on: February 02, 2014, 04:25 PM »

No he doesnt LOL so it kinda surprised me he did.  I think it's down to the fact he is doing the Rugby and that is 6 nations and we are all "seperate" for that and his poor brain got confused
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Dream big, because little dreams have little magic

Re: Davis Cup - GB vs USA « Reply #332 on: February 02, 2014, 04:40 PM »

Meanwhile, I'm watching (and yelling at!) the rugby and during the half-time break I swear the announcer said that, if Andy, and thereby GB, wn tonight it would be ENGLAND'S first win over the US since 1935 ...

Ha,I'm watching too,and I caught the same thing Aileen!I was really surprised to hear it from him. naughty
IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: Davis Cup - GB vs USA « Reply #333 on: February 02, 2014, 04:46 PM »

Scotland being drubbed by the Irish. Scotland had a good start but have been totally outplayed by the Irish.
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Dream big, because little dreams have little magic

Re: Davis Cup - GB vs USA « Reply #334 on: February 02, 2014, 04:49 PM »

Sorry to Aileen and LB and any other Scottish fans Frown But must admit we're delighted in my house! cmon yeah
IP Logged
Connor
John McEnroe

Re: Davis Cup - GB vs USA « Reply #335 on: February 02, 2014, 04:57 PM »

What's more disturbing you all watch rugby, or Aileen watches rugby?
IP Logged
eeyorebob
Challenger Level

"I am a champion, and you're gonna hear me roar"

Re: Davis Cup - GB vs USA « Reply #336 on: February 02, 2014, 05:00 PM »

Nothing wrong with Rugby! at least they have an excuse to roll around on the floor!
IP Logged
Connor
John McEnroe

Re: Davis Cup - GB vs USA « Reply #337 on: February 02, 2014, 05:07 PM »

Nothing wrong with Rugby! at least they have an excuse to roll around on the floor!

There is everything wrong with rugby, what an inhumane sport. It's barbaric. Awful to watch.
IP Logged
Alis
ATP Level

Re: Davis Cup - GB vs USA « Reply #338 on: February 02, 2014, 05:18 PM »

It's very entertaining to watch - particularly a match like yesterday's England v France. 
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Davis Cup - GB vs USA « Reply #339 on: February 02, 2014, 05:29 PM »

What's more disturbing you all watch rugby, or Aileen watches rugby?
So?  I happen to enjoy watching it at this level and always have done.

lol

There is everything wrong with rugby, what an inhumane sport. It's barbaric. Awful to watch.
There's notning barbaric about all that these lovely male bodies hauling each other around. wink

I agree it does look a little dangerous, but these guys know what they're doing and how best to avoid injury as far as possible.  Now if you want to see something really barbaric, how about boxing??  Two guys trying to punch the living daylights out of each other.  I know Andy's an enthusiastic spectator but he says it's more the technical aspects he's interested in,  and the discipline involved, rather than the blood 'n' guts side of it.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Davis Cup - GB vs USA « Reply #340 on: February 02, 2014, 05:38 PM »

Ha,I'm watching too,and I caught the same thing Aileen!I was really surprised to hear it from him. naughty
He did get it correct later, and I'm sure it was just a slip of the tongue given all the rugby that's been going on.  He doesn't usually make howlers like that.

Sorry to Aileen and LB and any other Scottish fans Frown But must admit we're delighted in my house! cmon yeah
Aye - well done to Ireland, they outclassed us in just about every department, and their defence was superb.  They thoroughly deserved their win.  Better luck next time Scotland!

IP Logged
blueberryhill
World No 1

Re: Davis Cup - GB vs USA « Reply #341 on: February 02, 2014, 05:48 PM »

What are you on about now Rolling Eyes Or are you just trolling as usual?  When played properly Rugby is the most exhilarating sport to watch.
And if you're not trolling why bother to come and comment on something you don't like? And while I'm at it, why can't Aileen enjoy Rugby? More  Rolling Eyes
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Davis Cup - GB vs USA « Reply #342 on: February 02, 2014, 05:54 PM »

^ I agree BBH.  If people don't like a topic, then they should keep their noses out of it unless they have something constructive to say.

backtotopic

Looking at the stats for the whole Ward/Querrey match one could be forgiven for wondering how on earth Ward ever managed to win, which is one reason I have no faith in stats for matches.  Doing them set by set make much more sense.
[ Last edit by Aileen February 02, 2014, 05:58 PM ] IP Logged
Connor
John McEnroe

Re: Davis Cup - GB vs USA « Reply #343 on: February 02, 2014, 05:59 PM »

What are you on about now Rolling Eyes Or are you just trolling as usual?  When played properly Rugby is the most exhilarating sport to watch.
And if you're not trolling why bother to come and comment on something you don't like? And while I'm at it, why can't Aileen enjoy Rugby? More  Rolling Eyes

Rolling Eyes The bit about Aileen was clearly a joke. As you should know by now, I'm a bit of a jester. Further Rolling Eyes, the preceeding sentence was my opinion. Something I am entitled too.
IP Logged
Apollo
World No 1

Re: Davis Cup - GB vs USA « Reply #344 on: February 02, 2014, 06:05 PM »

Just jesting?  Funny how flat words in a post can be taken many ways. Perhaps a smiley face after the statement would clarify one was jesting.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »