Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Davis Cup - GB vs USA 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 [27] Go Down Reply
Author

Davis Cup - GB vs USA

(Read 7727 times)
blueberryhill
World No 1

Re: Davis Cup - GB vs USA « Reply #390 on: February 03, 2014, 12:13 PM »

For once I am totally in agreement with GM

I really don't mind if you like rugby or not. My point was why come into an enjoyable discussion just to post a disparaging remark?
If people on here were discussing how enjoyable blood sports are, I could understand it, but anyway, I'd still  try to argue my case logically.

IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Davis Cup - GB vs USA « Reply #391 on: February 03, 2014, 12:17 PM »

where did you hear about the groin strain Alis as there was no sign of it though I did see him rather limping off after his interview?  I just put it down to tiredness.
I was really encouraged by how Andy played on clay -and slippery clay at that and so soon after his op.  It was Querrey who was slipping.  Also thought it was interesting about what Ross said about Andy on clay ie that it was his back, which had prevented him hitting the ball how he needed to after sliding into it.  And thinking about it Andy was beginning to play well on clay prior to his back problem. So who knows what he might achieve now on the red stuff.
I agree that Ward's brilliant victory enabled Andy to have the rest he needed before taking on Querrey and as the match went into a fourth set I was giving thanks for that.
IP Logged
iamabritt
World No 1

Re: Davis Cup - GB vs USA « Reply #392 on: February 03, 2014, 02:01 PM »

enjoyed the whole thing,would love to see james ward play more.well done Andy
IP Logged
benniebone
ATP Level

Re: Davis Cup - GB vs USA « Reply #393 on: February 03, 2014, 02:42 PM »

I really don't mind if you like rugby or not. My point was why come into an enjoyable discussion just to post a disparaging remark?
If people on here were discussing how enjoyable blood sports are, I could understand it, but anyway, I'd still  try to argue my case logically.

Perhaps its got something to do with my young cousin who aged 15 years ,broke his neck playing Rugby at school and is now in a wheelchair Is that logical enough for you?

IP Logged
Elena
Seed

Re: Davis Cup - GB vs USA « Reply #394 on: February 03, 2014, 03:03 PM »

Great result! Only saw the first set yesterday, and obviously Sam didn't carry on where he'd left off on Friday, but did as Courier said he should - "come out swinging and see where the chips fall".

Wardy did such a great job on Friday, good that Andy could rest on Saturday. It would have been very tough for Wardy (and Donald) to follow Andy's match yesterday, whether a live rubber or not - he said it got "a bit ugly after the 2nd set" and he went to warm up, but then felt pretty confident he wouldn't be needed after the 6-1 3rd set

Will catch up later on the rest of it on iPlayer, but have just watched the on - court interviews. I like Leon Smith "Captain Fantastic"

Strange, as someone pointed out, that the 4 Slam nations were playing each other this weekend. The World Group play-offs will be interesting with 6 of the top 10 nations involved.

Steven ‏@GBtennis  39m
GB jump 7 places to 11th in the new @DavisCup rankings, a 34-place rise since being 45th just over 2 years ago! :-)
IP Logged
Alis
ATP Level

Re: Davis Cup - GB vs USA « Reply #395 on: February 03, 2014, 03:53 PM »

where did you hear about the groin strain Alis as there was no sign of it though I did see him rather limping off after his interview?  I just put it down to tiredness.

I read it in a report from someone who was as the match, Ruthie - doesn't mean that it's true, of course!
IP Logged
Katie
ATP Level

Andy Murray - US Open and Wimbledon champion! :)

Re: Davis Cup - GB vs USA « Reply #396 on: February 03, 2014, 06:50 PM »

Such a great win for GB - and a real team effort too. Smile
IP Logged
tamila
Challenger Level

Re: Davis Cup - GB vs USA « Reply #397 on: February 03, 2014, 07:00 PM »

Seemingly, Andy had a minor groin strain going into the match yesterday.  I do hope it is only minor.

I noticed that he looked uncomfortable but my OH was convinced he was desperate for the loo.  He did seem better after leaving the court in a hurry when he retuned to the team interview.  He was shifting about in his interview like my grandson when he is desperate.
IP Logged
ABF
Challenger Level

Re: Davis Cup - GB vs USA « Reply #398 on: February 10, 2014, 06:19 PM »

For someone who claims to be a tennis fan, you do not know a whole lot! Stan just beat two of the mentally toughest guys of all time in Australia to win his first major having stuffed Murray at the US Open last summer and for good measure Stan also put the smack down on Murray at the US Open in 2010.

I'll correct that for ya bud.... Stan's 'big' wins came against injured opponents. A 100% fit Nadal or Murray would beat him ...and in straight sets most likely.  Fed only beat Murray at the Oz because Andy wasnt 100% fit at the time.
In a Davis cup scenario Id say Andy would win his singles matches and therefore GB would require 1 more point from the other 3 matches.... entirely feasible GB could win the tie.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Davis Cup - GB vs USA « Reply #399 on: February 22, 2014, 12:12 PM »

DC qfs will be in Naples - on clay (no surprise there).
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 [27] Go Up Reply 
« previous next »