Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Favourite Andy Match 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Reply
Author

Favourite Andy Match

(Read 1855 times)
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Favourite Andy Match « Reply #15 on: March 19, 2012, 09:29 PM »

Definitely the 2008 Gasquet match.  The way Andy turned things around after winning the 3rd set tiebreak was incredible.  But oh the agony as it got darker and darker at SW19, with the Referee prowling around looking at his watch, while 400 miles north the sun was still shining!  I think the near-hysterial crowd (and myself) would have imploded had Andy failed to serve the match out at 5-4 because play would definitely have been stopped otherwise, and that was absolutely unthinkable.  There's no doubt in my mind that that was the day Andy Murray truly arrived.
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: Favourite Andy Match « Reply #16 on: March 30, 2012, 09:06 AM »

IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Favourite Andy Match « Reply #17 on: March 30, 2012, 09:11 AM »

You're like a fairy godmother Bev.  We post our wishes and lo we are gifted with our favourite matches.  yay
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

Re: Favourite Andy Match « Reply #18 on: March 30, 2012, 09:12 AM »

lol  Having trouble with the Federer one though.  Might have to be highlights from part way through the match. search

Wawrinka match a slippery critter too Rolling Eyes
[ Last edit by Bevc March 30, 2012, 09:30 AM ] IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

Re: Favourite Andy Match « Reply #19 on: March 30, 2012, 09:15 AM »

The 2 others that go with these have been blocked on copyright grounds Frown
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Re: Favourite Andy Match « Reply #20 on: March 30, 2012, 09:30 AM »

Perhaps Fed won't allow matches where he's not done well to be copied!
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

Re: Favourite Andy Match « Reply #21 on: March 30, 2012, 09:33 AM »

This is about as much as I can get for the Wawrinka match - poor showing really for such a great match!

IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Re: Favourite Andy Match « Reply #22 on: March 30, 2012, 12:28 PM »

omg I remember that one.  I was at a formal dinner at the university and a friend was texting me set scores.  Then carried on listening on car radio on way home and arrive back in time to watch I think the last set - or certainly part of it.   That was one of those roller coaster in microcosm matches.
IP Logged
Elena
Seed

Re: Favourite Andy Match « Reply #23 on: March 30, 2012, 12:53 PM »

omg I remember that one.  I was at a formal dinner at the university and a friend was texting me set scores.  Then carried on listening on car radio on way home and arrive back in time to watch I think the last set - or certainly part of it.   That was one of those roller coaster in microcosm matches.

I'll never forget that one either - watched the start of it, went to the theatre, saw a whole Ibsen drama, and came back to find the match still going!
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Re: Favourite Andy Match « Reply #24 on: March 30, 2012, 03:33 PM »

and which was more dramatic the Ibsen or the match Elena?  Whistle
IP Logged
Elena
Seed

Re: Favourite Andy Match « Reply #25 on: March 30, 2012, 04:30 PM »

and which was more dramatic the Ibsen or the match Elena?  Whistle
Haha - well the Ibsen got off to a better start, but the ending - no contest! A classic play where we all knew what would happen, and a tennis battle where no one did. And the atmosphere with the roof, the lights, the crowd, first late night match at Wimbledon was brilliant (especially as Andy won).
I did enjoy the contrasts of the evening though.
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Favourite Andy Match « Reply #26 on: March 30, 2012, 04:39 PM »

Remember watching it with my family in the living room, going mental at every point, cursing at every miss. That last set... wow. 3-0 up, seemingly in the bag, back comes Wawrinka 3-3, breaks again to go 5-3 up, then that last game half of which is captured in the video above. Such high's and low's in one match only repeated since at the US Open '11 against Haase and AO '12 against Djokovic, but as he lost the latter and the Haase match was lower quality and obviously not at Wimbledon (or breaking any records as this one did) without the same atmosphere, this one is only beaten by the Gasquet match the year two years before.

Incredible. Possibly the best atmosphere I've ever seen at Wimbledon (didn't really follow tennis as much in the Henman days), bar maybe the first set against Nadal last year. Such an emotional roller-coaster of a match, and the only time I've ever seen Murray fall to his knees after a win.

Makes me wonder his reaction to when (not if) he wins his first grand slam... will he collapse on to his back/front like most other players to, drop to his knees like that match against Wawrinka or just the casual fist pump he normally does after a big win?
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Re: Favourite Andy Match « Reply #27 on: March 30, 2012, 05:33 PM »

I somehow think that a GS win would be more than a casual fist pump tmh.
I think he might do that wonderful leap for joy he does sometimes [ie even now it's not always just fist pumps] and I'm sure he will cry.  But we get ahead of ourselves.
IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: Favourite Andy Match « Reply #28 on: March 30, 2012, 05:45 PM »

When he does Ruthie I will cry too with Joy that he has won a slam. I hope it happens soon and all those critics who put him down will disappear once and for all. It is your time Andy so come on you can show them all.
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Favourite Andy Match « Reply #29 on: March 30, 2012, 05:50 PM »

Andy will reach the Wimbledon final before losing in a heartbreaking five setter to Djokovic, going down 6-1 in the final set after losing the fourth on a tie-break.

But he'll bounce back to win the US Open and Australian Open in succession to stun the critics and claim the #1 along the way, whilst Federer retires.

Bold prediction of the day #2.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »