Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Favourite Andy Match 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Reply
Author

Favourite Andy Match

(Read 1666 times)
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Favourite Andy Match « Reply #30 on: March 31, 2012, 02:29 AM »

This is about as much as I can get for the Wawrinka match - poor showing really for such a great match!

That match really was quite something.  I recall Andy being displeased because he thought they were going to play without the roof.  Also the players were soon drenched in sweat because this was the first time a full match had been played under the roof and so the air-conditioning and humidity regulator had never been fully tested.  Well they certainly were here and were found seriously wanting.  Andy was so exhausted by the end he could barely speak to the on-court interviewer.
IP Logged
Knights
Junior

Re: Favourite Andy Match « Reply #31 on: March 31, 2012, 02:36 AM »

My favourite match was Andy taking on Ferrer at the Australian Open 2011
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: Favourite Andy Match « Reply #32 on: March 31, 2012, 03:03 AM »

Hey Knights! ..and..welcome..
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Favourite Andy Match « Reply #33 on: March 31, 2012, 03:19 AM »

Welcome to MW, Knights. Smile
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: Favourite Andy Match « Reply #34 on: March 31, 2012, 11:12 AM »

A few highlights to choose from Think

IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Favourite Andy Match « Reply #35 on: March 31, 2012, 02:14 PM »

Just made a mammoth post about this, clicked Post and didn't realise I'd lost my connection to the internet. Neutral Uni connection is f**king abysmal.

Probably for the best, you'd have only got bored reading it. Very Happy

But ye, great call Knights on that match, and thanks for the highlights Bev. Mostly forgotten about this match somehow, god knows how. Andy at his very amazing best in the last two and a half sets. The two points from 19:43... wow.

Such a typical roller-coaster match. Could so easily have gotten away from him at set point down, 2nd set. Clung in there, then goes break up, then broken back serving for the set.. only to storm the tie-break. Came out on top in the real huge points (set point; second set, the tie-breaks).

A brilliant match by two amazing fighters. Andy is so good when he's that aggressive (and has the confidence to go with it). He's playing like that more and more often these days and he's so good when he's on form (the last two meetings with Nadal and Djokovic are proof of that). Unfortunately when he's a bit nervous or not moving 100% he can often slip back into his old passive self (Federer Dubai, Garcia-Lopez IW...). Hopefully as he goes with Lendl he cuts out on those sort of performances and plays more often like he can.

Also, anyone notice Wozniacki in/just behind Andy's box? She seems to be a fan..
IP Logged
Coldmarek
Top Seed

Andy Murray is better than you.

Re: Favourite Andy Match « Reply #36 on: March 31, 2012, 08:17 PM »

Cheers for the videos everyone.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Favourite Andy Match « Reply #37 on: March 31, 2012, 11:55 PM »

Just made a mammoth post about this, clicked Post and didn't realise I'd lost my connection to the internet. Neutral Uni connection is f**king abysmal.

Probably for the best, you'd have only got bored reading it. Very Happy

But ye, great call Knights on that match, and thanks for the highlights Bev. Mostly forgotten about this match somehow, god knows how. Andy at his very amazing best in the last two and a half sets. The two points from 19:43... wow.

Such a typical roller-coaster match. Could so easily have gotten away from him at set point down, 2nd set. Clung in there, then goes break up, then broken back serving for the set.. only to storm the tie-break. Came out on top in the real huge points (set point; second set, the tie-breaks).

A brilliant match by two amazing fighters. Andy is so good when he's that aggressive (and has the confidence to go with it). He's playing like that more and more often these days and he's so good when he's on form (the last two meetings with Nadal and Djokovic are proof of that). Unfortunately when he's a bit nervous or not moving 100% he can often slip back into his old passive self (Federer Dubai, Garcia-Lopez IW...). Hopefully as he goes with Lendl he cuts out on those sort of performances and plays more often like he can.

Also, anyone notice Wozniacki in/just behind Andy's box? She seems to be a fan..
I have noticed Wozniacki sitting close to Andy's box before.  Maybe she and Andy are on friendly terms?  Not that I think Kim need worry, since Woz has a steady high-profile boyfriend in golfer Rory McIlroy!
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Favourite Andy Match « Reply #38 on: April 01, 2012, 05:36 PM »

I have noticed Wozniacki sitting close to Andy's box before.  Maybe she and Andy are on friendly terms?  Not that I think Kim need worry, since Woz has a steady high-profile boyfriend in golfer Rory McIlroy!
They're both with Adidas and I think Andy is quite friendly with Rory so it makes sense.  I do remember though wondering the first time I saw her there before her relationship with Rory was known about.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Favourite Andy Match « Reply #39 on: April 01, 2012, 05:44 PM »

They're both with Adidas and I think Andy is quite friendly with Rory so it makes sense.  I do remember though wondering the first time I saw her there before her relationship with Rory was known about.
Yes, I'd forgotten about that.  And, yes, I too did start wondering what was going on at first!
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

Re: Favourite Andy Match « Reply #40 on: April 03, 2012, 01:22 AM »

Who couldn't forget this one

IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

Re: Favourite Andy Match « Reply #41 on: April 03, 2012, 01:26 AM »

After watching an old Andy match from 2006 while being rained out at work I was wondering what Murray match is the favourite of the MW followers.

Mine is the Australian Open match in 2007 against Rafa. Even though he lost this is the way I have always felt he should play as he was aggressive at the right times and moved like a gazelle...

In my opinion if he had never suffered the wrist injury in 2007 I feel he would have had that GS by now.

Courts look better in blue yes
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Reply 
« previous next »