Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs Jurgen Melzer, Wednesday, Time TBA - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Favourite Moments. 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Down Reply
Author

Favourite Moments.

(Read 4343 times)
Elly
Murraymaniac

The mind doubts, but the heart never does.

Favourite moments « Reply #15 on: October 31, 2005, 08:31 AM »

Like everyone, I thoroughly enjoyed Andy's highlights at Queens and Wimbledon during the summer.  His boyish enthusiasm captured everyone's imagination.

However, for me it was the level of maturity and single-mindedness he showed during the Thailand Open (after his disappointing Davis cup losses) that really convinced me Andy is undoubtedly 'the real deal'.  The speed at which he matured from Queens and Wimbledon was just awesome.  What excites me more than anything is that he's reached these dizzy heights already, while there is still so much more to work on in his game.  

Here's to 2006 and to Andy's continuing success - he deserves every minute of it.  Very Happy
IP Logged
Banannie
Veteran

Favourite Moments « Reply #16 on: October 31, 2005, 08:57 AM »

There have been sooo many, but these are the ones that stand out:
Queens, the first time i had seen him, and he was fantastic, especially against Johanson
Wimbledon, the win against Stepanek, and then of coarse the match against Nalbandian, where he was soo close to winning. (And i publicly apologise to my french exchange for forcing her to sit and watch that match, on her first day in England! My mum kept telling me to take her out, but i was not going to miss that match, so im sorry French Exchange for forcing you to sit there for like 3 hours, obviously bored!) But not just the tennis, i loved the way he was on court then, celebrating all the time, and trying to get the crowds applaud going (which all seems to have mysteriously dissapeared, but that doesn't really matter).
Thailand obviously, just showed he could beat top 50 players, and even top 30, like Ginepri.
This is one that most people wont have, but the Davis Cup against Switzerland, i know that generally Britain performed quite bady, winning nothing, but watching the doubles match Murray played some amazing points past Federer, and that made me think that, even with Federer on the other side of the court,  he can play some amazing shots.
Finally the Tim Henman match, and of coarse the tears at the end Very Happy
IP Logged
top_spin
Murraymaniac

Favourite Moments. « Reply #17 on: October 31, 2005, 03:10 PM »

my favorite moment...  Rolling Eyes when i realised Andy ate wooden bananas.... Embarassed
*gets out of shallowville mood*  Very Happy i think Andy's Wimbly season was the best thing that's happened to him! i watched all of the match where he played Nalbandian.. on court side which was amazing! i knew about Andy before Wimbledon but i didn't realise just until then how amazing he was!  Exclamation and it must be my top Wimbledon moment of 2005.. to hear Andy shout woot 10 rows away on the grass!  bounce
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Favourite Moments. « Reply #18 on: October 31, 2005, 06:28 PM »

What about the Davis Cup in Israel?  That was a fantastic doubles match he played with David Sherwood!  highfive
IP Logged
Banannie
Veteran

Favourite Moments. « Reply #19 on: October 31, 2005, 06:46 PM »

I never saw that match, wish i had though, ive seen pictures of it and andy looks absolutely over the moon at the end
IP Logged
hulahoop
Seed

Home is where the heart is!

Favourite Moments. « Reply #20 on: October 31, 2005, 08:01 PM »

8)  I'm going out on a limb here, but for me it was watching highlights of the Boys Singles final at the US Open in 2004.

It was raw and a bit baseline sloggy, but there was that relief that if things went well, this gawky kid would be the one to carry the burden and hopes of British Tennis.

The next few months were nerve wracking as cracking the transition into Seniors is the hardest thing ever.

And then came Queens.  And I've been wooting ever since.

jumping-w00t
IP Logged
Josh
Seed

Favourite Moments. « Reply #21 on: November 01, 2005, 05:32 PM »

Definately the Stepanek match and the first two sets against Nalbandian.  The way he destroyed Stepanek, who has recently beaten Tim twice, showed me that he was a top class player and he would tick around. Also his victory over Taylor Dent  at Queens, it takes a lot to win your first match against a great player.  And of course his amazing run in Bangkok, just the whole six months really.  Bring on 2006!!
IP Logged
Quackers
Murraymaniac

Favourite Moments. « Reply #22 on: November 02, 2005, 06:54 PM »

Yeh I loved that match, it was right after Tim lost his match and I was really down and too depressed to change the channel and then Stepanek and Andy came on, and as soon as Andy served (and I was like WHOO!) I was hooked from then on! And then near the end of the match when Stepanek rubbed the net to try and put Andy off when he was winning.  Then Andy did it after when he was winning and I like hes SO cool! lol

Amy
IP Logged
heavenlyangel
Challenger Level

Favourite Moments. « Reply #23 on: November 02, 2005, 06:57 PM »

Quote from: "Bevc"
What about the Davis Cup in Israel?  That was a fantastic doubles match he played with David Sherwood!  highfive

Have to admit that was one heck of a match to watch.
IP Logged
Sir Panda
Murraymaniac

Misunderstood genius.

Favourite Moments. « Reply #24 on: November 06, 2005, 07:44 PM »

I think beating Radek Stapenek is his greatest acheivement thus far. By Wimbledon 2nd round, there was a bit of preesure on him after Teem's exit and he coped brilliantly, and beat the 13th seed in straight seeds. Thats really the match that made me sit up and take notice of the young Murray. I have followed him in the tabloids and internet ever since.....
IP Logged
Sir Panda
Murraymaniac

Misunderstood genius.

Favourite Moments. « Reply #25 on: November 17, 2005, 03:59 PM »

Is there a list of tournaments that he can play in. I know he will go for AUS open and the Heinken Cup...but what is his plans after that?
IP Logged
Riverman
Veteran

Hello

Favourite Moments. « Reply #26 on: November 17, 2005, 04:04 PM »

http://www.atptennis.com/en/common/TrackIt.asp?file=/en/tournaments/fullcalendar/calendar2006.pdf

He is confirmed as definitely playing San Jose (week commencing Feb 13th), and it is expected he will play some of the other North American events before the Masters in Indian Wells (March 6th) and Miami (March 20th).
IP Logged
Riverman
Veteran

Hello

Favourite Moments. « Reply #27 on: November 17, 2005, 04:09 PM »

Seems GB are playing Davis Cup 10th-12th Feb 2006... presumably Andy is doing that then shooting off to California to play on the 13th? 14th? Think
IP Logged
eira_arian
John McEnroe

Favourite Moments. « Reply #28 on: November 17, 2005, 04:14 PM »

Quote from: "JohnW"
Seems GB are playing Davis Cup 10th-12th Feb 2006... presumably Andy is doing that then shooting off to California to play on the 13th? 14th? Think

lordy, that could be interesting....
IP Logged
Riverman
Veteran

Hello

Favourite Moments. « Reply #29 on: November 17, 2005, 04:14 PM »

Indeed... look what happened last time! \Very Happy/
IP Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »