Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs Fabio Fognini, Thursday, Estimated time - 1:45pm BST - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Federer backs Murray to smash into world top three 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Reply
Author

Federer backs Murray to smash into world top three

(Read 1655 times)
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Federer backs Murray to smash into world top three « on: January 08, 2006, 10:16 AM »

Article from today's Mail on Sunday:-

Andrew Murray begins his final preparations for the Australian Open this week with Roger Federer backing him to get into the world's top three.
Murray, who lost to the world No.1 in the Thailand Open last year - his first ATP Tour final - has targeted a place in the top 20 this year.  But Federer believes the Scot has the ability to be one of his main rivals.
"Tim Henman is still the British No.1 in my book but there's no doubt that Murray has big potential" said Federer.  "After that you need determination and hard work"
"He can make it to the top 10.  In fact, Andy has the potential to be in the world's top three.  He can certainly equal or even better what Tim and Greg Rusedski have achieved.  He needs time.  I hope he becomes a rival."
Murray will be aiming to pick up ranking points in this weeks Auckland Open before competing in the first Grand Slam of the new year a week tomorrow, whereas Henman has opted for practice after going out of the Qatar Open in Doha in the second round last week.
But Federer added: "Everyone respects and still fears Tim.  Certainly, I do.  Even now I'd much rather he was in the other half of the draw."
IP Logged
deedee
John McEnroe

Federer backs Murray to smash into world top three « Reply #1 on: January 08, 2006, 10:20 AM »

That's promissing  shocking
IP Logged
brighton babe
Challenger Level

Neue Jaffageschmack kuchen schlager Andy?

Federer backs Murray to smash into world top three « Reply #2 on: January 08, 2006, 10:23 AM »

Great article!
i think Andy will be really pleased to hear that from Federer!
IP Logged
Riverman
Veteran

Hello

Federer backs Murray to smash into world top three « Reply #3 on: January 08, 2006, 11:12 AM »

Hooray for Fed Smile
IP Logged
Banannie
Veteran

Federer backs Murray to smash into world top three « Reply #4 on: January 08, 2006, 11:15 AM »

See Dentie .... how can you not like him..... he thinks Andy can do well  goodjob
Great article.... thanks for typing it up Bev goodjob
IP Logged
deedee
John McEnroe

Federer backs Murray to smash into world top three « Reply #5 on: January 08, 2006, 11:19 AM »

I just don't... He's fake... But oh well, we'll always disagree on this one!
IP Logged
kwevus
ATP Level

Let us taste those Murray mints

Federer backs Murray to smash into world top three « Reply #6 on: January 08, 2006, 01:25 PM »

aw how nice of fed!! i dont like him that much either dentie but when he says stuff like this . . .!! x(",)x
IP Logged
deedee
John McEnroe

Federer backs Murray to smash into world top three « Reply #7 on: January 08, 2006, 01:28 PM »

Toilet monster I want to do that to Fed...
But it is nice that he said that...  :---)
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

The mind doubts, but the heart never does.

Federer backs Murray to smash into world top three « Reply #8 on: January 08, 2006, 01:34 PM »

shocking I think Fed is one of the most genuine guys on the tennis tour!  I can't understand why you guys don't like him... confused
IP Logged
~Lola~
Challenger Level

Flood me with your words - trust me, I can swim

Federer backs Murray to smash into world top three « Reply #9 on: January 08, 2006, 01:34 PM »

Thanks for the article Bevc! goodjob
IP Logged
deedee
John McEnroe

Federer backs Murray to smash into world top three « Reply #10 on: January 08, 2006, 01:36 PM »

Quote from: "ellyb"
shocking I think Fed is one of the most genuine guys on the tennis tour!  I can't understand why you guys don't like him... confused

I just can't stand him... It's sad... I will never like him, never...
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

The mind doubts, but the heart never does.

Federer backs Murray to smash into world top three « Reply #11 on: January 08, 2006, 01:36 PM »

Oh, Dentie - you make me sad saying that...   Crying or Very sad
IP Logged
eira_arian
John McEnroe

Federer backs Murray to smash into world top three « Reply #12 on: January 08, 2006, 01:38 PM »

I agree with you elly - I like the guy....
IP Logged
Banannie
Veteran

Federer backs Murray to smash into world top three « Reply #13 on: January 08, 2006, 01:39 PM »

I always used to think that he was really arrogant, no idea why, but now i think he is a really genuinly nice guy...... and i like him now  goodjob
IP Logged
deedee
John McEnroe

Federer backs Murray to smash into world top three « Reply #14 on: January 08, 2006, 01:39 PM »

I know, I know... But no one will ever be able to change my opinion about him.
IP Logged
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »