Andy Murray vs Vasek Pospisil, Wednesday, Time - 1:00pm BST - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld  >  Andy Talk  >  Federer backs Murray to smash into world top three
Pages: [1] 2 Reply

Federer backs Murray to smash into world top three

Article from today's Mail on Sunday:-

Andrew Murray begins his final preparations for the Australian Open this week with Roger Federer backing him to get into the world's top three.
Murray, who lost to the world No.1 in the Thailand Open last year - his first ATP Tour final - has targeted a place in the top 20 this year.  But Federer believes the Scot has the ability to be one of his main rivals.
"Tim Henman is still the British No.1 in my book but there's no doubt that Murray has big potential" said Federer.  "After that you need determination and hard work"
"He can make it to the top 10.  In fact, Andy has the potential to be in the world's top three.  He can certainly equal or even better what Tim and Greg Rusedski have achieved.  He needs time.  I hope he becomes a rival."
Murray will be aiming to pick up ranking points in this weeks Auckland Open before competing in the first Grand Slam of the new year a week tomorrow, whereas Henman has opted for practice after going out of the Qatar Open in Doha in the second round last week.
But Federer added: "Everyone respects and still fears Tim.  Certainly, I do.  Even now I'd much rather he was in the other half of the draw."
IP Logged

That's promissing  shocking
IP Logged

Great article!
i think Andy will be really pleased to hear that from Federer!
IP Logged

Hooray for Fed Smile
IP Logged

See Dentie .... how can you not like him..... he thinks Andy can do well  goodjob
Great article.... thanks for typing it up Bev goodjob
IP Logged

I just don't... He's fake... But oh well, we'll always disagree on this one!
IP Logged

aw how nice of fed!! i dont like him that much either dentie but when he says stuff like this . . .!! x(",)x
IP Logged

Toilet monster I want to do that to Fed...
But it is nice that he said that...  :---)
IP Logged

shocking I think Fed is one of the most genuine guys on the tennis tour!  I can't understand why you guys don't like him... confused
IP Logged

Thanks for the article Bevc! goodjob
IP Logged

Quote from: "ellyb"
shocking I think Fed is one of the most genuine guys on the tennis tour!  I can't understand why you guys don't like him... confused

I just can't stand him... It's sad... I will never like him, never...
IP Logged

Oh, Dentie - you make me sad saying that...   Crying or Very sad
IP Logged

I agree with you elly - I like the guy....
IP Logged

I always used to think that he was really arrogant, no idea why, but now i think he is a really genuinly nice guy...... and i like him now  goodjob
IP Logged

I know, I know... But no one will ever be able to change my opinion about him.
IP Logged
Pages: [1] 2 Reply