Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  FO QF : Murray v Ferrer 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Who progresses to the semis?
Andy in 3 - 8 (17.8%)
Andy in 4 - 17 (37.8%)
Andy in 5 - 13 (28.9%)
David in 3 - 3 (6.7%)
David in 4 - 2 (4.4%)
David in 5 - 2 (4.4%)
Total Voters: 43

Pages: 1 ... 50 51 52 [53] 54 55 56 ... 58 Go Down Reply
Author

FO QF : Murray v Ferrer

(Read 10359 times)
Hazybear
Grand Slam Champion

Re: FO QF : Murray v Ferrer « Reply #780 on: June 06, 2012, 08:14 PM »

Reports up

http://www.murraysworld.com/forum/latest-news/murray-falls-to-the-little-spanish-beast/msg736575/#new
IP Logged
deb
Seed

I'd like to be impartial, but I can't!

Re: FO QF : Murray v Ferrer « Reply #781 on: June 06, 2012, 08:18 PM »

Congratulations David Ferrer. No doubt who is the best player here. clap clap

Bye for now folks from around the Murray World.
wave

I want to forget  match this asap.
 search Very Sad
Is Queens the next, defending his title?
Bye Lashurst, queens next, Andy defending champ.
IP Logged
jdonald
Satellite Level

Re: FO QF : Murray v Ferrer « Reply #782 on: June 06, 2012, 08:20 PM »

,I am sorry I pressed the wrong button. masoka said it all, he is right. Murray did well. To win a Grand Salem he has to go another leap.l
IP Logged
backhandslice
Seed

You love my shenanigans. Admit it.

Re: FO QF : Murray v Ferrer « Reply #783 on: June 06, 2012, 08:24 PM »

To reach the QF is amazing for Andy considering its clay plus he had to deal with a lot of problems at the start of the tournament.
IP Logged
flowerpower
Challenger Level

Relax All is good!

Re: FO QF : Murray v Ferrer « Reply #784 on: June 06, 2012, 08:27 PM »

It looked so close (so many changes to break, and opportunities to win his own servicegame) and at the same time it wasn't close at all....

A lot of beautiful winners but so many more incredible mistakes.

Keep the feeling that he could have win and also, that he can win the next time...

Think  his back was troubeling/hinder him, hope he is really soon feeling better!
[ Last edit by flowerpower June 06, 2012, 08:34 PM ] IP Logged
deb
Seed

Re: FO QF : Murray v Ferrer « Reply #785 on: June 06, 2012, 08:29 PM »

With the greatest of respect I think everybody needs to accept that he is like that and undoubtedly will continue to be.  Playing devil's advocate perhaps those characteristics are what has got him to world number 4, given he comes from a fairly unsuccessful tennis playing nation. Let's not forget, that The Queen has been on the throne, for 60 years. Was it her father or grandfather who was reigning the last time we had a male GS tennis player. I think the trick must be managing his temperment, not changing it. I doubt he can. For that matter why should he? It is part of who he is. He had a really tough draw, and did his best with it. N.J. and Fed dropped more sets against far easier opponents.  Yes, they got through, but I imagine Murray would also have done.  Let's credit him with what he has achieved.
Well said, last year Andy had only just come back from his disappointment of the Australian open, I think we should wait till the end of the year before we start writting him of, and he will defiantly be at the O2.

IP Logged
deb
Seed

Re: FO QF : Murray v Ferrer « Reply #786 on: June 06, 2012, 08:30 PM »

To reach the QF is amazing for Andy considering its clay plus he had to deal with a lot of problems at the start of the tournament.
clap
IP Logged
Jayel
Junior

IT JUST GETS BETTER

Re: FO QF : Murray v Ferrer « Reply #787 on: June 06, 2012, 08:46 PM »

At the end of the day Andy must have been very frustrated... right to the end I felt he could turn it around and I think he felt the same way. Nothing to be ashamed of Daveed is really something on clay, but a few cheap points on serve (first serve seemed to go walkabout) and fewer wayward forehands and it could have been Andy's day. No one else at the FO has taken a set off him but our Andy did.Sadly I think that a few more will be lost by Daveed, but Nadal is something else!
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: FO QF : Murray v Ferrer « Reply #788 on: June 06, 2012, 08:53 PM »

Right. Time to shrug it off and move on.   

Andrew talking to me regularly now between points. Says: "I'm trying my tits off, man." And what magnificently manly tits they are..

Omg  that was the BEST part of the match  for me  hahahaha 

Hey John, what does that mean? Did he really talk to you during the match or are you referring to someone/something else? I did not get that. 
IP Logged
backhandslice
Seed

You love my shenanigans. Admit it.

Re: FO QF : Murray v Ferrer « Reply #789 on: June 06, 2012, 08:58 PM »

Right. Time to shrug it off and move on.   

Hey John, what does that mean? Did he really talk to you during the match or are you referring to someone/something else? I did not get that. 

no I was following someones twitter account   omg  I was in tears  hahaha  btw  if you did listen  he did actually say that  lol
IP Logged
janscribe
Veteran

Let's Go!!!

Re: FO QF : Murray v Ferrer « Reply #790 on: June 06, 2012, 09:06 PM »

By Bev thanks for all you do for this group.
I'll second that - she's a great girl operating from across the world - well done and thank you.
IP Logged
BigNose
ATP Level

The Voice of Reason

Re: FO QF : Murray v Ferrer « Reply #791 on: June 06, 2012, 09:18 PM »

Very disappointed. Ferrer has reached his first French Open semi-final at the age of 30 at Andy's expense. I'm sure Andy is absolutely gutted this evening. He'll know himself Ferrer was there for the taking today but Andy just wasn't good enough. You can't win a Slam with 50% first serves and so many unforced errors. Andy really does look handicapped on this surface against the better players.
IP Logged
deb
Seed

Re: FO QF : Murray v Ferrer « Reply #792 on: June 06, 2012, 09:41 PM »

I'll second that - she's a great girl operating from across the world - well done and thank you.
And me, thanks Bev.
IP Logged
Katie
ATP Level

Andy Murray - US Open and Wimbledon champion! :)

Re: FO QF : Murray v Ferrer « Reply #793 on: June 06, 2012, 09:43 PM »

I think today's match showed why Andy doesn't play really aggressive tennis regularly - when he does, it's very hard to keep the error count down low enough to win against consistent opponents. It reminded me a lot of his slam matches against Rafa where his forehand frequently breaks down into the net.

It's definitely the slam where defeat is the easiest to take though. His tournament would almost certainly have ended in the semifinal against Rafa and back-to-back matches against Ferrer and Rafa would not have done his body any favours.

Ferrer played a very good match - so consistent, very few errors and played well on the break points. Given his clay record, he deserves to reach the RG semifinals at least once in his career - just a shame it had to be at Andy's expense.
IP Logged
reef
Junior

coral reef

Re: FO QF : Murray v Ferrer « Reply #794 on: June 06, 2012, 09:47 PM »

Some good play mixed with very bad........life would be SO much easier if that temperamental serve could be sorted.  No doubt the back doesn't help but Andy's serve has always been inconsistent.   SO frustrating.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 52 [53] 54 55 56 ... 58 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »