Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs David Ferrer, Saturday, Time: 2pm BST - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  FO QF : Murray v Ferrer 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Who progresses to the semis?
Andy in 3 - 8 (17.8%)
Andy in 4 - 17 (37.8%)
Andy in 5 - 13 (28.9%)
David in 3 - 3 (6.7%)
David in 4 - 2 (4.4%)
David in 5 - 2 (4.4%)
Total Voters: 43

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 58 Go Down Reply
Author

FO QF : Murray v Ferrer

(Read 11891 times)
ljs
Futures Level

Re: FO QF : Murray v Ferrer « Reply #45 on: June 05, 2012, 07:37 PM »

oh god , I think Andy will be super motivated to win this !!!!
not sure that he will , but hes gonna want it so bad !!!
IP Logged
ChrisMac
World No 1

Re: FO QF : Murray v Ferrer « Reply #46 on: June 05, 2012, 07:42 PM »

I'am sticking with Andy, eat **** or die!! He is my boy,a fan forever, and I will take the rough with the smooth!
IP Logged
mickeypops
Challenger Level

Re: FO QF : Murray v Ferrer « Reply #47 on: June 05, 2012, 08:00 PM »

I'am sticking with Andy, eat sh*t or die!! He is my boy,a fan forever, and I will take the rough with the smooth!

Hear hear!
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: FO QF : Murray v Ferrer « Reply #48 on: June 05, 2012, 08:06 PM »

Andy not being as motivated as he was against Gasquet? You must be having a laugh. He's playing in the quarter finals of a Slam. He'll be 100% motivated and he will be under a lot of pressure to keep his run of Slam semis going.

Its obvious from his comments last year Andy is immensely proud of being one of only 7 or 8 players in history to have reached the 4 Slam semis in one year. I'm sure he's already thinking of repeating that feat this year. Who else has done this 2 years in a row bar Fed?

BigNose, you are sometimes like that broken record that got stuck. You are objecting and saying the same thing over and over for the last few weeks now and let me tell you this, no matter how many times and how hard you press, the elevator is not going to come any time soon. So if you feel you have a point to make, then you’ve made it a long time ago. Now it's time you let it go.  Both Andy's back and how he'll be desperate to make another semi here.

Anyway, to your first point - Andy loves the hostile crowd (lol), so that kind of elevated his spirit to a new level and I don't feel that will happen again. Andy will be 100% motivated no doubt but I don't feel the same kind of spirit will be there. I think this will be more a like business day for him and less fun.
IP Logged
BigNose
ATP Level

The Voice of Reason

Re: FO QF : Murray v Ferrer « Reply #49 on: June 05, 2012, 08:17 PM »

Anyway, to your first point - Andy loves the hostile crowd (lol), so that kind of elevated his spirit to a new level and I don't feel that will happen again. Andy will be 100% motivated no doubt but I don't feel the same kind of spirit will be there.

Absolute rubbish. His spirit will rise to a new higher level.
IP Logged
ronpon

Re: FO QF : Murray v Ferrer « Reply #50 on: June 05, 2012, 08:30 PM »

BigNose, you are sometimes like that broken record that got stuck. You are objecting and saying the same thing over and over for the last few weeks now and let me tell you this, no matter how many times and how hard you press, the elevator is not going to come any time soon. So if you feel you have a point to make, then you’ve made it a long time ago. Now it's time you let it go.  Both Andy's back and how he'll be desperate to make another semi here.

Anyway, to your first point - Andy loves the hostile crowd (lol), so that kind of elevated his spirit to a new level and I don't feel that will happen again. Andy will be 100% motivated no doubt but I don't feel the same kind of spirit will be there. I think this will be more a like business day for him and less fun.

I do think Andy will be highly motivated tomorrow-it's the business end of a Slam and the fact that he hasn't beaten Ferrer on clay will appeal to his competitive spirit.  I agree the lack of vitriol from the Parisian mob will not be so apparent both because a Frenchman is not playing and because they are ambivalent at best to the Spanish.
IP Logged
jdonald
Satellite Level

Re: FO QF : Murray v Ferrer « Reply #51 on: June 05, 2012, 08:51 PM »

As I have said before there could be a surprise. I feel in the last few matches that lendl is getting throught to Andy. i think murray will win having seen him play in the last few matches. lendl does his homework, Andy has never had that before.

i think he will not have any pressure because of his injury that helps. Andy is very proud he will want to get to the semis there are points at stake.
IP Logged
Elena
Seed

Re: FO QF : Murray v Ferrer « Reply #52 on: June 05, 2012, 08:57 PM »

Andy is playing on Lenglen after Kvitova (4), v  Shvedova (142) which starts 1pm UK time. So any time between about 2.30 and 4, weather permitting!
IP Logged
scotsgeek28
Futures Level

Re: FO QF : Murray v Ferrer « Reply #53 on: June 05, 2012, 09:12 PM »

I am very confident Murray will defeat the road runner tomorrow.  Really looking forward to the tussle.  There have been some great games this week and lots of drama but personally I just hope Andy can win easily, which I am sure he can.  You can talk up Ferrer as much as you like, and he has been WAY OVERHYPED in my opinion by some people, but the fact remains when it comes to the slams against the top players Ferrer ALWAYS loses.  He just doesn't have the brilliance that Andy can call on.

I expect all the sets to be close but Andy to win in 4 worst case scenario.

Almagro could give Nadal one helluva battle, that may not be as one sided as people expect.

I can't believe how vulnerable Fed and Nole are looking.  As it stands the winner should come from the bottom half no question.  Could it be Andy?  Let's hope so! Crazier things have happened.  I wasn't overly optimistic for RG but I am sensing good things here for Andy, at least another SF.

IP Logged
batz

Re: FO QF : Murray v Ferrer « Reply #54 on: June 05, 2012, 09:16 PM »

The crowd won’t be a factor in this match. I don’t think they particularly care for Spanish players and as to Andy, who knows, but I’d rather they boo him. But I don’t think they will have a clear favourite going into the match and so they will probably swing both ways, as long as they find something to boo about.

Now on to the match itself. I don’t see Andy being as motivated as the other day, so I don’t think there will be a similar level of play (3rd and 4th set). If we take Pete’s advice then this is the 2nd week of a GS, where it’s essential for Andy to keep his matches short and spend as less energy as possible to save himself for the final two rounds. In other words, be aggressive and end the points as quickly as possible. There’s no point going toe to toe with Ferrer. Ferrer can do that all day and eventually it’s Andy who’s going to get frustrated and will end up making errors anyway. If that were to happen then he might as well be aggressive and play hit or miss game. I really think Andy knows what to do but whether he’ll be able to execute his gameplan properly or not that’s the question.

Another thing to consider is the time they played their last match and according to their H2H, it was in 2010. Last year, Andy had significantly better results and it seems he’s improved much more on this surface, so I think that will play a significant part in the match as well.

Finally and I really think this will be the most important factor in the match, Andy is not the favourite to win this match. And this being his least favourable surface, he becomes the least favourite of them all including Nadal, Nole, Federer, Ferrer and Del Potro etc. So, in other words, Andy has absolutely no pressure but he is also the dark horse. I don’t think anyone knows, including his fans, what he’s going to come up with against Ferrer, but I also think, it’s high time Andy gets a win over a top 10 player on clay and a win over Ferrer will be a real boost to his confidence. On the other hand, if he loses, it won’t be such a big deal and we all more or less like Ferrer, so it's not going to stink for a while.

I say it's a win-win.

Andy has already beaten a top 10 player on clay.
IP Logged
Murray Magic
ATP Level

Andy "Braveheart" Murray

Re: FO QF : Murray v Ferrer « Reply #55 on: June 05, 2012, 09:18 PM »

Am I alone in thinking that things are changing within Andy, he has a steeliness and what looks like a will to win.  I believe that Mr Lendl is beginning to have an impact.  This time last year, Andy did not have that expertise, someone to instill that belief in him.  I would love to see him beat Ferrer tommorow, he is a clay court boring grinder but hats off to him to have been able to sustain his place in the top ten for so long now.  I just think that if Andy can get to the SF then it is job done, points defended and Andy will give more of a challenge to Nadal than Ferrer will, he just rolls over for him.
IP Logged
iamabritt
World No 1

Re: FO QF : Murray v Ferrer « Reply #56 on: June 05, 2012, 09:26 PM »

John Macenroe said yesterday that Lendl said to Andy go have some fun ...I think he did.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: FO QF : Murray v Ferrer « Reply #57 on: June 05, 2012, 09:28 PM »

Absolute rubbish. His spirit will rise to a new higher level.

Again, you are not at all getting my point. I am not saying at all that Andy won’t be motivated. He, in fact, has no reason not to be motivated and that’s never the point - there are other elements involved in this match. Ferrer, I don’t feel Andy enjoys playing him and if you don’t enjoy playing certain players, it becomes more like work than it is anything else but never mind. In any case, will see how things go tomorrow.  

BTW, you chose Andy in 3 sets vs Gasquet (and you were wrong) and here again, you are going with 3 sets vs Ferrer as well. So judging by your prediction of late and for a few weeks now, I don't really think you know Andy all that well but that wasn't anything new for me but do keep harping on the same matter. Please.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: FO QF : Murray v Ferrer « Reply #58 on: June 05, 2012, 09:29 PM »

Andy has already beaten a top 10 player on clay.

Who's that player? I don't seem to recall but I do hope it's worthy one. A player with no clay ability yet ranking within top ten isn't anything noteworthy.
IP Logged
boogers
World No 1

Touched by his noodly appendage

Re: FO QF : Murray v Ferrer « Reply #59 on: June 05, 2012, 09:31 PM »

Who's that player? I don't seem to recall but I do hope it's worthy one. A player with no clay ability yet ranking within top ten isn't anything noteworthy.

Davydenko.

Ferrer in 3 close-ish sets.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 58 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »