Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  FO QF : Murray v Ferrer 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Who progresses to the semis?
Andy in 3 - 8 (17.8%)
Andy in 4 - 17 (37.8%)
Andy in 5 - 13 (28.9%)
David in 3 - 3 (6.7%)
David in 4 - 2 (4.4%)
David in 5 - 2 (4.4%)
Total Voters: 43

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 58 Go Down Reply
Author

FO QF : Murray v Ferrer

(Read 12289 times)
ak400
Futures Level

16 Grand Slams = peRFection

Re: FO QF : Murray v Ferrer « Reply #60 on: June 05, 2012, 09:44 PM »

I am calling Ferrer in 3 but I do agree with Courier, who also picked Ferrer the one thing is Murray is a better closer of matches then the Spaniard, if Murray can keep this close he has a shot.

Conditions I think will be pretty crucial, if it is sunny then I like Murray's chances of the upset if he plays as aggressive as he did today, heavy you have to favour Ferrer as it will be hard for Murray to hit through him
IP Logged
backhandslice
Seed

You love my shenanigans. Admit it.

Re: FO QF : Murray v Ferrer « Reply #61 on: June 05, 2012, 09:52 PM »

Ferrer in 3  ?!  please *****  Andy's gonna win    cmonandy  I'm quietly confident.
IP Logged
Sir Panda
Murraymaniac

Misunderstood genius.

Re: FO QF : Murray v Ferrer « Reply #62 on: June 05, 2012, 09:56 PM »

Ferrer in 3  ?!  please *****  Andy's gonna win    cmonandy  I'm quietly confident.

IP Logged
backhandslice
Seed

You love my shenanigans. Admit it.

Re: FO QF : Murray v Ferrer « Reply #63 on: June 05, 2012, 10:09 PM »

seriously  that GIF made me spew  vomit  please delete the post   or find a more appropriate/better gif  (but I would like it if you deleted it   thanks )   is there something wrong with being positive  confused  Think
[ Last edit by johnkiernan35 June 05, 2012, 10:14 PM ] IP Logged
top_spin
Murraymaniac

Re: FO QF : Murray v Ferrer « Reply #64 on: June 05, 2012, 10:11 PM »

The poll edit has changed my vote to Andy in 3 somehow, suits me huzzah.  yay

Andy and Rafa both on at 14:30 (BST) tomorrow - I will be at work.
IP Logged
Sir Panda
Murraymaniac

Misunderstood genius.

Re: FO QF : Murray v Ferrer « Reply #65 on: June 05, 2012, 10:18 PM »

seriously  that GIF made me spew  vomit  please delete the post   or find a more appropriate/better gif  (but I would like it if you deleted it   thanks )   is there something wrong with being positive  confused  Think

It made you spew? What's wrong with a bit of sado-masochism?
IP Logged
syc23
Futures Level

Re: FO QF : Murray v Ferrer « Reply #66 on: June 05, 2012, 10:46 PM »

Am I alone in thinking that things are changing within Andy, he has a steeliness and what looks like a will to win.  I believe that Mr Lendl is beginning to have an impact.  This time last year, Andy did not have that expertise, someone to instill that belief in him.  I would love to see him beat Ferrer tommorow, he is a clay court boring grinder but hats off to him to have been able to sustain his place in the top ten for so long now.  I just think that if Andy can get to the SF then it is job done, points defended and Andy will give more of a challenge to Nadal than Ferrer will, he just rolls over for him.

Andy will be playing with no pressure as Ferrer has a winning record over Andy on clay. It will be on the back of David's mind, should he progress can he handle another straight sets beat down from Rafa?
IP Logged
Apollo
World No 1

Re: FO QF : Murray v Ferrer « Reply #67 on: June 05, 2012, 10:50 PM »

It's been interesting reading all the odds on Andy for tomorrow, and why he will be motivated and why he won't be motivated, like any of us is in his head.  I hope that he and Lendl have been watching tapes, and talking a strategy for Andy to get past Ferrer.

I was a wreck at work during his match with Gasguet, and tomorrow I will face the same situation.  My daughter, an avid tennis fan and I talked during the match sending all the vibes we could call up.  Haha no I did not get much work done during the match.

So Andy, once again we will be with you along with all your true fans from Murraysworld sending you words of courage and support.  So here's to the weather be to your liking, the clay the way you like it, and may your racquet let David know just how awesome of a player you are.  Best of luck Andy, may the force be with you. Bagpipes udaman
IP Logged
BigNose
ATP Level

The Voice of Reason

Re: FO QF : Murray v Ferrer « Reply #68 on: June 05, 2012, 10:57 PM »

Its baffling to read so many people saying there is no pressure on Andy tomorrow. I can possibly understand this argument if he was playing Nadal. But he's playing the 6th seed, a guy who has never even reached the semi-finals at this tournament.
 Ive no doubt Andy will be expecting to win tomorrow and after seeing Joker and Fed win today, Andy will be absolutely desperate to join them.
IP Logged
Sir Panda
Murraymaniac

Misunderstood genius.

Re: FO QF : Murray v Ferrer « Reply #69 on: June 05, 2012, 10:59 PM »

Its baffling to read so many people saying there is no pressure on Andy tomorrow. I can possibly understand this argument if he was playing Nadal. But he's playing the 6th seed, a guy who has never even reached the semi-finals at this tournament.
 Ive no doubt Andy will be expecting to win tomorrow and after seeing Joker and Fed win today, Andy will be absolutely desperate to join them.

Bookies have Ferrer as favourite. Obviously there's not 'no pressure', but Murray is certainly the underdog, which I hope brings out his best tomorrow.
IP Logged
marg
Junior

Re: FO QF : Murray v Ferrer « Reply #70 on: June 05, 2012, 11:45 PM »

I have gone for Andy in Five.  Give Ferrer a false sense of security-mind games maybe as yesterday's plan!!!  Mr Lendl and the saints doing a really top notch job on Andy'd psyche.  I agree his showing some steel.  All the best Andy.
IP Logged
marg
Junior

Re: FO QF : Murray v Ferrer « Reply #71 on: June 05, 2012, 11:47 PM »

Please excuse typo errors- tired and a little stressed at the moment.
IP Logged
ljs
Futures Level

Re: FO QF : Murray v Ferrer « Reply #72 on: June 05, 2012, 11:48 PM »

I say Andy in five too , Im cautiously optimistic
IP Logged
IonaRed
Challenger Level

Re: FO QF : Murray v Ferrer « Reply #73 on: June 06, 2012, 12:14 AM »

I think Andy wins. The positives are that Andy has won 4 of the last 5 meetings. Ferrer won the last meeting but it was the only match Andy played at the WTF before withdrawing. Another positive has to be that it has been 2 years since they played on clay and never at RG. 
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: FO QF : Murray v Ferrer « Reply #74 on: June 06, 2012, 01:12 AM »

Davydenko.

Ferrer in 3 close-ish sets.

Davydenko is not in the same league as the current bunch. A win over Berdych or Del Potro or Ferrer or Nole or Soderling or Federer or Nadal will most certainly weigh more and will have more meaning. This will also show where Andy truly stands as far as clay is concerned. I do think a win over Ferrer on clay at RG will look good on his resume. Andy maybe the better player overall but Ferrer definitely has better results on clay and no wonder why the bookies are favouring Ferrer in this match.

I do pick Andy in 4 but if Andy can have a good start and keeps the first two sets really close and wins both, then Ferrer will probably give up in the 3rd; that is, if things go as planned but when do they ever.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 58 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »