Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  FO QF : Murray v Ferrer 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Who progresses to the semis?
Andy in 3 - 8 (17.8%)
Andy in 4 - 17 (37.8%)
Andy in 5 - 13 (28.9%)
David in 3 - 3 (6.7%)
David in 4 - 2 (4.4%)
David in 5 - 2 (4.4%)
Total Voters: 43

Pages: 1 ... 49 50 51 [52] 53 54 55 ... 58 Go Down Reply
Author

FO QF : Murray v Ferrer

(Read 11325 times)
lashurst
World No 1

Murray Mad

Re: FO QF : Murray v Ferrer « Reply #765 on: June 06, 2012, 07:45 PM »

Congratulations David Ferrer. No doubt who is the best player here. clap clap

Bye for now folks from around the Murray World.
wave

I want to forget  match this asap.
 search Very Sad
Is Queens the next, defending his title?
IP Logged
Apollo
World No 1

Re: FO QF : Murray v Ferrer « Reply #766 on: June 06, 2012, 07:48 PM »

Let's face it, if Andy won today, he would have to face Nadal, who I admit he has beaten, but it would have been a battle.  Then he would go on to having to play probably Federer or Djokovic, and with Nole it would have been another battle.  I think it is best he go get good treatment on his back and head for the grass.  The French is long and a lot of rallys, not many quick points.  I wouldn't blame him if he just decided to not play his game so he could get on with the grass season.
IP Logged
Masaka
ATP Level

Re: FO QF : Murray v Ferrer « Reply #767 on: June 06, 2012, 07:48 PM »

At least it will be Ferrer being slaughtered and humiliated against Nadal. Although I think Murray V Nadal would have beenmarginally more of a contest than Ferrer V Nadal. Disappointed but not surprised. I also agree that there have been some signs of Lendl's impact these last two weeks. It must take time to bed in the changes, particularly given the back issues.  He did his best - it wasn't good enough end of. Equally his best may never be good enough to win a GS. If that is the case so be it.  His no 4 ranking is not by chance. He has earned it. Hopefully on grass and hard he will recover some points. Give the lad a break.
IP Logged
lashurst
World No 1

Murray Mad

Re: FO QF : Murray v Ferrer « Reply #768 on: June 06, 2012, 07:50 PM »

Who in the News Team is up for the post mortem of this match?

No one can like that job today   blink

nah Something to look forward to no doubt.
IP Logged
jdonald
Satellite Level

Re: FO QF : Murray v Ferrer « Reply #769 on: June 06, 2012, 07:52 PM »

Very disappointing.  You must get your first serves in  in singles .  You are a top player 4th in the world, you could have won the match with consistency, patience and first serves in. how on earth are you going to win a Grand salem  . Very disappointing. i do not think this is Andy's Year. At the moment i do not see him at the 002 in london. very considerned what is Lendl doing he was playing far better last year.,
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: FO QF : Murray v Ferrer « Reply #770 on: June 06, 2012, 07:53 PM »

You can see the night and day difference between this match vs the match against Gasquet. Andy had 59 errors and the 1st Serve was 53% as opposed to the Gasquest match, where he had only 29 errors and 65% of 1st serve. Granted Ferrer is a tougher opponent on clay but that doesn’t explain why Andy had to serve so poor and get broken so many times. That’s something entirely in his hand. The level was simply not there as I suspected before. He just doesn’t enjoy playing Ferrer. I wouldn’t either but still it was a GS match and sometimes you’d just have to bite the bullets and dig deep. Ferrer almost always takes Nadal to task but Nadal toughs it out each time and unfortunately, that’s how things are with Ferrer. I really don’t like this match up.  
IP Logged
lashurst
World No 1

Murray Mad

Re: FO QF : Murray v Ferrer « Reply #771 on: June 06, 2012, 07:54 PM »

At least it will be Ferrer being slaughtered and humiliated against Nadal. Although I think Murray V Nadal would have beenmarginally more of a contest than Ferrer V Nadal. Disappointed but not surprised. I also agree that there have been some signs of Lendl's impact these last two weeks. It must take time to bed in the changes, particularly given the back issues.  He did his best - it wasn't good enough end of. Equally his best may never be good enough to win a GS. If that is the case so be it.  His no 4 ranking is not by chance. He has earned it. Hopefully on grass and hard he will recover some points.

Give the lad a break.
Most of us will. Our hearts bleed for him when he falls short and our disappointment is cannot be hidden.

We will still be there for him at the next match.  hug
IP Logged
lgriev10
Satellite Level

Re: FO QF : Murray v Ferrer « Reply #772 on: June 06, 2012, 07:55 PM »

Must agree with Petchey, that this was an opportunity lost by Andy.  Ferrer could have been taken but just not Andy's day,in fact a poor day by his standards.

Well we all have bad days.  On to the next tournament.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: FO QF : Murray v Ferrer « Reply #773 on: June 06, 2012, 08:00 PM »

Andy is also extremely temperamental. He can’t be like that. He can’t just afford to play out of his mind in one match and then simply not show up (service-wise) at all in the next match. He will have to bring himself up to the level of the top 3. I am not sure how he’ll make that transition, but this will have to get done if he wants to win a Slam in the future and time is not exactly his friend at the moment.
IP Logged
tamila
Challenger Level

Re: FO QF : Murray v Ferrer « Reply #774 on: June 06, 2012, 08:00 PM »

The difference this year has been before the clay court season.  He reached the final at Dubai, won Brisbane, reached the final at Miami.  Last year crashed out every where.  We must not forget the dreadful time he has had with his back and in spite of that he has soldiered on.  Well done,  Andy the warrior.  He has also had to put up with the constant questions re: today's match e.g ' you have never beaten him on clay have you?'  I have noticed that on CH4 they are fairer to hiom and support him.  This is what he needs.
IP Logged
backhandslice
Seed

You love my shenanigans. Admit it.

Re: FO QF : Murray v Ferrer « Reply #775 on: June 06, 2012, 08:02 PM »

Andrew talking to me regularly now between points. Says: "I'm trying my tits off, man." And what magnificently manly tits they are..

Omg  that was the BEST part of the match  for me  hahahaha 
IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: FO QF : Murray v Ferrer « Reply #776 on: June 06, 2012, 08:12 PM »

Not Andy's day but at least he got to the quarter finals. I bet Ferrer does not relish a match against Nadal we can almost give the result now. Well done David but can't see you winning. The final will be the interesting game. Will it be Nole or Mr Smug cannot wait for the final. It will be a hard match whoever gets through.
IP Logged
tamila
Challenger Level

Re: FO QF : Murray v Ferrer « Reply #777 on: June 06, 2012, 08:12 PM »

Let's not forget what I said before.  Last Thursday we thought he would leave at 1 set down.  I actually take my hat off to him for coming this far.  Jim Courier said this morning exactly that. I don't think his back has completely gone away and this showed in his face.  He would rub is back after losing a point because that is when it hurt.  It is certainly getting better so onwards to Queen's.
IP Logged
Masaka
ATP Level

Re: FO QF : Murray v Ferrer « Reply #778 on: June 06, 2012, 08:13 PM »

Andy is also extremely temperamental. He can’t be like that.

With the greatest of respect I think everybody needs to accept that he is like that and undoubtedly will continue to be.  Playing devil's advocate perhaps those characteristics are what has got him to world number 4, given he comes from a fairly unsuccessful tennis playing nation. Let's not forget, that The Queen has been on the throne, for 60 years. Was it her father or grandfather who was reigning the last time we had a male GS tennis player. I think the trick must be managing his temperment, not changing it. I doubt he can. For that matter why should he? It is part of who he is. He had a really tough draw, and did his best with it. N.J. and Fed dropped more sets against far easier opponents.  Yes, they got through, but I imagine Murray would also have done.  Let's credit him with what he has achieved.
IP Logged
jdonald
Satellite Level

Re: FO QF : Murray v Ferrer « Reply #779 on: June 06, 2012, 08:14 PM »

Andy just has to go another leep mentally mot physically. Nole had to do this the other other night No 1
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 51 [52] 53 54 55 ... 58 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »