Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  FO QF : Murray v Ferrer 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Who progresses to the semis?
Andy in 3 - 8 (17.8%)
Andy in 4 - 17 (37.8%)
Andy in 5 - 13 (28.9%)
David in 3 - 3 (6.7%)
David in 4 - 2 (4.4%)
David in 5 - 2 (4.4%)
Total Voters: 43

Pages: 1 ... 52 53 54 [55] 56 57 58 Go Down Reply
Author

FO QF : Murray v Ferrer

(Read 10517 times)
craighateslife
Challenger Level

Gotta eat Protein

Re: FO QF : Murray v Ferrer « Reply #810 on: June 06, 2012, 11:51 PM »

I really am fed up with all the Andy bashing....

Yes he lost today but it's not the worst Grand Slam performance and how many people where begging him to pull out of the bloody tournament anyhoo?.
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: FO QF : Murray v Ferrer « Reply #811 on: June 06, 2012, 11:52 PM »

Not really just pointing out the way sport works.

I was there in Indian Wells where he played the worst I have ever seen him play and the next tournie he goes on to the final.
Aww Craig, I remember how gutted you were, and how we sent love your way. hug... and I think you drove for hours and slept in your car?..only to watch a flat and seemingly disinterested Andy, I think?
Do you think THAT Andy was the same Andy today? Please say "No" to this question... Wink
IP Logged
craighateslife
Challenger Level

Gotta eat Protein

Re: FO QF : Murray v Ferrer « Reply #812 on: June 06, 2012, 11:58 PM »

Aww Craig, I remember how gutted you were, and how we sent love your way. hug... and I think you drove for hours and slept in your car?..only to watch a flat and seemingly disinterested Andy, I think?
Do you think THAT Andy was the same Andy today? Please say "No" to this question... Wink

No today Andy gave everything he had until his last service game.

Since the second round for me everything has been a bonus and in 4 weeks time I honestly expect Andy to have won his first ever Grand Slam Trophy.

IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: FO QF : Murray v Ferrer « Reply #813 on: June 07, 2012, 12:17 AM »

Do you think Andy can run around like a road-runner for 3 hours and smack massive serves/forehands/backhands if he isn't in top condition. I suspect you confuse a niggle for an injury.
I watched the whole match too BigNose, just like all his others.  That's just me.. Andy Fan with time on my hands... what can I tell you?
In no way shape or form am I an expert on playing the beautiful game of tennis. A long time ago I played a wee bit, and for a while was a trainer for a football (soccer) team.  I know how it is to be focussed and "file" an injury when it's uber important. I've personally worked through and hidden 2 knee surgeries during my career, and finally succumbed to back surgery in October 2011. My work colleagues had no idea and were shocked.
I'm not Andy Murray.. thankfully, not even close to the ridiculous glare of the spotlight he has to endure.
So.. are you thinking he's a liar and faking?
I'm not baiting you... I'm genuinely interested to know your thought process and personal views.
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: FO QF : Murray v Ferrer « Reply #814 on: June 07, 2012, 01:32 AM »

Sorry Bev.. mean't to say bye Smile

Bye Bev  . Sorry for the end result despite our support!

By Bev thanks for all you do for this group.

Thanks everyone grouphug

I'll be back for the next tournie - hopefully it will be Queens, since I've booked 3 days off, but if Andy's not there, then I'll watch a bit of it (time wise and no coverage here on tv) but I can help my daugher pack for moving to Mount Ruapehu for the skiing season Frown
IP Logged
blueberryhill
Veteran

Re: FO QF : Murray v Ferrer « Reply #815 on: June 07, 2012, 06:59 AM »

At least it will be Ferrer being slaughtered and humiliated against Nadal. Although I think Murray V Nadal would have beenmarginally more of a contest than Ferrer V Nadal. Disappointed but not surprised. I also agree that there have been some signs of Lendl's impact these last two weeks. It must take time to bed in the changes, particularly given the back issues.  He did his best - it wasn't good enough end of. Equally his best may never be good enough to win a GS. If that is the case so be it.  His no 4 ranking is not by chance. He has earned it. Hopefully on grass and hard he will recover some points. Give the lad a break.

Good posting!

IP Logged
BigNose
ATP Level

The Voice of Reason

Re: FO QF : Murray v Ferrer « Reply #816 on: June 07, 2012, 07:03 AM »

So.. are you thinking he's a liar and faking?

He's not a liar and he's not faking. He said during this tournament his "back is fine". I don't know why you don't believe him but IMO he looked and acted totally fit.
IP Logged
deb
Seed

I'd like to be impartial, but I can't!

Re: FO QF : Murray v Ferrer « Reply #817 on: June 07, 2012, 08:06 AM »

Am I the only person who thinks Andy fought hard today?
I didn't expect a win.. I expected a fight, and I think Andy fought well against a well respected and excellent clay-court grafter.
For sure, there were errors...but this was Andy on clay, with an injury...
My personal expectations were met.
As long as Andy continues in this fight, I'm in the ring with him!
I thought he fought hard, and given how good David is , and isn't it what everyone said Andy would get to the quarters, Andy did well.  I am with him all the way.
IP Logged
deb
Seed

I'd like to be impartial, but I can't!

Re: FO QF : Murray v Ferrer « Reply #818 on: June 07, 2012, 08:30 AM »

Also Andy has lost some ranking points, but so will Smug Fed hopefully when he dosn't get to  the final !!    None of us know how Andys back is , taking lots of pain killers, we will have to wait and see, his camp isn't going to say yes Andy is really bad and suffering  !!
IP Logged
BigNose
ATP Level

The Voice of Reason

Re: FO QF : Murray v Ferrer « Reply #819 on: June 07, 2012, 11:17 AM »

Why is there so much anti-Fed sentiment on this website. For my sins I'm an Ibrox season ticket holder (yes ok laugh all you want) but I can appreciate Barcelona playing beautiful football. So why can't people here appreciate the sublime skills Federer has. Federer would simply have outplayed Ferrer yesterday. He'd have beaten him with pure skill.
IP Logged
Elena
Seed

Re: FO QF : Murray v Ferrer « Reply #820 on: June 07, 2012, 11:30 AM »

I thought he fought hard, and given how good David is , and isn't it what everyone said Andy would get to the quarters, Andy did well.  I am with him all the way.
He said he was trying his tits off - what more can we ask!
I'm glad it was David he lost to in the quarters rather than any of the others, and pleased for David getting through to a semi-final.
IP Logged
flowerpower
Challenger Level

Relax All is good!

Re: FO QF : Murray v Ferrer « Reply #821 on: June 07, 2012, 11:52 AM »

Let's look at the bright side...
- We have seen in the Gasquet match  improvement(forehand!) en also in de QF the brilliant points, witch was also noticed by the belgian comment yesterday, she said Andy is a wonderful player (and I agree!).
- Without back injury next time he can play better.
- And last but not least... Hopefully we have seen the orange/grey outfit with black shoes for the last time... Smile
IP Logged
Elena
Seed

Re: FO QF : Murray v Ferrer « Reply #822 on: June 07, 2012, 12:06 PM »

Why is there so much anti-Fed sentiment on this website. For my sins I'm an Ibrox season ticket holder (yes ok laugh all you want) but I can appreciate Barcelona playing beautiful football. So why can't people here appreciate the sublime skills Federer has. Federer would simply have outplayed Ferrer yesterday. He'd have beaten him with pure skill.

Once again......it's not the tennis, it's stuff like this (from Ben Rothenberg, New York Times)

ESPN montage of players talking Wimbledon, its history. Federer then talks about all the history "he's" had at Wimbledon. Hmm.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: FO QF : Murray v Ferrer « Reply #823 on: June 07, 2012, 12:22 PM »

Can someone tell me how many ranking points Andy loses?  I keep forgetting from one GS to the next I'm afraid. 
IP Logged
reef
Junior

coral reef

Re: FO QF : Murray v Ferrer « Reply #824 on: June 07, 2012, 12:51 PM »

Am I the only person who thinks Andy is quite capable of working things out for himself without the help of Lendl - a man currently more familiar with the golf course than the 21st century sport of tennis?

Granted, the man experienced similar psychological effects of major losses before coming through but his style of tennis was different to Andy's natural game (I'm open to correction btw) and I'm not sure what he can add in terms of technicalities and game plans.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 54 [55] 56 57 58 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »