Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  FO R2: Murray vs Nieminen 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 ... 37 Go Down Reply
Author

FO R2: Murray vs Nieminen

(Read 8726 times)
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: FO R2: Murray vs Nieminen « Reply #450 on: May 31, 2012, 08:56 PM »

Andy said in his on court interview that his team were telling him to retire, whether that included Lendl we dont know.

Someone reported at MTF that Lendl did tell Andy to retire after the1st set. I don't believe it.
IP Logged
Apollo
Veteran

Re: FO R2: Murray vs Nieminen « Reply #451 on: May 31, 2012, 08:57 PM »

This is from the man that lost his only offing in a grand slam final as he was upset by the death of Diana and had a cold Rolling Eyes  And shame on Virginia naughty
Rusedski the half Brit's only talent is shooting off his mouth.  Sorry to the Canadiens, but you all can have him back.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: FO R2: Murray vs Nieminen « Reply #452 on: May 31, 2012, 08:58 PM »

There's no thread for it yet, so I'll post it here.

Giraldo says hard courts are his favourite surface but he clearly has better results on clay.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: FO R2: Murray vs Nieminen « Reply #453 on: May 31, 2012, 09:00 PM »

Rusedski the half Brit's only talent is shooting off his mouth.  Sorry to the Canadiens, but you all can have him back.

It's funny because when you Google Greg, it shows him as Canadian. lol. And no, we don’t want him back. He’s a stupid fool.
IP Logged
Masaka
ATP Level

Re: FO R2: Murray vs Nieminen « Reply #454 on: May 31, 2012, 09:09 PM »

Love the Guardian quote about Murray "racing round the court like a spring lamb with a machine gun", once the worst of the spasm had passed. It is an image I will treasure.
IP Logged
Murray Magic
ATP Level

Andy "Braveheart" Murray

Re: FO R2: Murray vs Nieminen « Reply #455 on: May 31, 2012, 09:34 PM »

Andy has just tweeted thanking everyone for supporting him through what was a really difficult day #always believe.
IP Logged
Apollo
Veteran

Re: FO R2: Murray vs Nieminen « Reply #456 on: May 31, 2012, 09:37 PM »

Article about today match from L'euipe Jorno and Andy fan Carole Bouchard http://www.lequipe.fr/Tennis/Actualites/Murray-au-courage/287912
Wish I knew French....thanks for sharing...
IP Logged
ljs
Futures Level

Re: FO R2: Murray vs Nieminen « Reply #457 on: May 31, 2012, 09:44 PM »

It's funny because when you Google Greg, it shows him as Canadian. lol. And no, we don’t want him back. He’s a stupid fool.

ditto to that !!!  makes me ashamed
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: FO R2: Murray vs Nieminen « Reply #458 on: May 31, 2012, 09:48 PM »

Just who is this Greg person you are talking about, eh?... Think
Is he a Britnadian?.. cos that's just taking the p*ss if you ask me. lol
IP Logged
Murray Magic
ATP Level

Andy "Braveheart" Murray

Re: FO R2: Murray vs Nieminen « Reply #459 on: May 31, 2012, 09:54 PM »

roflmao

IP Logged
BigNose
ATP Level

The Voice of Reason

Re: FO R2: Murray vs Nieminen « Reply #460 on: May 31, 2012, 09:58 PM »

OK so it seems that today's movment problems were not connected with Andy's long term back problem. Its a back spasm, a transient problem that comes and goes with him. That totally explains why he kept playing through it. He knew it would clear up eventually.

As regards the longer term problem its obvious to me he has been told it won't get worse if he keeps playing. He's got a medical team and he'll have had some top quality analysis done. It's all very well arm-chair experts trying to advise what Andy should do, but frankly they don;t have a clue what they are talking about IMO. Andy himself has said he will rest it at the end of the season and I don't believe he would risk his career by trying to play through a serious injury.

To the match itself, and Ive just watched it, some of Andy's play in the 4th set especially was fantastic. Probably the best he's played on clay this year. And to put it into perspective. Niemenen hardly one a game from the middle of the 2nd set onwards. And this guy is a top 50 player. So I fully expect to see Andy playing, and winning, on saturday.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: FO R2: Murray vs Nieminen « Reply #461 on: May 31, 2012, 10:00 PM »

Andy has just tweeted thanking everyone for supporting him through what was a really difficult day #always believe.
Bless him. wub hug
IP Logged
Masaka
ATP Level

Re: FO R2: Murray vs Nieminen « Reply #462 on: May 31, 2012, 10:14 PM »

Google Translate version of the French Article cited by Apollo.  The translation reads a bit funny but the enthusiasm shines through.

Courage or unconsciousness? Andy Murray, declined throughout the match by spasms in the back, refused to give up against Jarkko Nieminen. Suffering from back in December with a big relapse after Monte Carlo, the world No. 4 took a risk when Wimbledon and the Olympics approaching. But'' Come on Andy!'' Which are mounted more and more heavily on the forums Chatrier and general ovation late in the game have chosen: it was a sacred moment of bravery on the part of the Scots.

Obviously, he never should have won. Walking like an old man early in the game, unable to serve (first to 114km / h!) Or do anything to normal on the court, the semi-finalist in 2011 was close to surrender. "The pain was there when I got up this morning and it did not help in training. During the match, I had back spasms and my clan told me to leave at the end of the first set, "Murray has entrusted to the exit of the court. Yet he is stubborn. Why? The answer is terrible for Nieminen: "Frankly, I decided to continue to the end of the second set because I saw Nieminen became nervous. I do not even know how I ended up winning that game. "
 And suddenly the magic is back ... More than a miracle: two events rescuing Private Murray. The intervention of physiotherapy and panic of the Finn. Incredibly, the southpaw was unable to manage the injury side. Not knowing whether to play or play without thinking in office, he lost his rhythm and his nerves as and when the trend reversed. He accumulated errors, allowing time for Murray to see the effects of treatments act. If the British continued to grin, unable to sit down with changes in hand, he could again move correctly on the court and serve.

Murray is really Mister Mystery, as it took for the wound until it becomes magical. He has done so often wait speak the hallucinatory quality of his hand and his sense of the offensive. Amortized, lob, backhand cross-mode missiles, uncrossed unstoppable forehand and what about that slice backhand winner at the end of race that left the audience stunned and Nieminen? Murray is not the most talented player that has not yet been earned Major for nothing. Hopefully it is now able to play its next game and he did not put in danger after his season.

IP Logged
BigNose
ATP Level

The Voice of Reason

Re: FO R2: Murray vs Nieminen « Reply #463 on: May 31, 2012, 10:21 PM »

I guess everyone's already read what Andy was saying after the match. He said he felt "perfect" yesterday and he won't make things worse by playing.

http://www.sportinglife.com/tennis/news/story_get.cgi?STORY_NAME=tennis/12/05/31/TENNIS_French_Murray.html&BID=553
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: FO R2: Murray vs Nieminen « Reply #464 on: May 31, 2012, 10:43 PM »

Google Translate version of the French Article cited by Apollo.  The translation reads a bit funny but the enthusiasm shines through.

Courage or unconsciousness? Andy Murray, declined throughout the match by spasms in the back, refused to give up against Jarkko Nieminen. Suffering from back in December with a big relapse after Monte Carlo, the world No. 4 took a risk when Wimbledon and the Olympics approaching. But'' Come on Andy!'' Which are mounted more and more heavily on the forums Chatrier and general ovation late in the game have chosen: it was a sacred moment of bravery on the part of the Scots.

Obviously, he never should have won. Walking like an old man early in the game, unable to serve (first to 114km / h!) Or do anything to normal on the court, the semi-finalist in 2011 was close to surrender. "The pain was there when I got up this morning and it did not help in training. During the match, I had back spasms and my clan told me to leave at the end of the first set, "Murray has entrusted to the exit of the court. Yet he is stubborn. Why? The answer is terrible for Nieminen: "Frankly, I decided to continue to the end of the second set because I saw Nieminen became nervous. I do not even know how I ended up winning that game. "
 And suddenly the magic is back ... More than a miracle: two events rescuing Private Murray. The intervention of physiotherapy and panic of the Finn. Incredibly, the southpaw was unable to manage the injury side. Not knowing whether to play or play without thinking in office, he lost his rhythm and his nerves as and when the trend reversed. He accumulated errors, allowing time for Murray to see the effects of treatments act. If the British continued to grin, unable to sit down with changes in hand, he could again move correctly on the court and serve.

Murray is really Mister Mystery, as it took for the wound until it becomes magical. He has done so often wait speak the hallucinatory quality of his hand and his sense of the offensive. Amortized, lob, backhand cross-mode missiles, uncrossed unstoppable forehand and what about that slice backhand winner at the end of race that left the audience stunned and Nieminen? Murray is not the most talented player that has not yet been earned Major for nothing. Hopefully it is now able to play its next game and he did not put in danger after his season.

OMG Masaka.. I don't normally repost an entire quote... but this was definitely worth it!
Best media article I've read on Andy for ages! I've highlighted my fave bits.
I vote this reporter should be The Official Reporter from now on.
Love it! roflmao
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 ... 37 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »