Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  FO R2: Murray vs Nieminen 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 37 Go Down Reply
Author Topic: FO R2: Murray vs Nieminen  (Read 7632 times)
Murray Magic
ATP Level

Andy "Braveheart" Murray

Re: FO R2: Murray vs Nieminen « Reply #15 on: May 30, 2012, 07:05 PM »

What time will that be - as we all know Andy is not a morning person!   Well it appears there are some benefits to beigng signed off sick for two weeks!!!   Will get to see Andy's match, hopefully for the next few days, please stay in the slam Andy!
IP Logged
janscribe
Veteran

Let's Go!!!

Re: FO R2: Murray vs Nieminen « Reply #16 on: May 30, 2012, 07:06 PM »

Courier was v. interesting about Andy today. He said just b4 AO semi Lendl was on the practise court with Andy encouraging him to hit ferocious forehands. Perhaps this, and second serve, are the main focus. Hope so.
Courier also said Andy had "plenty he can improve." This was just music to my ears. tender
Yes indeed he seemed to think that wehave not quite seen the best of Andy, that he had no reached his peak and that Lendl was helping him to get there - noted from the practice sessions he had watched. Courier is so interesting to listen to because he comes out with things I have never heard of and he seems to think Lendl will help Andy achieve his aims.
IP Logged
Allan
Grand Slam Champion

It's 2013!

Re: FO R2: Murray vs Nieminen « Reply #17 on: May 30, 2012, 07:07 PM »

What time will that be - as we all know Andy is not a morning person!
10am UK time - 11am French time.
IP Logged
janscribe
Veteran

Let's Go!!!

Re: FO R2: Murray vs Nieminen « Reply #18 on: May 30, 2012, 07:07 PM »

What time will that be - as we all know Andy is not a morning person!   Well it appears there are some benefits to beigng signed off sick for two weeks!!!   Will get to see Andy's match, hopefully for the next few days, please stay in the slam Andy!
Sorry you're sick but relax and watch the tennis - you'll be well soon.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: FO R2: Murray vs Nieminen « Reply #19 on: May 30, 2012, 07:08 PM »

11am Paris time MM so not too bad.  It does mean probably small crowd so no atmosphere but as they're saying there might be showers tomorrow perhaps no bad thing to get the match out of the way.
I like the way they move the top 4 around the main courts so they're not giving one of them an advantage over the others, at least so far - French egalite in action.
IP Logged
Murray Magic
ATP Level

Andy "Braveheart" Murray

Re: FO R2: Murray vs Nieminen « Reply #20 on: May 30, 2012, 07:11 PM »

Seems much fairer than the US open where the scheduling is a joke.  Will have to have to ensure that I am in front of the TV before 10.00am. OMG I will have to miss Jeremy Kyle, my main staple TV diet since being signed off!!!
IP Logged
jdonald
Satellite Level

Re: FO R2: Murray vs Nieminen « Reply #21 on: May 30, 2012, 07:49 PM »

Good News playing first. i am sure he will do well. i agree I think we have not seen the best of murray, looking forward to tomorrow. Andy we are all supporting you.

I live in Cyprus so we are two hours on from the UK and One hour from france. I will be in the office but watching from the Live Scores.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: FO R2: Murray vs Nieminen « Reply #22 on: May 30, 2012, 08:28 PM »

That video Andy bowing to the Queen is priceless.
That bow was pure farce. lol  In actual fact all they needed to do was simply bow their heads.

11am Paris time MM so not too bad.  It does mean probably small crowd so no atmosphere but as they're saying there might be showers tomorrow perhaps no bad thing to get the match out of the way.
I like the way they move the top 4 around the main courts so they're not giving one of them an advantage over the others, at least so far - French egalite in action.
I'm not too happy.  Andy isn't a morning person (and neither am I!).  And it isn't like he just gets out of bed, has his breckie and then walks onto the court, but has to do all sorts of preparation first including some practice.  Also he's happier when there's a crowd, even if they are urging on his opponent.  Still it should be an interesting match given that this is their first meeting on clay.

Agree about the scheduling.  A few tournaments could learn from RG.

IP Logged
iamabritt
World No 1

Re: FO R2: Murray vs Nieminen « Reply #23 on: May 30, 2012, 08:28 PM »

Good News playing first. i am sure he will do well. i agree I think we have not seen the best of murray, looking forward to tomorrow. Andy we are all supporting you.

I live in Cyprus so we are two hours on from the UK and One hour from france. I will be in the office but watching from the Live Scores.
J/D what part of Cyprus? ,my brother lives in Larnica.
IP Logged
craighateslife
Challenger Level

Gotta eat Protein

Re: FO R2: Murray vs Nieminen « Reply #24 on: May 30, 2012, 08:38 PM »

Early hours of the morning for me doh but I shall stay up and hope work goes easy on me later on.
IP Logged
BigNose
Challenger Level

The Voice of Reason

Re: FO R2: Murray vs Nieminen « Reply #25 on: May 30, 2012, 08:57 PM »

Great photo. If I remember rightly Andy looked a bit awkward. It would have been quite funny if he head-butted the queen while bowing.
IP Logged
BigNose
Challenger Level

The Voice of Reason

Re: FO R2: Murray vs Nieminen « Reply #26 on: May 30, 2012, 09:00 PM »

OK I just watched it on youtube. For some reason I thought the players went up to the royal box and did their bow. Doh!
IP Logged
craighateslife
Challenger Level

Gotta eat Protein

Re: FO R2: Murray vs Nieminen « Reply #27 on: May 30, 2012, 09:45 PM »

I am really fed up with journalists and so called experts spouting absolute pish that wee David is the favorite to emerge from Andy's quarter.

Andy has made 5 slam semi's in a row and last year his conditioning from his injury from the Berrer match was far more of an issue than his recent back trouble.

IP Logged
BigNose
Challenger Level

The Voice of Reason

Re: FO R2: Murray vs Nieminen « Reply #28 on: May 30, 2012, 09:51 PM »

Id definetly choose Andy to play Ferrer above the likes of Berdych or Del Potro. Ferrer is Nadal-lite and I'd fancy Andy to win. But don't jump the gun because Ferrer has a poor recent record at RG and there's a good chance he won't even make the quarter-finals.
IP Logged
Hazybear
Grand Slam Champion

Re: FO R2: Murray vs Nieminen « Reply #29 on: May 30, 2012, 09:56 PM »

Ferrer has been playing outstandingly against everyone but Rafa on clay this year. I think the critics may be right. Courier keeps touting Isner to be the potential upsetter of the top 4 but I think Ferrer is going to do well and at make the QF at least Wink
IP Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 37 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »