Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  FO R2: Murray vs Nieminen 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 ... 37 Go Down Reply
Author

FO R2: Murray vs Nieminen

(Read 8705 times)
craighateslife
Challenger Level

Gotta eat Protein

Re: FO R2: Murray vs Nieminen « Reply #465 on: May 31, 2012, 11:19 PM »

OMG Masaka.. I don't normally repost an entire quote... but this was definitely worth it!
Best media article I've read on Andy for ages! I've highlighted my fave bits.
I vote this reporter should be The Official Reporter from now on.
Love it! roflmao

The Journo's Name is Carole BOUCHARD and she writes for L'equipe.

Here's the address of her twitter

http://twitter.com/#!/carole_bouchard

IP Logged
craighateslife
Challenger Level

Gotta eat Protein

Re: FO R2: Murray vs Nieminen « Reply #466 on: May 31, 2012, 11:33 PM »

Andy has came out and said he is disappointed with the comments of Virgina Wade adding how they should be supportive instead of always criticizing  clap

Anyway tonight I am going to go out with friends and no girls, drink or drugs will put as big a smile on my face as Andy's courage did today.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: FO R2: Murray vs Nieminen « Reply #467 on: June 01, 2012, 12:17 AM »

OMG Masaka.. I don't normally repost an entire quote... but this was definitely worth it!
Best media article I've read on Andy for ages! I've highlighted my fave bits.
I vote this reporter should be The Official Reporter from now on.
Love it! roflmao
I was going to apply my schoolgirl French to translate it, but Google's quaint translation is way better!!  I'd add to what you've highlighted - "two events rescuing Private Murray"... Very Happy

The Journo's Name is Carole BOUCHARD and she writes for L'equipe.

Here's the address of her twitter

http://twitter.com/#!/carole_bouchard
Definitely worth following.  Thanks Craig. Smile
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: FO R2: Murray vs Nieminen « Reply #468 on: June 01, 2012, 12:40 AM »

I guess everyone's already read what Andy was saying after the match. He said he felt "perfect" yesterday and he won't make things worse by playing.

http://www.sportinglife.com/tennis/news/story_get.cgi?STORY_NAME=tennis/12/05/31/TENNIS_French_Murray.html&BID=553
That's a relief to know - "I'm not doing myself any actual damage by playing with what I have. I have had all the best advice from some of the top surgeons and physios. I'm confident that I'm doing the right thing."  Also I've listened to a brief video by Andy's physio (on am.com if anyone's interested) talking about his role in the team, and he inspired a lot of confidence.  Andy is very lucky to have him.

Andy has came out and said he is disappointed with the comments of Virgina Wade adding how they should be supportive instead of always criticizing  clap
How right he is.  I'd like to throttle the ****.  I'm old enough to remember her playing days, and she was just as bad-mouthed then.
IP Logged
IonaRed
Challenger Level

Re: FO R2: Murray vs Nieminen « Reply #469 on: June 01, 2012, 12:56 AM »

Andy Murray denies being a 'drama queen' after French Open recovery

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2012/may/31/andy-murray-french-open-recovery?INTCMP=ILCNETTXT3487

It takes a lot to get Andy Murray angry. But he was red-lining just this side of apoplexy when told that Virginia Wade, whom he has known since he was young, had called him "a drama queen" during his heroic comeback against Jarkko Nieminen in the second round of the French Open.

Wade, the former Wimbledon champion, observed on Eurosport: "I have tremendous sympathy that his back is bad but I have more sympathy for the other guy as, honestly, you cannot play against someone who is being a drama queen."

---------------------------
I'm not surprised Andy is angry.  Why do eurosport still employ the dinosaur that is Wade? Her comments are an absolute disgrace.  Does anyone really think she's rooting for Andy to win a slam?  It's Federer all the way for her.

I'm sure Nieminen was distracted but that is his problem.  In fairness he hasn't said anything negative about Andy - then again why would he?

IP Logged
ljs
Futures Level

Re: FO R2: Murray vs Nieminen « Reply #470 on: June 01, 2012, 01:18 AM »

poor Andy , having to put up with this crap !!!

I hope he knows just how many people admire him , and think he is a fantastic tennis player !!
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: FO R2: Murray vs Nieminen « Reply #471 on: June 01, 2012, 01:23 AM »

Andy has came out and said he is disappointed with the comments of Virgina Wade adding how they should be supportive instead of always criticizing  clap

Good for him!  Why should he have to keep defending himself against the British Media/Comms/Public? cmon yeah
IP Logged
iamabritt
World No 1

Re: FO R2: Murray vs Nieminen « Reply #472 on: June 01, 2012, 01:31 AM »

Good for him!  Why should he have to keep defending himself against the British Media/Comms/Public? cmon yeah
I went on line and found Miss Wades email address,sent her a little note.
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: FO R2: Murray vs Nieminen « Reply #473 on: June 01, 2012, 01:34 AM »

Love it!  When I have a bit more time, I might complain too yes
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: FO R2: Murray vs Nieminen « Reply #474 on: June 01, 2012, 02:00 AM »

Andy Murray denies being a 'drama queen' after French Open recovery

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2012/may/31/andy-murray-french-open-recovery?INTCMP=ILCNETTXT3487

It takes a lot to get Andy Murray angry. But he was red-lining just this side of apoplexy when told that Virginia Wade, whom he has known since he was young, had called him "a drama queen" during his heroic comeback against Jarkko Nieminen in the second round of the French Open.

Wade, the former Wimbledon champion, observed on Eurosport: "I have tremendous sympathy that his back is bad but I have more sympathy for the other guy as, honestly, you cannot play against someone who is being a drama queen."

---------------------------
I'm not surprised Andy is angry.  Why do eurosport still employ the dinosaur that is Wade? Her comments are an absolute disgrace.  Does anyone really think she's rooting for Andy to win a slam?  It's Federer all the way for her.

I'm sure Nieminen was distracted but that is his problem.  In fairness he hasn't said anything negative about Andy - then again why would he?

I heard her say that and could hardly believe my ears!  No wonder Andy is furious, although his public comments are commendably restrained.  As Andy says, how could she possibly know what he felt like before and during the match?  And what right do Messrs Courier and Becker have telling him what to do when, like everyone else, they haven't a clue what the problem is - and if they did that doesn't entitle them or anyone else to make pronouncements about it.

Also Andy did say in one interview I read that he could sympathise with Nieminen, saying that playing an opponent who's carrying an injury is always difficult because you've no idea just how bad it is or how they might be feeling.  That sounds a fair comment to me.

IP Logged
ljs
Futures Level

Re: FO R2: Murray vs Nieminen « Reply #475 on: June 01, 2012, 02:10 AM »

Ive just emailed her , and since Im in a pissy mood 2nite , she got an earfull

Doubt I will hear back , but it still felt rather good !!!
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: FO R2: Murray vs Nieminen « Reply #476 on: June 01, 2012, 02:11 AM »

I went on line and found Miss Wades email address,sent her a little note.

yay  yay  Maybe we should all send her one!
[ Last edit by Aileen June 01, 2012, 02:23 AM ] IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: FO R2: Murray vs Nieminen « Reply #477 on: June 01, 2012, 02:33 AM »

Anyway tonight I am going to go out with friends and no girls, drink or drugs will put as big a smile on my face as Andy's courage did today.

I am so shocked Andy even reads these stuff. No wonder why he struggles so much in general. He just can't help it. In that sense, he's a true Brit.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: FO R2: Murray vs Nieminen « Reply #478 on: June 01, 2012, 02:36 AM »

And why are you in such a pissy mood tonight? Trouble in paradise? :p
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: FO R2: Murray vs Nieminen « Reply #479 on: June 01, 2012, 02:37 AM »

I am so shocked Andy even reads these stuff. No wonder why he struggles so much in general. He just can't help it. In that sense, he's a true Brit.
He says he doesn't read the reports in the media, but his attention would definitely have been drawn to it.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 ... 37 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »