Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  FO R2: Murray vs Nieminen 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 Go Down Reply
Author

FO R2: Murray vs Nieminen

(Read 10685 times)
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: FO R2: Murray vs Nieminen « Reply #480 on: June 01, 2012, 02:43 AM »

He says he doesn't read the reports in the media, but his attention would definitely have been drawn to it.

Andy can be so stupid at times. This is such a bad time to react to anything anyone says. The best strategy is to keep it quiet no matter what the situation is. Have a poker face and don't let your opponents/naysayers know how you truly feel. Oh well…I guess he'll never learn in that regard.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: FO R2: Murray vs Nieminen « Reply #481 on: June 01, 2012, 02:51 AM »

Andy can be so stupid at times. This is such a bad time to react to anything anyone says. The best strategy is to keep it quiet no matter what the situation is. Have a poker face and don't let your opponents/naysayers know how you truly feel. Oh well…I guess he'll never learn in that regard.
Andy only speaks out when thoroughly provoked, and, as far as I know, this is only the second time he's done something like this in the last two years.
IP Logged
IonaRed
Challenger Level

Re: FO R2: Murray vs Nieminen « Reply #482 on: June 01, 2012, 03:08 AM »

He says he doesn't read the reports in the media, but his attention would definitely have been drawn to it.

I think he was told about her comments when he attended his PC.

I'm just waiting on him getting asked about England and the Euros.
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

Give me your JMac, Henman, Cash & 2 balls.

Re: FO R2: Murray vs Nieminen « Reply #483 on: June 01, 2012, 03:56 AM »

I had respect for Ms. Wade until these undue and, in my view, thoroughly unprofessional comments.
Perhaps the lady is nervous about a fellow Brit stealing her thunder due to the possibility of a Golden Jubilee Wimby Cup, as opposed to her silver.. which I'm sure is looking a bit faded and tarnished by now. I can see her now, bent over with her bottle of Brasso in front of the old coal fire.
I suggest a showdown between her and Andy... book Wimby Centre Court, racquets at the ready and Lizzy to be present to adorn the new annointed King.
Long live the King! yes
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: FO R2: Murray vs Nieminen « Reply #484 on: June 01, 2012, 04:02 AM »

She's probably pissy as she won 3 grand slams is still isn't a Dame nor has some hallowed turf at Wimbledon named after her Whistle
IP Logged
Katie
ATP Level

Andy Murray - US Open and Wimbledon champion! :)

Re: FO R2: Murray vs Nieminen « Reply #485 on: June 01, 2012, 08:35 AM »

Good on Andy for speaking out about Virginia Wade's comments. Perhaps she'll think twice in the future before making these types of comments. If she'd made that remark about Rafa, Fed or Novak, I doubt they'd take too kindly to it either.

I'm not sure what 'drama queen' antics she's referring to anyway. Anyone could see that Andy was in genuine pain, it was etched across his face. He couldn't serve, couldn't sit down and could barely even run. He deserved huge credit for sticking with the match when it would have been so easy to throw in the towel.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: FO R2: Murray vs Nieminen « Reply #486 on: June 01, 2012, 08:48 AM »

I'm pretty sure Andy would have been asked about VW's comments - perhaps at his press conference.  I thought his response was utterly understandable and pretty restrained in the circumstances.  I guess what must hurt him is the fact she's known him since he was young - it makes it seem even more vindictive somehow.  She's just an attention seeker and unfortunately she has received the attention she was seeking.
Good on those of you who have emailed VW.  Would you like to post her email address and then perhaps some of the rest of us could back you up?  I know this might seem to contradict about what I said about her seeking attention but given she's achieved it she should be made aware that Andy has some very loyal fans who do not take kindly to her vindictive unfounded remarks.
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: FO R2: Murray vs Nieminen « Reply #487 on: June 01, 2012, 08:52 AM »

Great idea Ruthie!
IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: FO R2: Murray vs Nieminen « Reply #488 on: June 01, 2012, 10:42 AM »

Please send us her email address I for one would like to tell her she is an old creep.
IP Logged
theycanbillme
ATP Level

Re: FO R2: Murray vs Nieminen « Reply #489 on: June 01, 2012, 10:52 AM »

Look Andy Murray can be a drama queen for sure, his on court antics & body language can be over the top but he has had a much better handle on it the last 6 months. He'll be better than most eventually because, of court, Andy is a really nice guy.
Wade's timing was very unfortunate and she was out of line with her comments.
If she's going to be that cynical when someone is in a lot of pain with the trainer out and everything then really she can **** off.
IP Logged
ak400
Futures Level

16 Grand Slams = peRFection

Re: FO R2: Murray vs Nieminen « Reply #490 on: June 01, 2012, 11:06 AM »

I agree with Emma, Pete used to say the key to winning a major was staying in your bubble shut out the voices you dont need to hear, that is exactly what Murray needs to do.
IP Logged
Alis
ATP Level

Re: FO R2: Murray vs Nieminen « Reply #491 on: June 01, 2012, 11:25 AM »

Look Andy Murray can be a drama queen for sure, his on court antics & body language can be over the top but he has had a much better handle on it the last 6 months. He'll be better than most eventually because, of court, Andy is a really nice guy.
Wade's timing was very unfortunate and she was out of line with her comments.
If she's going to be that cynical when someone is in a lot of pain with the trainer out and everything then really she can f**k off.

I haven't forgotten that the same lady said last year at RG that Andy's ankle injury was 'psychosomatic' - I'm afraid these remarks just make her look stupid and spiteful.  I'm glad that Andy responded.  If Djokovic, Federer or Nadal had done what Andy did yesterday their public and media would be falling over themselves to praise them to the heights.  It's so refreshing to see the French crowd so supportive and enthusiastic about their players - I'm convinced there's something wrong with the British psyche!
IP Logged
theycanbillme
ATP Level

Re: FO R2: Murray vs Nieminen « Reply #492 on: June 01, 2012, 11:46 AM »

I haven't forgotten that the same lady said last year at RG that Andy's ankle injury was 'psychosomatic' - I'm afraid these remarks just make her look stupid and spiteful.  I'm glad that Andy responded.  If Djokovic, Federer or Nadal had done what Andy did yesterday their public and media would be falling over themselves to praise them to the heights.  It's so refreshing to see the French crowd so supportive and enthusiastic about their players - I'm convinced there's something wrong with the British psyche!

Now that makes her even more of a cow as I saw that injury and my word it was nasty turn over the tennis post.
He was stoic to continue last year through it. There might be a bit of a cry wolf thing going on here, but if Virginia is incapable of differentiating between Andy overacting and a straight forward injury there is nothing we can do for her.
The french also love Andy, he is one of the most skillfull players ever and they really admire a bit of artistry.
[ Last edit by theycanbillme June 01, 2012, 11:52 AM ] IP Logged
backhandslice
Seed

You love my shenanigans. Admit it.

Re: FO R2: Murray vs Nieminen « Reply #493 on: June 01, 2012, 11:56 AM »

whats VW email  address? I gonna give her a piece of my mind.  She is  ...well you know  a wee shite  that is all
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: FO R2: Murray vs Nieminen « Reply #494 on: June 01, 2012, 12:10 PM »

I'm hoping that those who have already emailed VW will let us have it.
Was rather disappointed in Inverdale this morning who while not joining the pain deniers talked about Andy being an attention seeker, which I'd say he most certainly is not as he clearly does not enjoy the limelight in the way that say smugfed and nole do.  Thought Paul Newman of the Indie was very good and very fair on ITV this morning.
Loved the French article.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »