Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  FO R2: Murray vs Nieminen 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 Go Down Reply
Author

FO R2: Murray vs Nieminen

(Read 8737 times)
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: FO R2: Murray vs Nieminen « Reply #510 on: June 01, 2012, 04:47 PM »

Excellent piece by Steven Briggs and Paul Newman was good in the Indie today too. Thanks for the link to send an email to VW.  Not sure if it will get beyond her agent but I guess it's worth a try.

And I have. This is what I sent:
Dear Virginia Wade
I am writing in response to your reported remarks about Andy Murray yesterday [I have to admit I did not see you myself as I have given up on Eurosport and am enjoying the less biased commentary on ITV4).   I was dismayed that you should have made such a comment about a young man who clearly was in intense pain.  Instead of vilifying him as a 'drama queen' I would have hoped you might applaud his sheer guts in playing through the pain to win.  From what I have read it was clearly very hurtful to Andy to hear your remarks not least as he said he has known you since he was young.  It seems to me that if anyone was seeking attention it was you; unfortunately you have received it.   I hope that you will consider a public apology.
[ Last edit by Ruthie June 01, 2012, 05:00 PM ] IP Logged
michelle
Seed

Re: FO R2: Murray vs Nieminen « Reply #511 on: June 01, 2012, 05:20 PM »

Excellent piece by Steven Briggs and Paul Newman was good in the Indie today too. Thanks for the link to send an email to VW.  Not sure if it will get beyond her agent but I guess it's worth a try.

And I have. This is what I sent:
Dear Virginia Wade
I am writing in response to your reported remarks about Andy Murray yesterday [I have to admit I did not see you myself as I have given up on Eurosport and am enjoying the less biased commentary on ITV4).   I was dismayed that you should have made such a comment about a young man who clearly was in intense pain.  Instead of vilifying him as a 'drama queen' I would have hoped you might applaud his sheer guts in playing through the pain to win.  From what I have read it was clearly very hurtful to Andy to hear your remarks not least as he said he has known you since he was young.  It seems to me that if anyone was seeking attention it was you; unfortunately you have received it.   I hope that you will consider a public apology.

Excellent Ruthie, hope she reads it.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: FO R2: Murray vs Nieminen « Reply #512 on: June 01, 2012, 05:21 PM »

Andy only speaks out when thoroughly provoked, and, as far as I know, this is only the second time he's done something like this in the last two years.

But that's the idea though, isn't it? When you know you are provoked you don't want to take the bait. If he was asked in the PC, then he could have easily said that 'she's entitled to her opinion' and moved on. This is now bigger news than it should have been. Andy still doesn't have the mindset he desperately needs. Clearly he reads everything when he should be totally isolating himself from everything. Why should Andy take VW's words so seriously and get upset in the process? How's that helpful when he should be completely single minded and focus on what's more important?

To be honest, I don't get people. It's like they have nothing better going on in their life and they seem too hung up on insignificant things as if there's no tomorrow and by that I mean everyone in general not just Virginia Wade.

And Andy should be a bit more professional than that and not bother with the things that don’t matter one way or the other. He also needed to take the match professionally and moved on quickly right after the match as if it was just another day and just another match despite the injury. You want to lay it low. Players get injured before, during and after all the time and they all have to play through all those moments and Andy’s not an isolated incident. Much worse have happened before.  
IP Logged
Murray Magic
ATP Level

Andy "Braveheart" Murray

Re: FO R2: Murray vs Nieminen « Reply #513 on: June 01, 2012, 05:21 PM »

Just sent mine:-

Dear Ms Wade

I am writing in response to the acerbic comments which you made about Andy Murray whilst broadcasting for Eurosport yesterday.  It is bitterly dissapointing to hear an ex professional make such rash and I'll informed comments.  It was very clear to me that Andy was in pain and suffering really badly.  I am only a tennis fan but have followed Andy's career since he burst onto the scenes as a wildcard at Wimbledon, he is a special talent.  I have watched him playing in the Davis Cup for his country, when he made sure he signed every single autograph for every fan in the arena, he smiled, he chatted, he happily posed for photographs, he gave his all both on the court and off the court, these are not signs of a DRAMA QUEEN.  Even the most ardent Murray fans would acknowledge there have been times whenAndy's on court demeanour has let him down, but remember this is a young man who has grown up being vilified by the British media because he happens to be immensely talented and not a stereotypical tennis player i.e. He comes from a normal not privileged background.  It is hard enough for Andy as "two week" tennis fans with their pre conceived ideas spout their dislike of a young man from Scotland who has lit up British tennis.  The people in the media like yourself have a role to play in supporting him, no he is not Roger Federer or Rafa Nadal, he is ANDY MURRAY with an unquestionable talent and a will to win.  He is an excellent role model you will not find him falling out of nightclubs and disgracing himself, you will only find him working hard to improve himself and get to where he wants to be and where his talent deserves.  Tennis is not a gentile game any more it's a body sapping sport which requires determination and guts - Andy showed these qualities and more yesterday - don't berate him for that, applaud him. 
You have seriously dented your reputation by making these absurd comments and you owe it to Andy to make a public apology, what is even more shocking is at you appear to know the family so you are obviously aware of the brilliant work they do to promote tennis not only in Scotland but in Great Britain as a whole.
True Andy fans (of which there are many) are astounded at the nature of these comments towards a young man who is single handedly flying the flag for men's tennis in Britain - do the right thing and make a public apology, it is the least you can do.
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: FO R2: Murray vs Nieminen « Reply #514 on: June 01, 2012, 05:26 PM »

Judy's having her say by retweeting this:

Amer Delic‏@AmerDelic

So, A. Murray comes back, wins his match... and this is the headline he gets back at home. #brutal #RG12
http://pic.twitter.com/HiKvS1eN
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

Re: FO R2: Murray vs Nieminen « Reply #515 on: June 01, 2012, 05:29 PM »

But that's the idea though, isn't it? When you know you are provoked you don't want to take the bait. If he was asked in the PC, then he could have easily said that 'she's entitled to her opinion' and moved on. This is now bigger news than it should have been. Andy still doesn't have the mindset he desperately needs. Clearly he reads everything when he should be totally isolating himself from everything. Why should Andy take VW's words so seriously and get upset in the process? How's that helpful when he should be completely single minded and focus on what's more important?

To be honest, I don't get people. It's like they have nothing better going on in their life and they seem too hung up on insignificant things as if there's no tomorrow and by that I mean everyone in general not just Virginia Wade.

And Andy should be a bit more professional than that and not bother with the things that don’t matter one way or the other. He also needed to take the match professionally and moved on quickly right after the match as if it was just another day and just another match despite the injury. You want to lay it low. Players get injured before, during and after all the time and they all have to play through all those moments and Andy’s not an isolated incident. Much worse have happened before. 

Erm... didn't you leave our forum before when you were upset at some others' remarks which you thought were unfair and you felt misunderstood?
Andy is human, just like all the rest of us.
IP Logged
Murray Magic
ATP Level

Andy "Braveheart" Murray

Re: FO R2: Murray vs Nieminen « Reply #516 on: June 01, 2012, 05:35 PM »

This is why I ardently support Andy, he is human, sometimes wears his heart on his sleeve and you can totally relate to him.  I think he has every right to hit back out at VW, what she said was actually defamation of Andy's character - sue the bitter old woman Andy!!!
IP Logged
deb
Seed

I'd like to be impartial, but I can't!

Re: FO R2: Murray vs Nieminen « Reply #517 on: June 01, 2012, 05:35 PM »

Just sent mine:-

Dear Ms Wade

I am writing in response to the acerbic comments which you made about Andy Murray whilst broadcasting for Eurosport yesterday.  It is bitterly dissapointing to hear an ex professional make such rash and I'll informed comments.  It was very clear to me that Andy was in pain and suffering really badly.  I am only a tennis fan but have followed Andy's career since he burst onto the scenes as a wildcard at Wimbledon, he is a special talent.  I have watched him playing in the Davis Cup for his country, when he made sure he signed every single autograph for every fan in the arena, he smiled, he chatted, he happily posed for photographs, he gave his all both on the court and off the court, these are not signs of a DRAMA QUEEN.  Even the most ardent Murray fans would acknowledge there have been times whenAndy's on court demeanour has let him down, but remember this is a young man who has grown up being vilified by the British media because he happens to be immensely talented and not a stereotypical tennis player i.e. He comes from a normal not privileged background.  It is hard enough for Andy as "two week" tennis fans with their pre conceived ideas spout their dislike of a young man from Scotland who has lit up British tennis.  The people in the media like yourself have a role to play in supporting him, no he is not Roger Federer or Rafa Nadal, he is ANDY MURRAY with an unquestionable talent and a will to win.  He is an excellent role model you will not find him falling out of nightclubs and disgracing himself, you will only find him working hard to improve himself and get to where he wants to be and where his talent deserves.  Tennis is not a gentile game any more it's a body sapping sport which requires determination and guts - Andy showed these qualities and more yesterday - don't berate him for that, applaud him. 
You have seriously dented your reputation by making these absurd comments and you owe it to Andy to make a public apology, what is even more shocking is at you appear to know the family so you are obviously aware of the brilliant work they do to promote tennis not only in Scotland but in Great Britain as a whole.
True Andy fans (of which there are many) are astounded at the nature of these comments towards a young man who is single handedly flying the flag for men's tennis in Britain - do the right thing and make a public apology, it is the least you can do.
Excellent , MM , I too have sent a similar email, not as good as yours . Well done, everyone should complain , then something might get done.!!
IP Logged
deb
Seed

Re: FO R2: Murray vs Nieminen « Reply #518 on: June 01, 2012, 05:37 PM »

Judy's having her say by retweeting this:

Amer Delic‏@AmerDelic

So, A. Murray comes back, wins his match... and this is the headline he gets back at home. #brutal #RG12
http://pic.twitter.com/HiKvS1eN

How must Judy feel , so sad to hear these things about your child, but then Ms wade wouldn't know about that.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: FO R2: Murray vs Nieminen « Reply #519 on: June 01, 2012, 05:38 PM »

Erm... didn't you leave our forum before when you were upset at some others' remarks which you thought were unfair and you felt misunderstood?
Andy is human, just like all the rest of us.

You still don't get it. I am not a known/famous figure therefore; you don't know how I would have handled the press if I were. The bigger the news Andy makes, the worse it will get for him, unfortunately. The fact that people are still talking about VW is mind numbing for me especially when there's a Grand Slam going on and Andy is still in the tournament. I mean how much chaos does one really need?

Nothing bothers your enemy the most when you choose to ignore them. Andy clearly hasn't learned to play his cards right.
IP Logged
deb
Seed

Re: FO R2: Murray vs Nieminen « Reply #520 on: June 01, 2012, 05:39 PM »

Did anyone see Game set matts, I missed it, wondered what they said???
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

Re: FO R2: Murray vs Nieminen « Reply #521 on: June 01, 2012, 05:40 PM »

Emma.. So you think Judy's wrong for the retweet?
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: FO R2: Murray vs Nieminen « Reply #522 on: June 01, 2012, 05:45 PM »

Emma.. So you think Judy's wrong for the retweet?

Sorry but I am not going to indulge myself into things I can't be bothered with (didn't read Judy's retweet and not going to either). I don't care for VW comments and certainly not going to carry on with this stupid discussion. I’ve made my last comments on this already and I’ll leave things at that.

I am just more keen on what's more important (and best) for Andy. Nothing else matters.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: FO R2: Murray vs Nieminen « Reply #523 on: June 01, 2012, 06:42 PM »

Excellent letter MM. 
And Emma Jean remember Andy will have been in a pretty shattered state when confronted with VW's remarks.  I think to call his response unprofessional is harsh.  Actually again it's a sign of his honesty that he said what he felt [though I suspect he'd have used riper language in private as would I].
IP Logged
deb
Seed

Re: FO R2: Murray vs Nieminen « Reply #524 on: June 01, 2012, 06:44 PM »

Excellent letter MM.  
And Emma Jean remember Andy will have been in a pretty shattered state when confronted with VW's remarks.  I think to call his response unprofessional is harsh.  Actually again it's a sign of his honesty that he said what he felt [though I suspect he'd have used riper language in private as would I].
  clap clap
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »