Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  FO R2: Murray vs Nieminen 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 35 [36] 37 Go Down Reply
Author

FO R2: Murray vs Nieminen

(Read 10627 times)
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: FO R2: Murray vs Nieminen « Reply #525 on: June 01, 2012, 06:46 PM »

But that's the idea though, isn't it? When you know you are provoked you don't want to take the bait. If he was asked in the PC, then he could have easily said that 'she's entitled to her opinion' and moved on. This is now bigger news than it should have been. Andy still doesn't have the mindset he desperately needs. Clearly he reads everything when he should be totally isolating himself from everything. Why should Andy take VW's words so seriously and get upset in the process? How's that helpful when he should be completely single minded and focus on what's more important?

To be honest, I don't get people. It's like they have nothing better going on in their life and they seem too hung up on insignificant things as if there's no tomorrow and by that I mean everyone in general not just Virginia Wade.

And Andy should be a bit more professional than that and not bother with the things that don’t matter one way or the other. He also needed to take the match professionally and moved on quickly right after the match as if it was just another day and just another match despite the injury. You want to lay it low. Players get injured before, during and after all the time and they all have to play through all those moments and Andy’s not an isolated incident. Much worse have happened before. 

You say "To be honest, I don't get people." Does that mean you are speaking as an outsider?
IP Logged
deb
Seed

I'd like to be impartial, but I can't!

Re: FO R2: Murray vs Nieminen « Reply #526 on: June 01, 2012, 07:03 PM »

But that's the idea though, isn't it? When you know you are provoked you don't want to take the bait. If he was asked in the PC, then he could have easily said that 'she's entitled to her opinion' and moved on. This is now bigger news than it should have been. Andy still doesn't have the mindset he desperately needs. Clearly he reads everything when he should be totally isolating himself from everything. Why should Andy take VW's words so seriously and get upset in the process? How's that helpful when he should be completely single minded and focus on what's more important?

To be honest, I don't get people. It's like they have nothing better going on in their life and they seem too hung up on insignificant things as if there's no tomorrow and by that I mean everyone in general not just Virginia Wade.

And Andy should be a bit more professional than that and not bother with the things that don’t matter one way or the other. He also needed to take the match professionally and moved on quickly right after the match as if it was just another day and just another match despite the injury. You want to lay it low. Players get injured before, during and after all the time and they all have to play through all those moments and Andy’s not an isolated incident. Much worse have happened before. 

Andy was told at the press conference what V.W had said, and was asked his reaction..
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: FO R2: Murray vs Nieminen « Reply #527 on: June 01, 2012, 07:20 PM »

You say "To be honest, I don't get people." Does that mean you are speaking as an outsider?

I don't get people who give into such drivel for too long so in that sense yes, I am an outsider and I am sure I am not alone in this. It's what context I used the term is what should be taken only but not as a general.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: FO R2: Murray vs Nieminen « Reply #528 on: June 01, 2012, 07:25 PM »

Let me put this way, Virginia Wade should not be taken this seriously. The comment is only insulting when you yourself believe you are a drama queen but if you are not, then you have nothing to worry about. An idiot would say only idiotic things by nature but if you take him/her seriously it  then strictly becomes your problem. If you consider the source then it’s nothing really earth shattering.
IP Logged
jdonald
Satellite Level

Re: FO R2: Murray vs Nieminen « Reply #529 on: June 01, 2012, 07:42 PM »

Wade needs to aplogise for her behaviour it was appalling and ex English player should be supporting English players not running them down. She should lose her job. Andy was angered by her comments. Totally un necessary.
IP Logged
Murray Magic
ATP Level

Andy "Braveheart" Murray

Re: FO R2: Murray vs Nieminen « Reply #530 on: June 01, 2012, 08:08 PM »

Wade needs to aplogise for her behaviour it was appalling and ex English player should be supporting English players not running them down. She should lose her job. Andy was angered by her comments. Totally un necessary.

Andy is Scottish, not English, maybe you have just inadvertently uncovered why VW appears to dislike him so much. 
IP Logged
Tessie
ATP Level

Re: FO R2: Murray vs Nieminen « Reply #531 on: June 01, 2012, 09:07 PM »

Have sent my email too:-

Dear Virginia,

I along with many others are writing this to express my anger at the comments yourself and your fellow commentators on Eurosport decided to make about Andy Murray during his heroic game against Jarko Neminem on Thursday.
 Unfortunately you are atypical of alot of people in and out of the media in the country who choose to do nothing but berate any good and talented sports people once they are moving towards the top of their sport. What makes it all the more disgusting is that you yourself once played the very sport Andy is now No 4 in the world in. The difference of course is that now the sport is far more demanding and competitive than it was 35 years ago when you had your hayday.
I know you have received alot of requests for you to apologise to Andy publicly and I am adding my weight to that request.
Yourself, Greg Rudedski, Annabel Croft, John Lloyd and perhaps to a lesser degree Andrew Castle need to get behind the BEST tennis player this country has had for 70 years. It is bad enough that the twinset and pearls brigade at their 2 weeks of tennis Wimbledon choose to turn their stuffy noses up because he wasnt born in the right country let alone county.  But the true tennis fans of this country have a right to expect you to support him or at least not "slag him off" on tv for all to hear. Frankly I would rather listen to Peter Flemming and Jim Courier neither of whom are British yet seem to be able to be very positive about Andy and his game.  ITV have my viewing now.

Yours Sincerely

Tessie W
IP Logged
Iluvandy
Seed

Re: FO R2: Murray vs Nieminen « Reply #532 on: June 01, 2012, 09:23 PM »

You still don't get it. I am not a known/famous figure therefore; you don't know how I would have handled the press if I were. The bigger the news Andy makes, the worse it will get for him, unfortunately. The fact that people are still talking about VW is mind numbing for me especially when there's a Grand Slam going on and Andy is still in the tournament. I mean how much chaos does one really need?

Nothing bothers your enemy the most when you choose to ignore them. Andy clearly hasn't learned to play his cards right.

But we know how you handled MW.,    You went off in the huff.     Andy is entitled to defend himself and I think he was very restrained in his reply.     He could have
said "I don't pay any attention to a silly old bag like Wade".       
IP Logged
curtis71
Satellite Level

Re: FO R2: Murray vs Nieminen « Reply #533 on: June 01, 2012, 10:33 PM »

If anyone, djokovic is the drama queen. How many times has he had something in his eye, or dropped to the floor looking like he is on his last legs and then all of a sudden come back and won the match!

djokovic reminds me of an american wrestler....fake, fake fake,come back and win
IP Logged
IonaRed
Challenger Level

Re: FO R2: Murray vs Nieminen « Reply #534 on: June 01, 2012, 11:07 PM »

Look at the reaction of Wade at around 43 seconds.

It still annoys me - horrible woman.

IP Logged
Elena
Seed

Re: FO R2: Murray vs Nieminen « Reply #535 on: June 01, 2012, 11:55 PM »

Andy was told at the press conference what V.W had said, and was asked his reaction..
Which seems to have been "To me that's quite disappointing, to be honest. I know how I felt on the court. I know how bad it was".
which seems to me to be remarkably restrained.
IP Logged
ljs
Futures Level

Re: FO R2: Murray vs Nieminen « Reply #536 on: June 02, 2012, 12:00 AM »

i agree Elena , very restrained and professional imo , something that VW was NOT .
IP Logged
ljs
Futures Level

Re: FO R2: Murray vs Nieminen « Reply #537 on: June 02, 2012, 12:01 AM »

@Tessie , love your little email !!

I sent one last night , have to admit , mine was a bit more rude than yours  hehe
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: FO R2: Murray vs Nieminen « Reply #538 on: June 02, 2012, 12:48 AM »

If anyone, djokovic is the drama queen. How many times has he had something in his eye, or dropped to the floor looking like he is on his last legs and then all of a sudden come back and won the match!

djokovic reminds me of an american wrestler....fake, fake fake,come back and win
I agree, and if you watched the Davis Cup match he played in straight after the USO, then you'll remember how he suddenly collapsed to the ground with a scream of agony because of his back (I think when he was getting beaten) yet after a few minutes of lying there like he was dying, was able to walk off the court upright and unaided.  Yes he did have a slight tear in a muscle, which he'd picked up at the USO yet still managed to win it - but this wasn't being a drama queen??

clap  Love all those emails!  And well done Tessie for getting the despicable John Lloyd into yours.

This was the sarcastic take on Ms Wade's comments in today's Scotsman -

As he was hobbling to his remarkable victory on Thursday, Wade, the 1977 Wimbledon champion, was informing the nation, via Eurosport, that Murray’s behaviour was simply not on. It was not the done thing for a chap to call for the trainer, limp around the baseline and then win.

Indeed - how DARE he!  naughty  lol
[ Last edit by Aileen June 02, 2012, 01:01 AM ] IP Logged
Alis
ATP Level

Re: FO R2: Murray vs Nieminen « Reply #539 on: June 02, 2012, 07:53 AM »

This was the sarcastic take on Ms Wade's comments in today's Scotsman -

As he was hobbling to his remarkable victory on Thursday, Wade, the 1977 Wimbledon champion, was informing the nation, via Eurosport, that Murray’s behaviour was simply not on. It was not the done thing for a chap to call for the trainer, limp around the baseline and then win.

Indeed - how DARE he!  naughty  lol

I just loved that too, Aileen - well done the Scotsman!!
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 35 [36] 37 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »