Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  FO R3: Murray vs Giraldo 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 14 Go Down Reply
Author

FO R3: Murray vs Giraldo

(Read 4730 times)
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

FO R3: Murray vs Giraldo « on: June 01, 2012, 01:33 AM »

Well, it's the morning after the night before and I think a few of us might have been in the MurrayCoaster Buffet Car after that match!

Up next, fitness permitting, is Santiago Giraldo from Columbia.

They met very recently, in Barcelona, where Andy came away victorious, in straight sets, on clay. Very Happy

My comms (Fred Stolle and A N Other Aussie) commented that Andy's slice is going to be a key factor in this match.

H2H below.

All aboard! clapping

* Murray vs Giraldo 1.JPG (85.2 KB, 678x680 - viewed 433 times.)
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: FO R3: Murray vs Giraldo « Reply #1 on: June 01, 2012, 01:48 AM »

Highlights of their last meeting

IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: FO R3: Murray vs Giraldo « Reply #2 on: June 01, 2012, 02:39 AM »

Since Andy dismissed him in Barcelona just a few weeks ago, I am guessing this should be the case this time too but only if Andy's still healthy and 100%.

Thanks, Bev. You are doing God's work here. And by that, I mean the chocolates in your avatar. haha
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: FO R3: Murray vs Giraldo « Reply #3 on: June 01, 2012, 09:08 AM »

Thanks Bev.....Once again, you've done us proud! Thanks for the vid. too. The H2H stacks up well in Andy's favour, so, Andy's back permitting, I think we can look forward to a good result tomorrow!   cmon yeah
IP Logged
Murray Magic
ATP Level

Andy "Braveheart" Murray

Re: FO R3: Murray vs Giraldo « Reply #4 on: June 01, 2012, 09:15 AM »

As long as his back is okay, then I would love to see him have a compounding victory and then dedicate it to Virginia "No the Queen loves me" Wade!!
IP Logged
ChrisMac
World No 1

Re: FO R3: Murray vs Giraldo « Reply #5 on: June 01, 2012, 09:39 AM »

Nice one MM!  We will just have to wait and see if Andy is fit enough, I just hope he makes the right decision.
IP Logged
Jayel
Junior

IT JUST GETS BETTER

Re: FO R3: Murray vs Giraldo « Reply #6 on: June 01, 2012, 10:24 AM »

Like any right minded person I could not believe the rubbish VW spoke yesterday - did she just feel like a change from her sycophantic praise of Roger? I have wondered if the pundits are on a bonus from RG for the most innovative words of praise. Just heard a cracker from Greg R 
 “How many great coaches are there? You could probably name 5 or 6 on one hand” No comments needed there then!
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: FO R3: Murray vs Giraldo « Reply #7 on: June 01, 2012, 10:31 AM »

lmao lmao
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: FO R3: Murray vs Giraldo « Reply #8 on: June 01, 2012, 12:19 PM »

Like any right minded person I could not believe the rubbish VW spoke yesterday - did she just feel like a change from her sycophantic praise of Roger? I have wondered if the pundits are on a bonus from RG for the most innovative words of praise. Just heard a cracker from Greg R 
 “How many great coaches are there? You could probably name 5 or 6 on one hand” No comments needed there then!
Priceless. 
I'm torn between wanting to see Andy play and progress and fear in case it does aggravate the back problem.  I know yesterday's problem wasn't the same back problem but it could well have triggered it and it does seem to be saying he needs rest.  I just hope the team makes the right decision .  Either way no doubt the likes of VW will slag him off.
IP Logged
deb
Seed

I'd like to be impartial, but I can't!

Re: FO R3: Murray vs Giraldo « Reply #9 on: June 01, 2012, 01:39 PM »

Priceless. 
I'm torn between wanting to see Andy play and progress and fear in case it does aggravate the back problem.  I know yesterday's problem wasn't the same back problem but it could well have triggered it and it does seem to be saying he needs rest.  I just hope the team makes the right decision .  Either way no doubt the likes of VW will slag him off.
Yes plenty having a dig today, they are discussing it at 3.30 on talk sport this afternoon, not sure if to listen or not!!!
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: FO R3: Murray vs Giraldo « Reply #10 on: June 01, 2012, 07:25 PM »

They've put the match on court 1, which perhaps implies they don't believe Andy is going to get very far because of his injury.  He's second on after a women's match so ITV were saying probably about midday on ITV1.  Apparently he was looking reasonably ok in practice but was serving at c80 per cent, with evidence of a twinge in the left leg still, and not running about, which they thought was probably sensible and indeed they were debating as to whether it was a good idea for him to be practising at all - with arguments on both sides. Petchey confirmed that Andy was bitterly disappointed by the drama queen business and said he Petchey thought it was wrong what had been said [though interestingly noone mentioned VW by name].
IP Logged
jdonald
Satellite Level

Re: FO R3: Murray vs Giraldo « Reply #11 on: June 01, 2012, 08:01 PM »

Lets hope all is okay tomorrow. Wade i hope is not commentating for his match. Good luck andy.
IP Logged
Apollo
World No 1

Re: FO R3: Murray vs Giraldo « Reply #12 on: June 01, 2012, 08:04 PM »

Andy will just have to be tough skinned or just not pay any attention to the commentators.  It seems to me that these people just blah blah blah and don't even think about what comes out of their mouths.

I hope Andy is okay, it was cool when he played yesterday which could have had an affect on his back.  With the tough tennis these guys are all playing, he needs to be able to play as tough.

He's kept himself in good shape for such a long time, must be the hard work that Lendl expects of him that has maybe caused this injury.

Good Luck Andy, hopefully it will be warm and the sun will warm your back, and you will not have any more spasms.  Should you play tomorrow, may the force be with you Mr Magic!! Bagpipes
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: FO R3: Murray vs Giraldo « Reply #13 on: June 01, 2012, 08:27 PM »

I'm hoping Andy will pull out if he's still suffering the effects of the back spasm, especially as it's another early match and so he won't have had too much time to loosen up.  Another match like yesterday we could all do without, and that goes for him as well.  However he seems to be determined to play and the predicted hot sunny weather should help.   Also I can just see the catty comments if he withdraws - he's damned if he does and damned if he doesn't.

As for playing on court 1 - even if it does seem a bit of a snub, it could be to Andy's advantage as he might feel less pressure.
IP Logged
deb
Seed

I'd like to be impartial, but I can't!

Re: FO R3: Murray vs Giraldo « Reply #14 on: June 01, 2012, 09:12 PM »

Good luck Andy, , with you all the way.
IP Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 14 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »