Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  FO R3: Murray vs Giraldo 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 14 Go Down Reply
Author

FO R3: Murray vs Giraldo

(Read 4794 times)
jdonald
Satellite Level

Re: FO R3: Murray vs Giraldo « Reply #30 on: June 02, 2012, 10:29 AM »

I agree playing on Court 1 will take the pressure of him if there is any. I do not think he is worried about that . Looking forward to watching the score on Live Scores. It will not be featured on the TV.

Wade is just prejudice why you knows. Possibly because she was the last GB player  to win Wimbledon very childish of her especially as she is commentating.
IP Logged
Alis
ATP Level

Re: FO R3: Murray vs Giraldo « Reply #31 on: June 02, 2012, 10:29 AM »

I didn't hear what VW said on Eurosport but if she did actually say that she must finally have taken leave of what senses she has.  That is an absolutely ludiocrous comment to make.  In contrast, Sam Smith on ITV, said that she could only applaud Andy for what he did on Thursday.  She went on to say that when she was playing she was always told to get to the end of the match if she possibly could because tomorrow was another day.  She also mentioned that people feel pain at different levels; Andy knows his body better than anyone else; people should appreciate how much work he has put into preparing for this tournament and much the easier option would have been for him to quit.  I like this lady!
[ Last edit by Alis June 02, 2012, 10:40 AM ] IP Logged
what
Challenger Level

Re: FO R3: Murray vs Giraldo « Reply #32 on: June 02, 2012, 10:32 AM »

Did I just hear Virginia Wade correctly on Eurosport a minute ago?  I thought she said that she hopes Andy's over that "nervous episode, and his fear, because that's what it really is?"

Did she really say that? 

Eh?

Is she mad?

confused confused confused

I really don't get it?! Isn't it enough that almost the whole world, to express myself gently, doesn't like the Brits, there have to be the likes like  Rusedski and Wade who are throwing ill coment at the best British tennis player ever.
IP Logged
Jayel
Junior

IT JUST GETS BETTER

Re: FO R3: Murray vs Giraldo « Reply #33 on: June 02, 2012, 10:39 AM »

Did I just hear Virginia Wade correctly on Eurosport a minute ago?  I thought she said that she hopes Andy's over that "nervous episode, and his fear, because that's what it really is?"

Did she really say that? 

Eh?

Is she mad?

confused confused confused

Mad as a March Hare (except that could be productive) and Bad Mouthing. No hints of apology or regret just her usual self satisfied and self opinionated self.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: FO R3: Murray vs Giraldo « Reply #34 on: June 02, 2012, 10:46 AM »

Virginia Creeper should just shut up.  Paul Newman described her comments as 'absurd' in Today's INdie and Kevin Mitchell had a dig in Guardian too.
Agree with Alis that Sam Smith great this morning. Showed real empathy with ANdy as someone who has suffered injury.  Said she was 'in awe' of his extraordinary performance.  And like Alis said, she stressed how easy it would have been for him to quit and focus on the grass court season but he took the difficult decision.
Andy said the back is feeling better than it was but clearly he's not going to be 100%.  It sounds like if it's just the aftermath of the spasm he's not risking too much by playing; just have to hope and pray he doesn't aggravate the underlying back problem.  He said Ivan has been giving him alot of stick the last couple of days.  I guess Ivan expected him to do what he was told when he told him to come off after that first set; I wonder whether he thinks it was the right decision in the end. 
IP Logged
backhandslice
Seed

You love my shenanigans. Admit it.

Re: FO R3: Murray vs Giraldo « Reply #35 on: June 02, 2012, 10:48 AM »

I'm still waiting on a  Reply from. Wade.  Hmmmm. I must of been too harsh on her.  Oh well Very Happy.  Anyway. Let's see how Andy is feeling today. If he's. 90 percent or above. I think he should win easily. cmonandy
IP Logged
backhandslice
Seed

You love my shenanigans. Admit it.

Re: FO R3: Murray vs Giraldo « Reply #36 on: June 02, 2012, 10:52 AM »

Did you know. Andy has only retired once. In 646 matches.   Wow. Thats some statistic.  He's so dedicated.  Such strength and courage. You got to admit the guy has guts.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Re: FO R3: Murray vs Giraldo « Reply #37 on: June 02, 2012, 10:53 AM »

jk the emails go to her agent so I doubt she's even seen them yet, if she ever does.  And I suspect if there's a reply it won't be from her personally.  But I hope at least her agent conveys to her the weight of feeling against what she said.
IP Logged
michelle
Seed

Re: FO R3: Murray vs Giraldo « Reply #38 on: June 02, 2012, 10:59 AM »

Virginia Creeper should just shut up.  Paul Newman described her comments as 'absurd' in Today's INdie and Kevin Mitchell had a dig in Guardian too.
Agree with Alis that Sam Smith great this morning. Showed real empathy with ANdy as someone who has suffered injury.  Said she was 'in awe' of his extraordinary performance.  And like Alis said, she stressed how easy it would have been for him to quit and focus on the grass court season but he took the difficult decision.
Andy said the back is feeling better than it was but clearly he's not going to be 100%.  It sounds like if it's just the aftermath of the spasm he's not risking too much by playing; just have to hope and pray he doesn't aggravate the underlying back problem.  He said Ivan has been giving him alot of stick the last couple of days.  I guess Ivan expected him to do what he was told when he told him to come off after that first set; I wonder whether he thinks it was the right decision in the end. 
From what I've read Ivan did not tell Andy to come off the court, it was Dani and the others, Lendl just sat or stood giving nothing away.So the stick must be about something else!
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Re: FO R3: Murray vs Giraldo « Reply #39 on: June 02, 2012, 11:02 AM »

From what I've read Ivan did not tell Andy to come off the court, it was Dani and the others, Lendl just sat or stood giving nothing away.So the stick must be about something else!
Yes but Dani might have been his master's voice.  I somehow think the team wouldn't have shouted that without Ivan's agreement.
IP Logged
lionel

Re: FO R3: Murray vs Giraldo « Reply #40 on: June 02, 2012, 11:13 AM »

Virginia Wade represents the cucumber sandwich brigade who despise Murray. She is desperate at all times to demonstrate that she is upper class. Murray doesn't conform to the romantic stereotype of the "gentleman" that she has been taught because he is emotional, occasionally foul-mouthed and doesn't conceal pain behind a stuff upper lip. I'm sure Tiger Tim would have been much more to her taste.
IP Logged
Hazybear
Grand Slam Champion

Re: FO R3: Murray vs Giraldo « Reply #41 on: June 02, 2012, 11:38 AM »

Well Schivone is a set up but it's all square at 2-2 in the 2nd, would be good if she was able to break and have a nice easy to set win.
IP Logged
Grabcopy
Veteran

I know I'm paranoid. But am I paranoid enough?

Re: FO R3: Murray vs Giraldo « Reply #42 on: June 02, 2012, 11:41 AM »

Virginia Wade represents the cucumber sandwich brigade who despise Murray. She is desperate at all times to demonstrate that she is upper class. Murray doesn't conform to the romantic stereotype of the "gentleman" that she has been taught because he is emotional, occasionally foul-mouthed and doesn't conceal pain behind a stuff upper lip. I'm sure Tiger Tim would have been much more to her taste.

And that's why I don't understand why Andy doesn't have mass appeal.
IP Logged
mickeypops
Challenger Level

Re: FO R3: Murray vs Giraldo « Reply #43 on: June 02, 2012, 11:59 AM »

And that's why I don't understand why Andy doesn't have mass appeal.

That's a very interesting point.  I'm Scottish but travel to work with colleagues in London quite frequently.  The average person I speak to - even those broadly interested in sport - doesn't follow tennis THAT much, and hence doesn't appreciate Andy's fantastic tennis career, in terms of winning 22 tournaments, 8 Masters (I think) 3 grand slam finals, plus lots of  semis - all they read and hear about is that he is a failure in terms of never winning Wimbledon, losing out in semis to Nadal and Djoko etc. 

Not dissimilar to how Colin Montgomery, the golfer, was regarded.  This isn't anything to do with being Scottish v. English - it's about the media giving the general public an impression of what constitutes a successful sporting career and what doesn't. 
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: FO R3: Murray vs Giraldo « Reply #44 on: June 02, 2012, 12:07 PM »

1 set all now Rolling Eyes

I've currently got the Li Na match but I have a computer at the ready. 

Everyone, apart from me, has gone to bed in our house, so I'm hoping for a quiet match Andy. Very Happy
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 14 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »