Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs Novak Djokovic, Friday, Time - 6:30pm GMT - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  FO R4 : Murray v Gasquet 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 Go Down Reply
Author

FO R4 : Murray v Gasquet

(Read 9640 times)
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: FO R4 : Murray v Gasquet « Reply #555 on: June 04, 2012, 07:58 PM »

Anyway, after Berdych's loss to DelPo earlier this has been a great day. Even if Andy loses to Ferrer on Wednesday (and tbh despite today I'm not that hopeful that he'll win - Ferrer has been magnificent these last 10 days), the fears that Berdych will take giant steps in the rankings have been nullified. Berdych will pick up 180, Andy will, worst case, lose 360, so the gap will still be over 2400. Ferrer and Tsonga may close the gap but long-term I don't see either of them troubling Andy, ranking-wise.
This was one of my main worries.. phew! and thanks!
IP Logged
backhandslice
Seed

You love my shenanigans. Admit it.

Re: FO R4 : Murray v Gasquet « Reply #556 on: June 04, 2012, 08:01 PM »

Murray played adequately against a very tired out of sorts 22 in the world, please get a grip. To be honest I saw nothing that would worry Ferrer who routinely thrashes him on clay - and the bookies agree keeping him a rank outsider at 38/1 , same price as before the tournament!

ugh   ban get out  And when exactly was their last clay meeting ?!   Andy played magnificently today   it was AMAZING Very Happy  I would still pick Murray over Ferrer  !!  cmonandy
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: FO R4 : Murray v Gasquet « Reply #557 on: June 04, 2012, 08:04 PM »

Leaving aside the 1st set when it felt like Andy just hadn't arrived [why did he take it so long to change his racquet I wonder?] that was wonderful to watch.  At start I'd been thinking why do I put myself through this. Then I was reminded why.  As Courier said some of it was pure geometry so brilliant were the angles of some of Andy's shots. And lovely to see those perfect lobs back.  
And the whole experienced enhanced by the comms. And stevebywaters I think Courier knows rather more about tennis than you do so why don't you just spare us your sour put downs of Andy  doh
I'm glad that Andy is going into next round the underdog against ferrer as it takes some of the pressure off him. And should he lose not so many points at stake now and he can get on to the grass - not that I'll be so philosophical when it comes to Wednesday
IP Logged
Sir Panda
Murraymaniac

Misunderstood genius.

Re: FO R4 : Murray v Gasquet « Reply #558 on: June 04, 2012, 08:11 PM »

Ferrer has to be favourite. His pedigree on the dirt is phenomenal, different type of opponent to Gasquet, who imploded mentally today. 
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: FO R4 : Murray v Gasquet « Reply #559 on: June 04, 2012, 08:14 PM »

Ferrer has to be favourite. His pedigree on the dirt is phenomenal, different type of opponent to Gasquet, who imploded mentally today.  

He's a grinder so he'll grind Andy all the way to his last breath. Andy can get out of this if he stays aggressive throughout the match and keeps the points really short to save some energy. I really can't think of any other stratey. But because this will be a qtr final match, I think chances are slightly in Andy's favour but still, I find it very tight. Andy will have to serve about 70% throughout the match. It can dip at times but the overall outcome has to be over 65%.
IP Logged
jdonald
Satellite Level

Re: FO R4 : Murray v Gasquet « Reply #560 on: June 04, 2012, 08:15 PM »

I agree i think Lendl will have it all sorted like today lets wait and see. Andy's game has changed  his composure is great blets wait and see.
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: FO R4 : Murray v Gasquet « Reply #561 on: June 04, 2012, 08:16 PM »

Yeah.. agree Ferrer has to be favourite. It would be amazing if he could get past him.
But hey.. if he could play the way he did today, who knows?...
But if those 2 grind it out as usual, whoever gets thru is going to be a limp lettuce against Rafa.
IP Logged
MurrayRocks
Veteran

I ♥ my scottish chouchou ...

Re: FO R4 : Murray v Gasquet « Reply #562 on: June 04, 2012, 08:18 PM »

clap clap clap  Bravooooo Andy , and toc ! to the french crowd who whistle , i 'm very , very happy . yay
IP Logged
Murray Magic
ATP Level

Andy "Braveheart" Murray

Re: FO R4 : Murray v Gasquet « Reply #563 on: June 04, 2012, 08:21 PM »

The last two sets of that match is exactly why I love Andy Murray!!  He just has so much skill and shot selection at his disposal - the Harry Potter of the tennis world! 

Is anyone else with me in thinking that the first signs of the Lendl partnership are beginning to coe to fruition?
IP Logged
Sir Panda
Murraymaniac

Misunderstood genius.

Re: FO R4 : Murray v Gasquet « Reply #564 on: June 04, 2012, 08:24 PM »

Their 2011 Australian Open encounter was 3 hrs 30 mins and that was four sets, on hard court.

Easily a four hour match in store for us on Wednesday.
IP Logged
blueberryhill
World No 1

Re: FO R4 : Murray v Gasquet « Reply #565 on: June 04, 2012, 08:29 PM »

Since that moment when Murray clutched his back the match has turned! Not the best advert for tennis when antics and play acting win the day

Obviously you watch all matches except Andy's with a blindfold on. Most players have tics. Many a lot worse than Andy's. Get over it.

stevebywaters, I'll ask you again 1) why are you so angry?
2) why are you here?
IP Logged
jdonald
Satellite Level

Re: FO R4 : Murray v Gasquet « Reply #566 on: June 04, 2012, 08:31 PM »

I agree, you all might be surprised. andy is on a roll and all the practice that he and Lendl are doing i believe is taking effect. Andy is a very fit guy and determined. a close match.
Ferrer has not had a hard match yet. might be his down fall physically.

In the best of five sets it really does not mean anything too these guys.
IP Logged
Murray Magic
ATP Level

Andy "Braveheart" Murray

Re: FO R4 : Murray v Gasquet « Reply #567 on: June 04, 2012, 08:34 PM »

AK400  - sure Andy was clutching his back, it's not against the rules, Gasguet let it get into his head.  The crowd were terrible, booing Andy at all times - he could have quite easily let that get to him - he didn't, he smied hs way through it, Gasguet needs to learn how to do that.

Steve Bywaters - #TROLL
IP Logged
deb
Seed

I'd like to be impartial, but I can't!

Re: FO R4 : Murray v Gasquet « Reply #568 on: June 04, 2012, 08:34 PM »

Just come back from watching Andy at my sisters , it's so funny reading the posts  at the begining of the match,   roflmao     And now ,,  Amazing Andy ., the French crowd just unbelievable !!! Who cares Andy won. yay
IP Logged
Apollo
World No 1

Re: FO R4 : Murray v Gasquet « Reply #569 on: June 04, 2012, 08:39 PM »

Murray played adequately against a very tired out of sorts 22 in the world, please get a grip. To be honest I saw nothing that would worry Ferrer who routinely thrashes him on clay - and the bookies agree keeping him a rank outsider at 38/1 , same price as before the tournament!
Are you a fan of Andy......sure doesn't sound like it.  Or did you just stop by to put Andy down???? confused
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »