Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  FO R4 : Murray v Gasquet 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 Go Down Reply
Author Topic: FO R4 : Murray v Gasquet  (Read 7310 times)
deb
ATP Level

I'd like to be impartial, but I can't!

Re: FO R4 : Murray v Gasquet « Reply #570 on: June 04, 2012, 08:41 PM »

AK400  - sure Andy was clutching his back, it's not against the rules, Gasguet let it get into his head.  The crowd were terrible, booing Andy at all times - he could have quite easily let that get to him - he didn't, he smied hs way through it, Gasguet needs to learn how to do that.

Steve Bywaters - #TROLL
well said M.M,   Don't know how Ak 400 can say anything, ive never laughed so much at smug Fed  yesterday, 4 sets against Goffin who didn't even qualify !! Should of squashed him like an ant, made fed look less than average !!
IP Logged
Murray Magic
ATP Level

Andy "Braveheart" Murray

Re: FO R4 : Murray v Gasquet « Reply #571 on: June 04, 2012, 08:46 PM »

Deb I think Fed is in for a real shock once his "cake walk" of a draw comes to an end, he has not really been tested yet and has been below par so far.
And as for our Andy well we know how he just relishes a challenge, good job really given the draw that he got!!!
IP Logged
deb
ATP Level

Re: FO R4 : Murray v Gasquet « Reply #572 on: June 04, 2012, 09:11 PM »

Deb I think Fed is in for a real shock once his "cake walk" of a draw comes to an end, he has not really been tested yet and has been below par so far.
And as for our Andy well we know how he just relishes a challenge, good job really given the draw that he got!!!
Exactly M.M, Andy has done incredibly well, and it's not over yet!!
IP Logged
Katie
ATP Level

Andy Murray - US Open and Wimbledon champion! :)

Re: FO R4 : Murray v Gasquet « Reply #573 on: June 04, 2012, 09:18 PM »

So who will you be supporting on Wednesday then? Wink

Oh Andy definitely. Smile David is my second favourite player but can never root against Andy. Just wish they weren't in the same quarter!
IP Logged
Jayel
Junior

IT JUST GETS BETTER

Re: FO R4 : Murray v Gasquet « Reply #574 on: June 04, 2012, 09:32 PM »

Daveed is formidable for sure great guy great player.Seriously who is there to beat Nadal?Fed waswell exposed in his last match did you see the look on his wife's face when things looked bad? Methinks he is a bad loser no matter what public face he shows.Novak looks a bit flaky for once. Berdych the beast has gone. Can Del Potro bore everyone to death?Then who knows I support Andy and I think he will meet Nadal. End of message.
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: FO R4 : Murray v Gasquet « Reply #575 on: June 04, 2012, 09:41 PM »

Drains are seriously oozing some crap out today.

At work in body yawn  Let's see how today pans out - got off to a slow, but great start!
IP Logged
deb
ATP Level

Re: FO R4 : Murray v Gasquet « Reply #576 on: June 04, 2012, 09:49 PM »

Daveed is formidable for sure great guy great player.Seriously who is there to beat Nadal?Fed waswell exposed in his last match did you see the look on his wife's face when things looked bad? Methinks he is a bad loser no matter what public face he shows.Novak looks a bit flaky for once. Berdych the beast has gone. Can Del Potro bore everyone to death?Then who knows I support Andy and I think he will meet Nadal. End of message.
I like your take on things so far, and agree , it will be so interesting to see what happens next.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: FO R4 : Murray v Gasquet « Reply #577 on: June 04, 2012, 09:52 PM »

Andy clutches at his back the same way Rafa clutches his shorts and puts his hair behind his ears.  It's become like a nervous tic or as Courier put it a crutch.  If Gasquet let it get to him more fool him.
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: FO R4 : Murray v Gasquet « Reply #578 on: June 04, 2012, 10:24 PM »

Andy clutches at his back the same way Rafa clutches his shorts and puts his hair behind his ears.  It's become like a nervous tic or as Courier put it a crutch.  If Gasquet let it get to him more fool him.
If Gasquet let Andy clutching his back a few times cause him to go from near flawless to barely able to make a shot then he's even flakier than any of us even imagined.

But of course he didn't. He had break points that would've allowed him to serve for the set, was unable to take them then choked on set point and his head seemed to go after that, no doubt aided by the hostile crowd, even if they were on his side. This coincided with Andy beginning to find his rhythm and after that he was able to run riot.

Gasquet didn't even play that bad in the last two sets. It's not like he gifted them to Andy with tonnes of wayward errors. He made a couple of big ones but ultimately Andy just found a different gear and became pretty much unplayable.

But why are even discussing this. You and I both know that this notion is absurd, as is that it is "taking the game into disrespute". The Federer fan knows this as well, but he just loves to try and wind people up. Truth is, he sucks at it. Which is a shame, because he seems to spend a lot of time on here attempting it. I'm on another forum which is packed with WUMS (Wind-up merchants), some of which are quite capable at getting people pissed off. Anyway it'd be better for everyone if the troll was banned from here, but as none of the mods seem bothered enough to do that then I guess we'll just have to continue putting up with him.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: FO R4 : Murray v Gasquet « Reply #579 on: June 04, 2012, 10:36 PM »

Well let's just think of him as the Parisian crowd spurring Andy on to greater  heights tmh. 
IP Logged
colin
Satellite Level

Re: FO R4 : Murray v Gasquet « Reply #580 on: June 04, 2012, 11:00 PM »

Could he not be a mod or one of the news team? I have had suspicions for some time.
IP Logged
Hazybear
Grand Slam Champion

Re: FO R4 : Murray v Gasquet « Reply #581 on: June 04, 2012, 11:11 PM »

Could he not be a mod or one of the news team? I have had suspicions for some time.

I do hope you are joking
IP Logged
Hazybear
Grand Slam Champion

Re: FO R4 : Murray v Gasquet « Reply #582 on: June 04, 2012, 11:11 PM »

Andy's twitter

'Thanks for all the support, was a fun atmosphere out there today, more like a footie match, quarters vs ferrer on wednesday #awaywin'

lmao
IP Logged
IonaRed
Challenger Level

Re: FO R4 : Murray v Gasquet « Reply #583 on: June 04, 2012, 11:15 PM »

Sometimes I think a hostile crowd brings out the best in Andy.  I'd boo him myself if I thought it would help him win a slam.
IP Logged
flowerpower
Challenger Level

Relax All is good!

Re: FO R4 : Murray v Gasquet « Reply #584 on: June 04, 2012, 11:21 PM »

#awaywin ; what is the meaning of this?
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »