Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  FO R4 : Murray v Gasquet 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 39 [40] 41 Go Down Reply
Author

FO R4 : Murray v Gasquet

(Read 10083 times)
Sir Panda
Murraymaniac

Misunderstood genius.

Re: FO R4 : Murray v Gasquet « Reply #585 on: June 04, 2012, 11:23 PM »

#awaywin ; what is the meaning of this?

He compared the atmosphere today to a football match. Away win would refer to a football team going to an away ground and winning.
IP Logged
flowerpower
Challenger Level

Let your racket do the talking

Re: FO R4 : Murray v Gasquet « Reply #586 on: June 04, 2012, 11:31 PM »

thanks! nice to know!
IP Logged
Elena
Seed

Re: FO R4 : Murray v Gasquet « Reply #587 on: June 04, 2012, 11:49 PM »

Jim Courier was thoroughly enjoying the atmosphere, especially after Gasquet seemed to question a line call, then Andy didn't acknowledge the new balls etc etc.
What was the Wade/Rusedski/Croft (or any others) view of the match?
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: FO R4 : Murray v Gasquet « Reply #588 on: June 05, 2012, 01:36 AM »

My Aussie comms saying that during the 1st set and a bit, Andy hadn't warmed up.  That they are not surprised that Richard lost - Andy was mixing it up more and Richard didn't have the answers.  For an hour and 15 minutes, Richard was the better player but he blew it.
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: FO R4 : Murray v Gasquet « Reply #589 on: June 05, 2012, 01:38 AM »

Andy clutches at his back the same way Rafa clutches his shorts and puts his hair behind his ears.  It's become like a nervous tic or as Courier put it a crutch.  If Gasquet let it get to him more fool him.

And don't forget if his bottle blows over, god forbid Very Happy

IP Logged
blueberryhill
World No 1

Re: FO R4 : Murray v Gasquet « Reply #590 on: June 05, 2012, 06:53 AM »

Oh dear Bevc, just eating my breakfast.... vomit
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: FO R4 : Murray v Gasquet « Reply #591 on: June 05, 2012, 06:59 AM »

clap clap clap  Bravooooo Andy , and toc ! to the french crowd who whistle , i 'm very , very happy . yay
Hey........lovely to see you back MR!  wave We've missed you!  hug
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: FO R4 : Murray v Gasquet « Reply #592 on: June 05, 2012, 07:08 AM »

Since that moment when Murray clutched his back the match has turned! Not the best advert for tennis when antics and play acting win the day
Go forth and multiply and take your friend Steve with you!
IP Logged
benniebone
ATP Level

Re: FO R4 : Murray v Gasquet « Reply #593 on: June 05, 2012, 08:23 AM »

What a delight it was to see Murray able to play all his shots seemingly at will.He has matured considerably this week. So even if he does'nt make the final I reckon he's developed further as a player. Well done
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: FO R4 : Murray v Gasquet « Reply #594 on: June 05, 2012, 01:31 PM »

And don't forget if his bottle blows over, god forbid Very Happy

"He does´╗┐ this in every match right before he serves. It's really gross, but I think it's a tactic. He sticks his fingers in his ass, grabs the tennis balls, transfers the ass smell all over the ball, and then hurls them at the competition. Imagine how off your game you would be if an ass-smelling ball was headed toward you at over 90 mph."

lol
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: FO R4 : Murray v Gasquet « Reply #595 on: June 05, 2012, 02:16 PM »

Just been watching the highlights on ITV Player. And I have to say, it's one of the most pathetic highlights reels I've ever seen. Typical of ITV really.

Where to start? Well, first of all it's all in stream quality footage. Not even standard definition, the standard of a stream five years ago. Where's the HD that Sky and BBC so readily provide?

Secondly, the highlights themselves. They merely showed the break/set points and a dozen errors.  They showed more errors than winners. In-fact, they only showed about five winners. I was expecting at least half of Murray's winners in the final two sets. None of them. Zilch. I don't know what they are playing at. When I watch the highlights after the match, I want the most exciting points, the drama. I don't want to see Gasquet hitting it into the net or Murray drinking from his water bottle. This is the opposite of what I expected.

Then you have the commentary. Instead of just using the real time commentary from Petchey and Courier, they decided to put one single second-rate commentator on, clearly after the match has already been played, adding to the typical ITV 'cringe factor'.

I think I'll wait for the highlights to come on youtube, in HD, with all the actual highlights, with the proper commentary, probably put together by a teenager still in school. I wonder why ITV are so inept they are incapable of doing the same.

Just after they had gone up a little in my esteem as well after appointing Courier and the pretty decent coverage of RG. Embarrassing joke of a tv station that will never be forgiven for going to adverts mid-match in the World Cup and missing one of three moments worth watching all tournament.

/rant.

Does anyone know where else I can find some highlights? Some actual highlights.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: FO R4 : Murray v Gasquet « Reply #596 on: June 05, 2012, 02:53 PM »

Well eurosport showed it as their match of the day last night so it was more than just highlights but an edited version of the match.  Perhaps they have highlights on their website?
IP Logged
Apollo
World No 1

Re: FO R4 : Murray v Gasquet « Reply #597 on: June 05, 2012, 03:44 PM »

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/tennis/andymurray/9311705/French-Open-2012-Andy-Murray-relished-spectator-boos-and-hostile-environment-during-last-16-win-over-Richard-Gasquet.html

I'm sure most of you read this, but for those who didn't, I thought it was a good positive article from Andy.
IP Logged
Apollo
World No 1

Re: FO R4 : Murray v Gasquet « Reply #598 on: June 05, 2012, 03:49 PM »

I loved Andy's smile as he looked back at the crowd during the match. 
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: FO R4 : Murray v Gasquet « Reply #599 on: June 05, 2012, 03:52 PM »

Well eurosport showed it as their match of the day last night so it was more than just highlights but an edited version of the match.  Perhaps they have highlights on their website?
Will have a look, thanks.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 39 [40] 41 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »