Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs Kevin Anderson, Friday, Time: 12 noon BST - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  FO R4 : Murray v Gasquet 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 40 [41] Go Down Reply
Author

FO R4 : Murray v Gasquet

(Read 9352 times)
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: FO R4 : Murray v Gasquet « Reply #600 on: June 05, 2012, 04:02 PM »

Thanks for the link, good article. Some of the comments are typical anti-Murray drivel though, but some sense on there.
IP Logged
Apollo
World No 1

Re: FO R4 : Murray v Gasquet « Reply #601 on: June 05, 2012, 05:00 PM »

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/tennis/frenchopen/9291052/Ivan-Lendl-brings-out-the-fun-side-of-Andy-Murray.html

Here is a link to an article on Lendl, I found if pretty interesting.  Don't know if this is the place to put this.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: FO R4 : Murray v Gasquet « Reply #602 on: June 05, 2012, 05:08 PM »

Just been watching the highlights on ITV Player. And I have to say, it's one of the most pathetic highlights reels I've ever seen. Typical of ITV really.

Where to start? Well, first of all it's all in stream quality footage. Not even standard definition, the standard of a stream five years ago. Where's the HD that Sky and BBC so readily provide?

Secondly, the highlights themselves. They merely showed the break/set points and a dozen errors.  They showed more errors than winners. In-fact, they only showed about five winners. I was expecting at least half of Murray's winners in the final two sets. None of them. Zilch. I don't know what they are playing at. When I watch the highlights after the match, I want the most exciting points, the drama. I don't want to see Gasquet hitting it into the net or Murray drinking from his water bottle. This is the opposite of what I expected.

Then you have the commentary. Instead of just using the real time commentary from Petchey and Courier, they decided to put one single second-rate commentator on, clearly after the match has already been played, adding to the typical ITV 'cringe factor'.

I think I'll wait for the highlights to come on youtube, in HD, with all the actual highlights, with the proper commentary, probably put together by a teenager still in school. I wonder why ITV are so inept they are incapable of doing the same.

Just after they had gone up a little in my esteem as well after appointing Courier and the pretty decent coverage of RG. Embarrassing joke of a tv station that will never be forgiven for going to adverts mid-match in the World Cup and missing one of three moments worth watching all tournament.

/rant.

Does anyone know where else I can find some highlights? Some actual highlights.

I understand completely. Last night they bloody showed 4 hours of tennis on TSN2 (replay) and I was sure they would cover Andy at least for an hour or so but they bloody showed that bloody Sharapova match for 2 and half hours. If I could I'd slap all the guys behind this decision.
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: FO R4 : Murray v Gasquet « Reply #603 on: June 05, 2012, 06:04 PM »

I understand completely. Last night they bloody showed 4 hours of tennis on TSN2 (replay) and I was sure they would cover Andy at least for an hour or so but they bloody showed that bloody Sharapova match for 2 and half hours. If I could I'd slap all the guys behind this decision.
Why do the people with the power come up with these decisions? What actual reason do they think people would be more interested in that pretty farcical match with barely any holds of serve over a pretty exciting, fairly dramatic encounter in the Men's? Some of the decisions really baffle me.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: FO R4 : Murray v Gasquet « Reply #604 on: June 05, 2012, 07:03 PM »

Here's another positive article from Paul Newman in the Indie
http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/tennis/murray-through-to-last-eight-after-gasquet-blows-it-7815102.html

'a stunning display of courageous shot-making' sums it up
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: FO R4 : Murray v Gasquet « Reply #605 on: June 05, 2012, 08:12 PM »

Why do the people with the power come up with these decisions? What actual reason do they think people would be more interested in that pretty farcical match with barely any holds of serve over a pretty exciting, fairly dramatic encounter in the Men's? Some of the decisions really baffle me.

I couldn’t watch Andy’s match as well so I thought there would be a replay for sure since they were going to show 4 hours of replay. Imagine my surprise. I was in a killing mode. Andy’s match was a fantastic one and you don’t always get to see that, so I feel I missed much of it. Very poor choice.
IP Logged
Sir Panda
Murraymaniac

Misunderstood genius.

Re: FO R4 : Murray v Gasquet « Reply #606 on: June 05, 2012, 10:53 PM »

Thanks for the link, good article. Some of the comments are typical anti-Murray drivel though, but some sense on there.

Hey man, I believe you were looking for highlights.

Very short and brief clip, but the first point shown is an absolute cracker! Smile
IP Logged
craighateslife
Challenger Level

Gotta eat Protein

Re: FO R4 : Murray v Gasquet « Reply #607 on: June 05, 2012, 10:57 PM »

I couldn’t watch Andy’s match as well so I thought there would be a replay for sure since they were going to show 4 hours of replay. Imagine my surprise. I was in a killing mode. Andy’s match was a fantastic one and you don’t always get to see that, so I feel I missed much of it. Very poor choice.

Emma Jean go to http://tennishaven.com/ and download it

I've sent you a PM with my username and password

Go to all torrents and download with http://www.utorrent.com/
[ Last edit by craighateslife June 05, 2012, 11:01 PM ] IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: FO R4 : Murray v Gasquet « Reply #608 on: June 05, 2012, 11:00 PM »

Hey man, I believe you were looking for highlights.

Very short and brief clip, but the first point shown is an absolute cracker! Smile
Cheers mate, better than ITV's pitiful attempt!
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: FO R4 : Murray v Gasquet « Reply #609 on: June 06, 2012, 02:56 PM »

Emma Jean go to http://tennishaven.com/ and download it

I've sent you a PM with my username and password

Go to all torrents and download with http://www.utorrent.com/

Sorry, I never checked back this thread after my last post, so I didn’t even get to see this message. That's why I sounded so clueless in my PM to you. lol

Thanks again!
IP Logged
michelle
Seed

Re: FO R4 : Murray v Gasquet « Reply #610 on: June 06, 2012, 03:01 PM »

Cheers mate, better than ITV's pitiful attempt!
I went onto ITV Player got the whole of Andy vs Richard match, good quality. So I'm not sure where you went on the ITV Player.
IP Logged
Hazybear
Grand Slam Champion

Re: FO R4 : Murray v Gasquet « Reply #611 on: June 06, 2012, 03:03 PM »

Hurry up ladies! Great tennis an' all but we want Andy and David yes
IP Logged
Hazybear
Grand Slam Champion

Re: FO R4 : Murray v Gasquet « Reply #612 on: June 06, 2012, 03:05 PM »

Shame for Shvedova, but brilliant run all the same.
IP Logged
Hazybear
Grand Slam Champion

Re: FO R4 : Murray v Gasquet « Reply #613 on: June 06, 2012, 03:05 PM »

I'm predicting Stosur v Sharapova for the womens final
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: FO R4 : Murray v Gasquet « Reply #614 on: June 06, 2012, 03:23 PM »

I went onto ITV Player got the whole of Andy vs Richard match, good quality. So I'm not sure where you went on the ITV Player.
I could only find a 45 minute highlights of the entire day, which is all there was the morning after the match. It featured about 5-10 minutes of the match.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 40 [41] Go Up Reply 
« previous next »