Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Fred Perry 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Reply
Author

Fred Perry

(Read 2120 times)
Amy
Challenger Level

Fred Perry « Reply #15 on: November 08, 2005, 10:01 AM »

plus, fred perry was a wicked tennis player!
IP Logged
KitKat
Seed

Fred Perry « Reply #16 on: November 08, 2005, 11:18 AM »

As long as he keeps winning, he can play in a bin bag, although I would draw the line at the holey back t-shirt, the designer of that particular garment needs their head examined. Eh?
IP Logged
eira_arian
John McEnroe

Fred Perry « Reply #17 on: November 08, 2005, 11:39 AM »

Quote from: "KitKat"
As long as he keeps winning, he can play in a bin bag, although I would draw the line at the holey back t-shirt, the designer of that particular garment needs their head examined. Eh?

what about a holey black bin bag? Wink
IP Logged
KitKat
Seed

Fred Perry « Reply #18 on: November 08, 2005, 11:50 AM »

Holey black bin bags would be okay, I don't know what it is about the t-shirt, I think it would go down well in the adult entertainment section only it would be women wearing it, it's just too freaky. retard
IP Logged
deedee
John McEnroe

Fred Perry « Reply #19 on: November 08, 2005, 03:23 PM »

Quote from: "KitKat"

roflmao
IP Logged
Sir Panda
Murraymaniac

Misunderstood genius.

Fred Perry « Reply #20 on: November 08, 2005, 05:01 PM »

I think he should stick with Fred Perry. How fitting would it be for Andy to win Wimbledon (you never know) and to be weraing the sports brand named after the last British player to acheive the same thing.

But then again, I think Andy would suit Nike
IP Logged
top_spin
Murraymaniac

Fred Perry « Reply #21 on: November 11, 2005, 09:23 PM »

Quote from: "Sir Panda"
I think he should stick with Fred Perry. How fitting would it be for Andy to win Wimbledon (you never know) and to be weraing the sports brand named after the last British player to acheive the same thing.

But then again, I think Andy would suit Nike

well yea... that's very true! im sure FP have that in their minds..
But i just think that if Andy becomes huge in tennis (which he will do undoubtably..) then im sure Nike will barge in!  :uhm: ..FP are much smaller than Nike! Whistle
IP Logged
red?

I Hate Nike « Reply #22 on: November 12, 2005, 01:01 AM »

Soz 2 sound real evil Guy with axe

bt were r doin a project @ sckool on boycott nike

U will b amazed by some of the findings!  jaw  bounce_everyone

I 4 1 am not a child labour surporter !!!!!!! =;

Nike r evil !!!!! :P  \Very Happy/

Nike r Evil !!!!!!!

Nike r Evil

( I think u get what I mean bt just incase )

NIKE R EVIL !!!!!!
IP Logged
hulahoop
Seed

Home is where the heart is!

Fred Perry « Reply #23 on: November 12, 2005, 01:44 AM »

#-o  Ouch, text speak on a forum is just not good netiquette.

But now I've deciphered it ( I hope ) then I've got to say I agree with you. Reading some of the stories of cheap labour used by the multi nationals is heartbreaking.

To all label addicts, ( dont worry I have a nephew who wouldn't be seen dead in anything less than the best designer clobber. He's broke but not happy.)  no it's a huge con fuelled by peer pressure.

For myself, I wouldn't dream of wearing a "label". They help to keep child or convict labour slaving for a pittance and fuel extortionate clothing/shoes costs based on 3rd world work paid with derisory "wage" rates and is, IMHO, immoral.

If nobody bought them, they'd have to have a rethink. Meanwhile I'll avoid them like the plague.

STORIES HERE and HERE show just the tip of the iceberg.   :twisted:

Embarassed Sorry, got on my soapbox there. But it's something I feel strongly about.

Unfortunately, until your generation stops worshipping Adidas/Nike etc, then parents all over the globe are going to give in.

Crying or Very sad  It makes me very sad, as it's not something that enhancing your value as a person. But while all your peers are putting enormous pressure on people to "conform" it's very difficult to go against the flow.
IP Logged
Sir Panda
Murraymaniac

Misunderstood genius.

Fred Perry « Reply #24 on: November 17, 2005, 06:32 PM »

I agree with you tally, but I'm afraid that reducing labour cost is just another large step to acheiving greater profit.

My ISP is Tiscali, and the customer service is in Bangladesh and its horrible trying to understand them sometimes.

In business, not everyone gets a fair deal.
IP Logged
Sir Panda
Murraymaniac

Misunderstood genius.

Fred Perry « Reply #25 on: November 17, 2005, 10:03 PM »

I think Andy would go for an Adidas/Nike/Reebok deal if they offered him one. But I do think he likes Fred Perry a bit. I just wished they had other colours. The claret and light blue dont really do it for me
IP Logged
hulahoop
Seed

Home is where the heart is!

Fred Perry « Reply #26 on: November 17, 2005, 11:12 PM »

Quote from: "Sir Panda"
I think Andy would go for an Adidas/Nike/Reebok deal if they offered him one. But I do think he likes Fred Perry a bit. I just wished they had other colours. The claret and light blue dont really do it for me

Hey, when he gets to Britains' No 1, Fred Perry will be falling over themselves to accomodate his wishes. Nike and Adidas maybe not so much.

Whatever, the life of a tennis player is a relatively short one, so go with the one who gives you the most moolah.

I got shouted down on my US forum ( I know I keep on about it, but I'm finding I'm spending most of my time here, rather than there) for saying this, but there are so many sports icons signed to the big two that Andy may be better sticking to FP clothing.

Smile I'm sure that his lovely Mum, agent and the phenomenal Petch will guide him in the right decisions.

btw, I've had an apology from two Brits on the other forum when I launched a spirited defence of Petch. I've always rated him, thought he was someone with a really intelligent, no bull attitude to Tennis. I was so impressed with the work he did with his 2 girls he coached.

Very Happy I'm so pleased to be proved right.

Hopefully nobody is knocking the appointment of Petch now?

Unfortunately, my only gripe is that we have to endure more banalities from Barry Cowan on Sky Sports. It's a small sacrifice I suppose.
IP Logged
Sir Panda
Murraymaniac

Misunderstood genius.

Fred Perry « Reply #27 on: November 18, 2005, 04:07 PM »

Barry Cowan = horrible commentator. Him and that American lass are aggrevating!
IP Logged
Josh
Seed

Fred Perry « Reply #28 on: November 18, 2005, 04:29 PM »

I think Petch should do all the matches for Sky, and they should employ the BBC commentators as well.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Reply 
« previous next »