Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  French Open 2012 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 Go Down Reply
Author

French Open 2012

(Read 3998 times)
blueberryhill
World No 1

Re: French Open 2012 « Reply #30 on: May 25, 2012, 12:20 PM »

Yay! He's avoided the big hitters! In fact Fed's draw looks the worst.
IP Logged
Alis
ATP Level

Re: French Open 2012 « Reply #31 on: May 25, 2012, 12:33 PM »

Agreed - I'd much rather Andy had Ferrer in the quarters than Berdych and the first week looks not  too bad. 

What are the odds on Andy/Rafa, Djok/Fed being on the same side of the draw for 7 out of the the last 8 Majors - surely can't be pure coincidence!
IP Logged
batz

Re: French Open 2012 « Reply #32 on: May 25, 2012, 12:47 PM »

So what are the chances of Andy playing on Sunday?  There are 16 R1 matches to be played that day.  Hope Andy's one of them.
IP Logged
batz

Re: French Open 2012 « Reply #33 on: May 25, 2012, 12:50 PM »

Agreed - I'd much rather Andy had Ferrer in the quarters than Berdych and the first week looks not  too bad. 

What are the odds on Andy/Rafa, Djok/Fed being on the same side of the draw for 7 out of the the last 8 Majors - surely can't be pure coincidence!

If you tossed a coin 8 times and 7 times it said tails, would you think something was afoot?  I wouldn't.
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: French Open 2012 « Reply #34 on: May 25, 2012, 12:51 PM »

Good draw. Big surprise he's in Rafa's half tho'.. Rolling Eyes
Good to hear Andy was practising at RG straight after his exho yesterday. That sounds encouraging.
At the risk of causing anyone despair, I too share many others' views of having a more realistic expectation of Andy's chances at this tourney. He has publicly admitted an ongoing bothersome injury... therefore based on that information, his recent form, and the fact this is not his favourite surface, imho it is realistic to lower expectations. Realism.. not criticism.
The lad is under enough pressure as it is.
It would be a genuine thrill to see him do well here.... Good Luck Andy! clap
IP Logged
flowerpower
Challenger Level

Re: French Open 2012 « Reply #35 on: May 25, 2012, 01:05 PM »

[
[/quote]

Look at this article;

http://www.sportandeu.com/2011/10/sporteu-member-presents-incredible-statistics-about-grand-slam-tennis-tournaments/
IP Logged
backhandslice
Seed

You love my shenanigans. Admit it.

Re: French Open 2012 « Reply #36 on: May 25, 2012, 01:44 PM »

really pleased with the draw  It was inevitable that he would get nadal.  I believe  really nice article in the independent    cmonandy
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/tennis/frenchopen/9289779/French-Open-2012-Andy-Murray-faces-Japans-Tatsuma-Ito-in-opener-and-could-meet-Rafa-Nadal-in-semi-finals.html
IP Logged
Murray Magic
ATP Level

Andy "Braveheart" Murray

Re: French Open 2012 « Reply #37 on: May 25, 2012, 01:52 PM »

yay

ohnkiernan35 glad you have stuck with it and are remaining positive - together us positive MW posters will prevail lol !!

At first glance looks like a good draw in that he has avoided the big hitters.  Andy's back injury must be controllable or else he would have taken advice and pulled out.  Would love to see him pull some good results here and boost his confidence a wee bit and vindicate the negativity that has been thrown at him by the press etc.
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

Re: French Open 2012 « Reply #38 on: May 25, 2012, 02:03 PM »

I never give up on hope.  As Alexander Pope said: "Hope springs eternal..." yes
IP Logged
backhandslice
Seed

You love my shenanigans. Admit it.

Re: French Open 2012 « Reply #39 on: May 25, 2012, 02:04 PM »

yay

ohnkiernan35 glad you have stuck with it and are remaining positive - together us positive MW posters will prevail lol !!

At first glance looks like a good draw in that he has avoided the big hitters.  Andy's back injury must be controllable or else he would have taken advice and pulled out.  Would love to see him pull some good results here and boost his confidence a wee bit and vindicate the negativity that has been thrown at him by the press etc.

Fed has by far the hardest draw.. I don't see him making the semis  Very Happy   what has the old man done to deserve this ?!  lol  then Nadal... then Murray  and I think Nole has the easiest.  I'm so glad that Andy has avoided the big hitters.  At first I wasn't looking forward to RG  but now I am... I'm just going to be prepared if my expectations come crashing down before my very eyes   lol
IP Logged
michelle
Seed

Re: French Open 2012 « Reply #40 on: May 25, 2012, 02:31 PM »

Fed has by far the hardest draw.. I don't see him making the semis  Very Happy   what has the old man done to deserve this ?!  lol  then Nadal... then Murray  and I think Nole has the easiest.  I'm so glad that Andy has avoided the big hitters.  At first I wasn't looking forward to RG  but now I am... I'm just going to be prepared if my expectations come crashing down before my very eyes   lol
Believe, believe and we won't be disappointed. Judy Murray has tweeted that Andy is ripping shots on the Chartier Court in 30 degrees. I have a feeling that there will be some surprising results and the River could part for Andy so that he gets to the other side.
IP Logged
iamabritt
World No 1

Re: French Open 2012 « Reply #41 on: May 25, 2012, 02:41 PM »

Believe, believe and we won't be disappointed. Judy Murray has tweeted that Andy is ripping shots on the Chartier Court in 30 degrees. I have a feeling that there will be some surprising results and the River could part for Andy so that he gets to the other side.
Ok Michelle from your mouth to Gods ear.wouldn't that be great.
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

Re: French Open 2012 « Reply #42 on: May 25, 2012, 02:48 PM »

Judy Murray has tweeted that Andy is ripping shots on the Chartier Court in 30 degrees. I have a feeling that there will be some surprising results....
Thanks for that, here's hoping.
Sounds like he's practising with Cahill (aka 'Killer')

http://twitter.com/judmoo/status/205996991627530240/photo/1
IP Logged
Alis
ATP Level

Re: French Open 2012 « Reply #43 on: May 25, 2012, 03:03 PM »

If you tossed a coin 8 times and 7 times it said tails, would you think something was afoot?  I wouldn't.

Yes, I would - I'd use another coin!
IP Logged
LIBANY
Satellite Level

Connecting to multiple grand slams Murray!

Re: French Open 2012 « Reply #44 on: May 25, 2012, 03:26 PM »

Andy does not meet can be Gasquet could well be beaten by Dolgopolov ^ ^
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »