Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  French Open 2012 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 Go Down Reply
Author

French Open 2012

(Read 4649 times)
Murray Magic
ATP Level

Andy "Braveheart" Murray

Re: French Open 2012 « Reply #45 on: May 25, 2012, 03:46 PM »

I never give up on hope.  As Alexander Pope said: "Hope springs eternal..." yes

Scotnadian - I know you are one of the positive posters on here and never are negative for the sake of it but are very balanced in your views and opinions.  Sorry if you felt I was not recognising that when I replied to Johnkiernan re. the psotiive posts. 
We all have to stick together against the negativity !!!!!!   Have been reading some of Boogers posts on here today - all I can say is it is a good job Andy is not reading them or else he would not even bother getting out of bed for RG !!!!!!

Onwards and upwards - What time is it - it's MUZZA TIME....................
IP Logged
iamabritt
World No 1

Re: French Open 2012 « Reply #46 on: May 25, 2012, 03:53 PM »

Scotnadian - I know you are one of the positive posters on here and never are negative for the sake of it but are very balanced in your views and opinions.  Sorry if you felt I was not recognising that when I replied to Johnkiernan re. the psotiive posts. 
We all have to stick together against the negativity !!!!!!   Have been reading some of Boogers posts on here today - all I can say is it is a good job Andy is not reading them or else he would not even bother getting out of bed for RG !!!!!!

All the negativity seems to come out when we should be cheering him on.I am a glass half filled person ,not half empty.Andy will do just fine.As for Gasguet Andy will take care fo him.
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

Give me your JMac, Henman, Cash & 2 balls.

Re: French Open 2012 « Reply #47 on: May 25, 2012, 04:02 PM »

Thanks MM.. nae bother.. and wasnae really feeling that fae you in a' honesty.
Aye.. us Aberdonians hiv tae stick thigither an' a'.
Anytime is Muzza Time in my book. hug
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: French Open 2012 « Reply #48 on: May 25, 2012, 04:21 PM »

I'd feel a lot happier if Andy had beaten Gulbis.  Can't see how that defeat could give him any confidence but on the other hand it might just have the effect of spurring him on.  Andy does tend to save his best for Slams.  However his form has been so patchy this clay-court season, then unless this niggle has finally been resolved, my expectations for RG are low.  As always I'll do what Andy does - take one match at a time and wish him the best of luck. 
IP Logged
Alis
ATP Level

Re: French Open 2012 « Reply #49 on: May 25, 2012, 05:26 PM »

Boogers and his like are not worth bothering about MM.  C'mon Andy - sock it to them!!!!!
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: French Open 2012 « Reply #50 on: May 25, 2012, 05:38 PM »

Boogers and his like are not worth bothering about MM.  C'mon Andy - sock it to them!!!!!
I'm not being negative, just realistic, and live in the hope that Andy will do just that.  He's done it before.  The only real concern is how far his back is going to behave in longer and tougher matches on this surface.  He says it's "better than it was", which could mean anything or nothing, but the fact is that the other players are well aware of it and will take advantage of it accordingly, although I can't believe Andy and Lendl havn't worked out a strategy for this.  If it's only adversely affecting his serve, well Andy should know by now how he has to play to get round that!
IP Logged
benniebone
ATP Level

Re: French Open 2012 « Reply #51 on: May 25, 2012, 05:48 PM »

I never give up on hope.  As Alexander Pope said: "Hope springs eternal..." yes
I,m afraid in my case, I can cope with despair it is the hoping I can't stand
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

Re: French Open 2012 « Reply #52 on: May 25, 2012, 06:14 PM »

I,m afraid in my case, I can cope with despair it is the hoping I can't stand
Aww.. bennie... hug
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: French Open 2012 « Reply #53 on: May 25, 2012, 06:35 PM »

Well I feel slightly more cheerful having seen the draw.  And if he does play Gasquet, remember the latter tends to implode under the pressure of French expectations.
Andy has said he lacks match practice but hopefully he'll be able to use the early rounds to get it.  So much depends on how far his back really has healed and whether or not the fear of aggravating it inhibits his serve.  But I still go into this RG with low expectations because whatever the draw it's far from an ideal situation for our Andy.  Whatever happens I hope that it's not used as another stick with which to beat him because if he goes out early, noone will suffer more than he will.  But I hope I'm being unduly pessimistic and would be more than delighted to be proved wrong.  And remember this is partly psychological self-defence on my part!  w00t
IP Logged
batz

Re: French Open 2012 « Reply #54 on: May 25, 2012, 08:03 PM »

Andy won't be playing on Sunday - those matches will come from the top half of the draw.
IP Logged
Murray Magic
ATP Level

Andy "Braveheart" Murray

Re: French Open 2012 « Reply #55 on: May 25, 2012, 08:15 PM »

Just found out today that I have been signed off for 2 weeks following a barrow load of tests!!  So despite feeling ropey will be able to watch the FO so please Andy, do well and make me feel better.  Please don't raise my blood pressure tho',  somehow that's inevitable when you are a Murray Fan!!!
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

Re: French Open 2012 « Reply #56 on: May 25, 2012, 08:30 PM »

Sorry yer nae weel MM.... sending positive vibes from Toronto back to Aberdeen.... and I'll be holding your hand (metaphorically speaking) on the inevitable Murray-Coaster. hug
IP Logged
Murray Magic
ATP Level

Andy "Braveheart" Murray

Re: French Open 2012 « Reply #57 on: May 25, 2012, 08:34 PM »

Sorry yer nae weel MM.... sending positive vibes from Toronto back to Aberdeen.... and I'll be holding your hand (metaphorically speaking) on the inevitable Murray-Coaster. hug

Gee thanks Scotnadian will need something seen as drink is nae allowed now cos of the anti biotics that is usually what is required on the Murraycoaster!!!  Here's raising my metaphorical glass to a positive fortnight for oor Andy!!
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

Re: French Open 2012 « Reply #58 on: May 25, 2012, 08:49 PM »

At's an affa chav, min....
Ach well...hope it's nae too serious?.. and get well soon.
Beer's chillin' in fridge for you for later in 2 weeks time. Wink
IP Logged
Murray Magic
ATP Level

Andy "Braveheart" Murray

Re: French Open 2012 « Reply #59 on: May 25, 2012, 08:53 PM »

At's an affa chav, min....
Ach well...hope it's nae too serious?.. and get well soon.
Beer's chillin' in fridge for you for later in 2 weeks time. Wink

It's gonna be an awfa long two weeks!!!  But at least there's the tennis!!  Muzza time........
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »