Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Getting into top 100 for a bet 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Reply
Author

Getting into top 100 for a bet

(Read 510 times)
Quackers
Murraymaniac

Getting into top 100 for a bet « on: February 05, 2006, 08:12 AM »

I found this old article on Andy after Wimbledon and here are a few snippets from it.

He also wants to cash in on a bet wagered with the British players. Murray, Davis Cup doubles partner David Sherwood and fellow team-mates Alex Bogdanovic and Greg Rusedski have £100 each resting on which of the younger players is first to join Rusedski in the top 100. It says much about Murray's ambition and self-belief that he had worked out that he would be able to collect the winnings before leaving SW19 had he made it to the quarter-finals. Defeat at the hands of David Nalbandian, in the third round, means the Scot will have to wait a while longer, but not much if everything goes according to plan.

"If I am first I will get £300 but the best thing will be taking the money off the other guys! I would like to reach the top 100 before the end of this year. That was my goal and it's still my goal. But I will miss the atmosphere and it will be an adjustment after the crowds at Wimbledon," says the teenager, who thrived rather than buckled as the hype built and loves the adrenaline rush and pressure associated with the big matches.

"I think the first time I play Roddick, I'm going to stand on the back fence and return his serve," he said, joking but obviously undaunted enough to omit the word 'try' from the sentence. "I'm really looking forward to playing against the best players in the world. I've not really played against any top 100 players. You don't know how good you're going to be until you start beating them."

Murray may not have decided what to do with his Wimbledon earnings - "I'll probably buy some dvds and cds and maybe something for my mum if she's good!" - but he does know what he is going to do with the wealth of experience garnered.

For the full article: http://sport.scotsman.com/topics.cfm?tid=441&id=731892005
IP Logged
deedee
John McEnroe

Getting into top 100 for a bet « Reply #1 on: February 05, 2006, 09:28 AM »

Thanks for the article!!!
maybe something for my mum if she's good!
 roflmao
IP Logged
top_spin
Murraymaniac

Getting into top 100 for a bet « Reply #2 on: February 05, 2006, 04:17 PM »

"I think the first time I play Roddick, I'm going to stand on the back fence and return his serve,"

roflmao

He's hilarious notworthy
IP Logged
Pages: [1] Go Up Reply 
« previous next »