Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  GOOD LUCK ON YOUR BACK SURGERY, ANDY! 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 10 Go Down Reply
Author

GOOD LUCK ON YOUR BACK SURGERY, ANDY!

(Read 6084 times)
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: GOOD LUCK ON YOUR BACK SURGERY, ANDY! « Reply #15 on: September 23, 2013, 01:09 PM »

Yes we wish you all the best Andy and hope your operation is a success. Take care and don't rush to get back take your time. We look forward to the new year and your return to tennis.
IP Logged
merlynne

Re: GOOD LUCK ON YOUR BACK SURGERY, ANDY! « Reply #16 on: September 23, 2013, 04:35 PM »

My feelings exactly  hug
I'm sure Maggie and Rusty will spend their time snuggled up to him and be ready for their walks with him to help him get back to speed.
[/quoteThere is the silver lining . A lovely thought of spending more time with Kim and Maggie and Rusty. We all look forward to seeing you back on the courts when you are ready and rested.
IP Logged
deb
Seed

I'd like to be impartial, but I can't!

Re: GOOD LUCK ON YOUR BACK SURGERY, ANDY! « Reply #17 on: September 23, 2013, 05:18 PM »

All the very best Andy, hope it's a speedy recovery
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: GOOD LUCK ON YOUR BACK SURGERY, ANDY! « Reply #18 on: September 23, 2013, 05:19 PM »

Andy - I'm thinking about you and hope that everything went well for you today and that you make a speedy recovery.  But please try not to rush things, although I'm sure you'll be sensible about it, even if you will feel frustrated at times.  Like all of us on here I look forward to seeing you100% fit and playing pain-free tennis next season.

Meanwhile enjoy your computer games and the time you will be able to spend with Kim, Maggie and Rusty, and the company of your many friends.
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: GOOD LUCK ON YOUR BACK SURGERY, ANDY! « Reply #19 on: September 23, 2013, 05:45 PM »

Nothing confirmed yet, but iloveandymurray says she has a reliable source. Smile

I Love Andy Murray ‏@Iloveandymurray  16m 
@poppyforest @BadToss @withanryn a little bird told me he's ok, op went well Smile

Love Andy Murray ‏@Iloveandymurray  10m 
@NeadOB @poppyforest @BadToss @withanryn couple of days in hospital and that's all. This little bird is very reliable Wink
IP Logged
treggers

Re: GOOD LUCK ON YOUR BACK SURGERY, ANDY! « Reply #20 on: September 23, 2013, 05:47 PM »

Andy, have a speedy recovery. I am looking forward to you becoming the best tennis player of all time. Mat
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: GOOD LUCK ON YOUR BACK SURGERY, ANDY! « Reply #21 on: September 23, 2013, 05:55 PM »

Nothing confirmed yet, but iloveandymurray says she has a reliable source. Smile

@poppyforest @BadToss @withanryn a little bird told me he's ok, op went well Smile

@NeadOB @poppyforest @BadToss @withanryn couple of days in hospital and that's all. This little bird is very reliable Wink

So he's having to spend two days in hospital.  Actually I'm quite glad since I wasn't too keen on the idea of him being sent home the same day as the op.  Also he'll be in a comfortable private suite which will be less restrictive and much more pleasant than an NHS ward.

I hope said little bird really is reliable and that the op did go well, although to be honest I won't be happy until I hear something from Andy himself or a definite confirmation of the situation.
[ Last edit by Aileen September 23, 2013, 06:17 PM ] IP Logged
*Sparkle*
Challenger Level

Re: GOOD LUCK ON YOUR BACK SURGERY, ANDY! « Reply #22 on: September 23, 2013, 06:13 PM »

Judy's been tweeting about going to see the new Irvine Welsh film tonight, so she's presumably not too worried.  I'd take that as a roundabout way of letting people know everything's fine. Smile
IP Logged
blueberryhill
World No 1

Re: GOOD LUCK ON YOUR BACK SURGERY, ANDY! « Reply #23 on: September 23, 2013, 06:17 PM »

Glad op went well  wub
Not a day job then Think but is in the best place possible.....and wont be able to shovel any snow...Wink
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: GOOD LUCK ON YOUR BACK SURGERY, ANDY! « Reply #24 on: September 23, 2013, 06:18 PM »

Thanks Sparkle.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: GOOD LUCK ON YOUR BACK SURGERY, ANDY! « Reply #25 on: September 23, 2013, 06:26 PM »

Glad op went well  wub
Not a day job then Think but is in the best place possible.....and wont be able to shovel any snow...Wink
BBH I had a feeling this wouldn't be a day job, certainly not for somebody in Andy's position.  Private hospitals don't turf patients out like they do on the NHS.  Also it's best that he has time to get over the effects of the GA and the procedure in a medical environment.  He might require very strong painkillers for a day or two as well.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: GOOD LUCK ON YOUR BACK SURGERY, ANDY! « Reply #26 on: September 23, 2013, 06:41 PM »

A rumour that the surgery went well is probably the best we can hope for at this point. I was thinking earlier that we'd probably only hear something definite if things hadn't gone well - I was working with the theory that no news very often tends to be good news.

If it's right that Andy does have to stay in for a couple of days I'm quite pleased. It will take away any possible chance of him trying to do too much immediately and enforce some rest on him for a day or two at least.

At least we know the surgery is over now, which is a start. I'll feel a bit happier once we hear something from Andy or from someone with some inside knowledge, but a rumour of good news will more than do for now.

If Judy is going to see a film tonight it suggests she's not too anxious, which has to be a good sign. So far so good by the sounds of it.

IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: GOOD LUCK ON YOUR BACK SURGERY, ANDY! « Reply #27 on: September 23, 2013, 06:51 PM »

BBH I had a feeling this wouldn't be a day job, certainly not for somebody in Andy's position.  Private hospitals don't turf patients out like they do on the NHS.  Also it's best that he has time to get over the effects of the GA and the procedure in a medical environment.  He might require very strong painkillers for a day or two as well.

Aileen, just out of interest, I was reading something a bit earlier about microdiscectomy procedures, which is what Andy is rumoured to have had. It said that patients having a  microdisectomy don't always have a general anaesthetic. I was quite irrationally relieved about that because in my experience of surgeries the GA was always the most vile bit, it used to take me days to get over that, let alone whatever surgery I'd had. Andy is fit, which helps, and GA's have improved somewhat since I last had a surgery, but still. They are not nice.

What I don't recall is the thing I read saying what anaesthetic could have been used instead, but my limited knowledge of medical procedures latched on to an epidural or something like that, which could take a few days to get over in itself, if it is the case. Let's just say that if Andy did have an epidural he won't be going anywhere this evening, which won't do him any harm at all.
IP Logged
Katie
ATP Level

Andy Murray - US Open and Wimbledon champion! :)

Re: GOOD LUCK ON YOUR BACK SURGERY, ANDY! « Reply #28 on: September 23, 2013, 07:06 PM »

That's good to know, thanks for the info. Smile Hope he recovers well from the surgery - I'm sure the hospital will take very good care of him.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: GOOD LUCK ON YOUR BACK SURGERY, ANDY! « Reply #29 on: September 23, 2013, 07:11 PM »

thanks for starting this thread Linda.  I do hope the rumours that all went well are well founded.  This is probably a good time for Andy to be taking time out -after all the likes of Mac were recommending he took rest of year off.  If the op really does sort out the problem what a release for Andy to know he´ll be able to play without the constant worry of back pain (which can be excruciatingly awful).   
So from my hols in Northern Spain  Andy I send you all very best wishes for a speedy recovery that leads to you then going from strength to strength.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 10 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »