Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs Novak Djokovic, Friday, Time - 6:30pm GMT - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  GOOD LUCK ON YOUR BACK SURGERY, ANDY! 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 Go Down Reply
Author

GOOD LUCK ON YOUR BACK SURGERY, ANDY!

(Read 6820 times)
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: GOOD LUCK ON YOUR BACK SURGERY, ANDY! « Reply #120 on: September 24, 2013, 11:56 PM »

Of course, I am here after all.

You're shite.
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: GOOD LUCK ON YOUR BACK SURGERY, ANDY! « Reply #121 on: September 25, 2013, 02:59 AM »

Dear Andy,
If you are reading this wave, on behalf MurraysWorld please accept my apologies for a few inappropriate remarks by some of the usual suspects here.

They know who they are.

You are going to feel a bit more stiff tomorrow, but it's a good feeling because it's part of the healing process.
IP Logged
tamila
Challenger Level

Re: GOOD LUCK ON YOUR BACK SURGERY, ANDY! « Reply #122 on: September 25, 2013, 06:46 AM »

I had a hip replacement 9 months ago and they have you up and walking, climbing stairs etc. the very next day. My recovery was so quick but the other hip became increasingly worse so now I have to have another one.  I was cycling in the physio sessions, with the saddle very high, only 10 days after the op. They said the recovery was quite quick as my muscles were very strong as I had exercised up until the op.  Hopefully this will be Andy's 'saving grace'.
IP Logged
robbie
Top Seed

Your goals minus your doubts equal your reality

Re: GOOD LUCK ON YOUR BACK SURGERY, ANDY! « Reply #123 on: September 25, 2013, 07:02 AM »

You are going to feel a bit more stiff tomorrow, but it's a good feeling
shutup
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: GOOD LUCK ON YOUR BACK SURGERY, ANDY! « Reply #124 on: September 25, 2013, 02:41 PM »

^ lmao
IP Logged
Masaka
ATP Level

Re: GOOD LUCK ON YOUR BACK SURGERY, ANDY! « Reply #125 on: September 25, 2013, 03:04 PM »

I had a hip replacement 9 months ago and they have you up and walking, climbing stairs etc. the very next day. My recovery was so quick but the other hip became increasingly worse so now I have to have another one.  I was cycling in the physio sessions, with the saddle very high, only 10 days after the op. They said the recovery was quite quick as my muscles were very strong as I had exercised up until the op.  Hopefully this will be Andy's 'saving grace'.

I think the pre-existing fitness is a key point. In my case because the rest of my joints are wrecked because of my rheumatoid, 5 months after my hip revision (replacement of a worn out hip replacement), I still needed one crutch to mobilise.

I wouldn't be totally surprised to see Mr M appear and play a match or two at the WTF.  Who knows, given non of us actually know what has been done? It's all supposition.
What I am sure of is he will follow advice. He will want this sorted properly.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: GOOD LUCK ON YOUR BACK SURGERY, ANDY! « Reply #126 on: September 25, 2013, 04:24 PM »

I think the pre-existing fitness is a key point. In my case because the rest of my joints are wrecked because of my rheumatoid, 5 months after my hip revision (replacement of a worn out hip replacement), I still needed one crutch to mobilise.

I wouldn't be totally surprised to see Mr M appear and play a match or two at the WTF.  Who knows, given non of us actually know what has been done? It's all supposition.
What I am sure of is he will follow advice. He will want this sorted properly.
I think the important thing to remember here is that this was an operation which, it's generally understood, involved a spinal nerve, and it's the very delicate nerve aspect which is so crucial.  If it's been trapped it might have suffered some damage, and so will need time to heal, and, although it will now be free, it will also be sensitive, so trying to push things too hard could cause it to flare up, which would only impede healing and recovery.

The fact that Andy is already very fit should be of considerable help, but that doesn't mean that things can be rushed.

In this connection, please see excerpts from an article written by a sports physio in The Tennis Space which I've posted on the Recovery thread, which explains all this.  Also the article can be read in full on - http://www.thetennisspace.com/tennis-physio-murrays-back-surgery-doesnt-surprise-me/

[ Last edit by Aileen September 25, 2013, 09:54 PM ] IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: GOOD LUCK ON YOUR BACK SURGERY, ANDY! « Reply #127 on: September 25, 2013, 07:08 PM »

The thing is.....Andy's a smart guy! I for one, am going to trust that he won't come back before he's good and ready, but when that will be.......we'll just have to wait and see!
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: GOOD LUCK ON YOUR BACK SURGERY, ANDY! « Reply #128 on: September 25, 2013, 07:50 PM »

shutup

You make it too easy for me, Robbie. wink
IP Logged
*Sparkle*
Challenger Level

Re: GOOD LUCK ON YOUR BACK SURGERY, ANDY! « Reply #129 on: September 26, 2013, 10:34 PM »

I noticed Judy refused to be drawn on the exact nature of Andy surgery, but did say it was a three hour operation, and it would take a couple of weeks before he'd be mobile again.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: GOOD LUCK ON YOUR BACK SURGERY, ANDY! « Reply #130 on: September 27, 2013, 03:14 AM »

I noticed Judy refused to be drawn on the exact nature of Andy surgery, but did say it was a three hour operation, and it would take a couple of weeks before he'd be mobile again.
3 hours!  That sounds as though this op wasn't as 'minor' as we were all lead to believe it might be.  I understand that she also said that Andy can barely move, but was much chirpier yesterday.
IP Logged
*Sparkle*
Challenger Level

Re: GOOD LUCK ON YOUR BACK SURGERY, ANDY! « Reply #131 on: September 27, 2013, 08:27 AM »

Yes, but this is also the person who described his back as "a bit sore" when asked about it a week earlier. Whistle
IP Logged
flowerpower
Challenger Level

Let your racket do the talking

Re: GOOD LUCK ON YOUR BACK SURGERY, ANDY! « Reply #132 on: September 27, 2013, 11:18 AM »

Judy on twitter:

Me to my invalid son this morning : "can I do anything 4 u?" Him : " well u can stop talking. That always helps.". Yup, he's on the mend.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: GOOD LUCK ON YOUR BACK SURGERY, ANDY! « Reply #133 on: September 27, 2013, 11:51 AM »

I think it's in the nature of most sportsmen to play down injuries, but I think it's been clear for a while that Andy had more than a niggle going on.

I'm a bit shocked the procedure was that long. I know it was a back op, but still. Minor surgeries don't take three hours. I've had neurosurgery on my head (more than once) that didn't take three hours.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: GOOD LUCK ON YOUR BACK SURGERY, ANDY! « Reply #134 on: September 27, 2013, 04:29 PM »

I think it's in the nature of most sportsmen to play down injuries, but I think it's been clear for a while that Andy had more than a niggle going on.

I'm a bit shocked the procedure was that long. I know it was a back op, but still. Minor surgeries don't take three hours. I've had neurosurgery on my head (more than once) that didn't take three hours.
I was too, but as Judy is refusing to divulge the nature of the op, I suppose we're unlikely to find out, because Andy certainly won't tell us and probably told his Mum not to either.  I just hope that what the surgeon finally discovered and treated hasn't come as a shock to Andy because he seemed to be so clear in his mind about going to Miami, even if it might be a little later than usual, although I realise he was trying to be positive about things and setting himself a goal as well.

Andy did mutter something about a trapped nerve in an interview during the 2012 AO, and the symptoms he's displayed since then made some sort of sense but didn't entirely fit the ones I'd looked at onlineg.  Did he experience tingling in his left leg, for one thing?  Muscle weakness in the legs can also be a symptom, so was it that that made Andy's movement round the court a bit sluggish at times?

I think we should take the positive ourselves, because if the problem had been really serious he wouldn't have been able to play at all.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »