Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs Kevin Anderson, Friday, Time: 12 noon BST - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Has Andy Retired? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Reply
Author

Has Andy Retired?

(Read 1263 times)
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Has Andy Retired? « Reply #15 on: August 02, 2011, 12:38 PM »

Some of those reports on Bleacher are very poor and are aimed at getting maximum reaction from people.   
I stopped reading Bleacher a while ago.  The articles are more often than not written by "contributors", i.e. people who are simply armchair critics giving vent to their personal opinions.
IP Logged
David
Satellite Level

Re: Has Andy Retired? « Reply #16 on: August 02, 2011, 03:42 PM »

"Changing the subject just slightly Good on Serena winning her second comeback tournament (stanford)."

I was hoping that 'grunt' would have retired by now!
IP Logged
David
Satellite Level

Re: Has Andy Retired? « Reply #17 on: August 02, 2011, 03:43 PM »

"Andy has been practising for 4 hours in the heat, as well as his other fitness training. Hardly think this is time off. Go onto his facebook and you will be able to see a short video of his training"

I don't think I will...it'll make my puny swimming look like I'm a couch potato! Wink
IP Logged
blueberryhill
World No 1

Re: Has Andy Retired? « Reply #18 on: August 03, 2011, 12:34 PM »

One of the best players to have never won a slam...

Don't u think a better contender, at the moment  for this dubious award, is Nalbandian? He is much older than Andy for starters.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Has Andy Retired? « Reply #19 on: August 03, 2011, 03:49 PM »

Don't quite know where to put this info., so
article on Bleacher saying if Andy and Rafa are on opposite sides of the draw, one of them will win USOpen. If they are on the same side, Novak will likely win.
But another one puts Andy at the TOP of 10 most over-rated players. Roddick is second and list includes Isner and Querry!!!  shocking
Obviously written by a Yank, but honestly the red mist descended when I read that and hasn't lifted Boxing
I've found Bleachers increasingly irritating.  And recently trying to open one ended up with me getting a trojan or something on my pc and having to spend alot of money to sort it. I realise it was probably a coincidence but it's made me wary and I really don't need to read any more negative stuff about Andy.
I think it makes a lot of sense for the big 4 not to play tournaments in July. 
Does anyone know if Cahill is spending any time with Andy during this training period? I'm not on facebook so don't think I can check it out there.
IP Logged
bes03_philippines
Satellite Level

game, set, match!

Re: Has Andy Retired? « Reply #20 on: August 03, 2011, 04:05 PM »

haha. totally ridic idea.
IP Logged
iamabritt
World No 1

Re: Has Andy Retired? « Reply #21 on: August 03, 2011, 04:41 PM »

I've found Bleachers increasingly irritating.  And recently trying to open one ended up with me getting a trojan or something on my pc and having to spend alot of money to sort it. I realise it was probably a coincidence but it's made me wary and I really don't need to read any more negative stuff about Andy.
I think it makes a lot of sense for the big 4 not to play tournaments in July. 
Does anyone know if Cahill is spending any time with Andy during this training period? I'm not on facebook so don't think I can check it out there.
Hey Ruthie i have heard Cahill commentating on the tennis channel a couple of time ,didn't sound like he was in Miami.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Re: Has Andy Retired? « Reply #22 on: August 03, 2011, 06:31 PM »

Hey Ruthie i have heard Cahill commentating on the tennis channel a couple of time ,didn't sound like he was in Miami.
Thanks ia mabritt- that's disappointing as I'm sure Andy said a while back that he would spend this time with Cahill and indeed had said he'd be willing to go to him if he wouldn't come to Miami.  I do sense that Cahill is good for him so the more time they can spend together the better in my book.
IP Logged
iamabritt
World No 1

Re: Has Andy Retired? « Reply #23 on: August 03, 2011, 07:02 PM »

Thanks ia mabritt- that's disappointing as I'm sure Andy said a while back that he would spend this time with Cahill and indeed had said he'd be willing to go to him if he wouldn't come to Miami.  I do sense that Cahill is good for him so the more time they can spend together the better in my book.
He (cahill) does have a twitter account.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Has Andy Retired? « Reply #24 on: August 04, 2011, 12:43 AM »

Don't u think a better contender, at the moment  for this dubious award, is Nalbandian? He is much older than Andy for starters.
I think Nalby has already been nominated for this particular "honour".

Checked out am.com, which, as usual, is refusing to open up what appear to be links to reports ...Rolling Eyes  What an infuriating website!  But from their latest update, timed at 11:51 pm yesterday, Andy was still in Miami.  It's just possible he may have to make do with Sven Groeneveld, who steered him through Wimbledon.  Unfortunately he's in no position to be choosy as to which Adidas coach he has.

However, I've sneakily signed up to have their Newsletter (this is something new, by the way) sent to my email account, and hope to receive something soon, so perhaps we may learn something from that. secret service agent
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: Has Andy Retired? « Reply #25 on: August 04, 2011, 06:21 AM »

Good onya Aileen! w00t
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Re: Has Andy Retired? « Reply #26 on: August 04, 2011, 06:57 PM »

I think Nalby has already been nominated for this particular "honour".
Checked out am.com, which, as usual, is refusing to open up what appear to be links to reports ...Rolling Eyes  What an infuriating website!  But from their latest update, timed at 11:51 pm yesterday, Andy was still in Miami.  It's just possible he may have to make do with Sven Groeneveld, who steered him through Wimbledon.  Unfortunately he's in no position to be choosy as to which Adidas coach he has.

However, I've sneakily signed up to have their Newsletter (this is something new, by the way) sent to my email account, and hope to receive something soon, so perhaps we may learn something from that. secret service agent

Don't hold your breath Aileen.  w00t I don't think it's that new.  I've signed up twice months ago and have not had anything from them.  It's as infuriating as the website!  Do let me know if you get anything and I'll try again on the principle of 3rd time lucky.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Has Andy Retired? « Reply #27 on: August 06, 2011, 01:39 AM »

Don't hold your breath Aileen.  w00t I don't think it's that new.  I've signed up twice months ago and have not had anything from them.  It's as infuriating as the website!  Do let me know if you get anything and I'll try again on the principle of 3rd time lucky.
Thanks for the warning.  Nothing received so far.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Reply 
« previous next »