Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs Novak Djokovic, Friday, Time - 6:30pm GMT - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  How did you guys find out about Andy Murray? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Down Reply
Author

How did you guys find out about Andy Murray?

(Read 2593 times)
AndyMurrayGayFan

The Hot Andy Murray! Look at his body!

How did you guys find out about Andy Murray? « on: July 09, 2013, 09:59 PM »

How did u guys find out about murray?
I found him out because I was watching the olympics and i thought he was good and he inspired me! And I just liked him ever since!
What about you guys?
[ Last edit by Mark July 09, 2013, 10:02 PM ] IP Logged
Connor
John McEnroe

Re: How did you guys find out about Andy Murray? « Reply #1 on: July 09, 2013, 10:03 PM »

Queens 2005. One of his first tournaments on the ATP Tour.
IP Logged
Rachie
Seed

Re: How did you guys find out about Andy Murray? « Reply #2 on: July 09, 2013, 10:11 PM »

I heard about him in 2004 just on news when he won junior US open it sounds bad but i dont remember the first match i watched. probably queens 2005?

I remember his Wimby 2005 very well though, and would say i became a fan during that.
IP Logged
wimbledonwestie
ATP Level

Re: How did you guys find out about Andy Murray? « Reply #3 on: July 09, 2013, 10:52 PM »

Read about him a few times in Scottish press and tennis mags from when he was about 10, 11 - often as a tag on to a story about jamie who was promising junior and that wee bit older. Kept an eye out all that time though notr much in the press till he won US juniors - so deffo a life long fan, been through it all.
IP Logged
invisibleman18
World No 1

MW 2006 Fantasy WC & Prediction League Champion

Re: How did you guys find out about Andy Murray? « Reply #4 on: July 09, 2013, 10:55 PM »

For me it was when he won the 2004 junior US Open. I didn't know there was a good British prospect coming through before that. Followed his progress over the next year, got a chance to meet him when he came to NZ for the Auckland tournament before the Australian Open in 2006 and found this place at the same time. Been along for the ride ever since.
IP Logged
backhandslice
Seed

You love my shenanigans. Admit it.

Re: How did you guys find out about Andy Murray? « Reply #5 on: July 09, 2013, 10:57 PM »

Wimbledon in 2009 and I've been a fan of him ever since. 
IP Logged
Tessie
ATP Level

Re: How did you guys find out about Andy Murray? « Reply #6 on: July 09, 2013, 11:02 PM »

Saw him play McEnroe at wembly only 1 set and he lost 6 1.  He was 16ish.
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: How did you guys find out about Andy Murray? « Reply #7 on: July 09, 2013, 11:04 PM »

When I first visited MurraysWorld
IP Logged
Mackem
Futures Level

Re: How did you guys find out about Andy Murray? « Reply #8 on: July 09, 2013, 11:12 PM »

Can't exactly remember but it was a few years ago now - maybe 2001 - whatever year he won Orangebowl in Florida cos it was reported in some tennis bulletin in our tennis club.  But, whenever it was exactly - thankyou thankyou thankyou - what a ride it's been!!
IP Logged
Mackem
Futures Level

Re: How did you guys find out about Andy Murray? « Reply #9 on: July 09, 2013, 11:14 PM »

Just checked - twas 1999 - wow, 14 years ago.  Hope there's some young players out there we haven't heard of yet who might be just as good as Andy.
IP Logged
Tennis-Player
ATP Level

Re: How did you guys find out about Andy Murray? « Reply #10 on: July 10, 2013, 02:08 AM »

I heard of him at the time of his US Open Juniors win in 2004 but it was during Queens and Wimbledon in 2005 that I really started to pay close attention (is that REALLY 8 years ago?!)

I've pretty much followed him every tournament since then - and what a ride it has been! I have some great memories of seeing him break through on the tour, getting to his first final and winning his first title.

That first Wimbledon in 2005 was particularly memorable. It was easy to see that he was something special and destined to win grand slams.

It's weird but I've never met Andy, yet somehow I feel like I know him. He really is just an ordinary humble guy with an extraordinary talent.

[ Last edit by Tennis-Player July 10, 2013, 02:14 AM ] IP Logged
blueberryhill
World No 1

Re: How did you guys find out about Andy Murray? « Reply #11 on: July 10, 2013, 06:27 AM »

First noticed:Junior USOpen
Fell totally in love at this moment : Nalbandian match at Wimbledon. I remember how shocked I was- a British player who seemed to want to win Whistle
IP Logged
tamila
Challenger Level

Re: How did you guys find out about Andy Murray? « Reply #12 on: July 10, 2013, 06:35 AM »

Heard about him hen he won the Junior USO and followed him off and on since.  Only began to really follow him 6 or 7 years ago when I was at home some of the time.  I have followed tennis for many years as my father and aunt were very keen followers.  They both played tennis very seriously and my father was an umpire.
IP Logged
michelle
Seed

Re: How did you guys find out about Andy Murray? « Reply #13 on: July 10, 2013, 07:55 AM »

Since he I watched him play against Nalbandian in Wimbledon, he seemed to have so much talent and able to produce nearly every stroke in the book and some that were mind boggling.
IP Logged
Kavanaugh
Satellite Level

Re: How did you guys find out about Andy Murray? « Reply #14 on: July 10, 2013, 08:46 AM »

I'm embarrassed to admit it but my first experience re: Murray was not a positive one.  I was a massive Henman fan (still am, think he's lovely) and resented (as I saw it) the upstart trying to push him off the world stage - I thought he was a grumpy bugger as well I'm afraid. 

I can't really say what changed my mind, but I do love my tennis - prior to Henman, I followed Agassi, and I was used to watching tennis all year round - so when this 'upstart' kept popping up all over the tour, playing Agassi-like tennis (a style I have always loved to watch), the more I watched him the more I realised how wrong I'd been in my assessment of his character, and fell in love with his game, which has always felt like very fast and extremely physical chess to me.  I like tennis that shows thought behind it, not just brute force.

Also he's the same age as my baby brother, and I swear in certain lights there's a resemblance, both in character and appearance.  I gradually got to feel increasingly protective about Andy, almost as though I was watching my brother under the spotlight, until before I knew it it wasn't just an interest, it was a passion.  I've been living and dying through Andy's matches for years now, increasingly ashamed of having been so quick to judge him at the start.

IP Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »