Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs David Ferrer, Saturday, Time: 2pm BST - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  How did you guys find out about Andy Murray? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Down Reply
Author

How did you guys find out about Andy Murray?

(Read 2493 times)
sidtypical
Challenger Level

grrr...

Re: How did you guys find out about Andy Murray? « Reply #45 on: July 11, 2013, 10:45 PM »

^^Ah I missed it Elena. I must try to catch up
IP Logged
laundry
Top Seed

Re: How did you guys find out about Andy Murray? « Reply #46 on: July 12, 2013, 03:27 AM »

Who's Andy Murray?
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: How did you guys find out about Andy Murray? « Reply #47 on: July 23, 2013, 07:32 PM »

Just discovered this thread.  I think I first became aware of Andy Wimbledon 2006.  Was amazed by this gangly Scottish youth who looked like he'd wandered off the set of Gregory's Girl playing such great tennis.  I'd gone off tennis during the  Sampras era, though was an Agassi fan.  Oddly I can't remember the moment I really climbed aboard the roller coaster and became hooked. All I know is that gradually his matches became more and more important to me and I remember the disappointment when he injured his wrist (though I wasn't as upset as I would be now).  And I joined MW during one of his post-AO slumps after he'd been booed at Monte Carlo by which time I was well and truly hooked.
IP Logged
Fiverings
ATP Level

Andy Murray - Tennis Legend

Re: How did you guys find out about Andy Murray? « Reply #48 on: July 23, 2013, 08:03 PM »

I think I first became aware of Andy Wimbledon 2006.  Was amazed by this gangly Scottish youth who looked like he'd wandered off the set of Gregory's Girl playing such great tennis. 
He is a bit John Gordon Sinclair, isn't he? Well spotted!
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: How did you guys find out about Andy Murray? « Reply #49 on: July 24, 2013, 08:47 AM »

was rather than is fiverings!
IP Logged
Fiverings
ATP Level

Andy Murray - Tennis Legend

Re: How did you guys find out about Andy Murray? « Reply #50 on: July 24, 2013, 11:04 AM »

was rather than is fiverings!
  True!  He's more like Jean Claude van Damme now.
IP Logged
dave_ladder
Junior

Re: How did you guys find out about Andy Murray? « Reply #51 on: July 24, 2013, 11:53 PM »

I think one of the nice things about Murray is the way that almost as soon as he turned professional everyone got to know him through Queens and Wimbledon in 2005. He wasn't one of these players who floundered on the tour for a few years before people started to pay attention, it was obvious right from Queens that he was something special and because it was televised on the BBC everyone saw it.

I mean sure, by the evidence of this thread some people had heard of him before that, but it's hard to really follow someone who only plays Futures and Challengers, far less on the Juniors.

IP Logged
hugoagogo69
Satellite Level

Re: How did you guys find out about Andy Murray? « Reply #52 on: July 25, 2013, 01:46 AM »

I admit when i heard Andy was Scottish & also from Perthshire, that was notice enough from me. At the time, to think a young laddie from Scotland would win Wimbledon one day was like saying St Mirren would win the champions league . I remember telling people about Andy & i would get this look of disbelief.
Makes the past year all the more sweeter!!!
[ Last edit by hugoagogo69 July 25, 2013, 01:18 PM ] IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: How did you guys find out about Andy Murray? « Reply #53 on: July 25, 2013, 12:59 PM »

I must admit I only knew about Andy when I watched Wimbledon I knew nothing about him till then. It was a bonus to me because he is Scottish as you will know Scotland is not known for producing tennis players. I was hooked and that was it. I have watched a skinny young man become a great tennis player. I when through the bad patches and felt his hurt and cried when he did too. After winning the US Open I was so happy for him and winning Wimbledon was so great and I am sure he will win more GS. I was so so happy that the Wimbledon crowd got behind him and cheered him on to victory.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Up Reply 
« previous next »