Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  How many slams? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 13 Go Down Reply
Author

How many slams?

(Read 7299 times)
theycanbillme
ATP Level

Re: How many slams? « Reply #15 on: September 11, 2012, 11:26 AM »

7 minimum.
He'll go down as one of the greats.
Yes he's a late bloomer but now king kong is off his back there will be no stopping him.
He's got to be joint favourite with Novak for the AO, his best surface and Wimbledon could be his too. it depends how long Rafa lasts to an extent although he gets closer and closer on the grass.
Cant believe yesterday happened, so very ******* please for him.
And relieved.
IP Logged
vinny

Re: How many slams? « Reply #16 on: September 11, 2012, 04:33 PM »

Andy becomes even more lethal opponent when plays without nerves , now he's got a reason so don't be surprised if you witness complete routing of djoko & company in any slam.
IP Logged
Grabcopy
Veteran

I know I'm paranoid. But am I paranoid enough?

Re: How many slams? « Reply #17 on: September 11, 2012, 04:36 PM »

Actually, there's no one coming through, is there? The Joker and Andy could mop up over the next four years.
IP Logged
theycanbillme
ATP Level

Re: How many slams? « Reply #18 on: September 11, 2012, 04:39 PM »

Actually, there's no one coming through, is there? The Joker and Andy could mop up over the next four years.

Unless you consider Raonic and harrison someone, with a few minor tournaments and already in their 20's, theyre going to be even later bloomers if they get slam success at all.
Andy's mental fortitude and fighting spirit this summer has been extraordinary, he has made about 10 breakthroughs over the last 2 months.
The only place I think any of them can hide is on the clay.
If he plays smart he could be winning slams in his early 30's still.
[ Last edit by theycanbillme September 11, 2012, 04:45 PM ] IP Logged
drchef
Challenger Level

"Corey, Trevor.....Smokes, let's go!"

Re: How many slams? « Reply #19 on: September 11, 2012, 04:59 PM »

5 for me
IP Logged
what
Challenger Level

Re: How many slams? « Reply #20 on: September 11, 2012, 05:20 PM »

The key fact could be that now the top guys as Djokovic are gonna be quite afraid of Andy. He wasn't playing his best last night and still managed to beat Djokovic. That's frightening. #evil
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: How many slams? « Reply #21 on: September 11, 2012, 05:20 PM »

Hi All,

Before the US I would have said that Andy would win 4 or five slams once he'd got the first one. I should also say that my feeling has always been that the US would be the first, because it is outside of the madness he endures at Wimbledon. I hope Lendl tells the press to get stuffed more next year, or tells them to leave Andy alone on the practice courts.

Now he has won the US and the Olympics, my feeling is that the sky is the limit. 25 in this era isn't old. If Andy stays fit he could still be playing in to his thirties. That represents a lot of chances to win majors.

I think at least one Wimbledon win is on the cards, and he can definitely win Australia and the US (again!).

My own personal feeling is that Nadal and Federer will probably be gone in the next year or two. Federer's having a laugh if he thinks he will still be playing in 2016, at least in terms of the majors. I suspect Nadal's injury issues will stop him at some point, and that it will be an abrupt stop. I just don't see anyone below Andy and Djokovic winning majors in the absence of Nadal and Federer. Ferrer will be gone in the next few years. I wonder whether Tsonga has really got what it takes. Maybe Berdych could surprise a few, if he can stay in his pram long enough, horrible man, but somehow I can't see him being consistent enough. Raonic is still in development, a long way off.

I wouldn't like to put a number on it, but I suspect that very soon Andy and Djokovic will be sharing out the big prizes. However many it is, I am certain Andy will win multiple majors before he retires.
IP Logged
Grabcopy
Veteran

I know I'm paranoid. But am I paranoid enough?

Re: How many slams? « Reply #22 on: September 11, 2012, 05:26 PM »

Forget Raonic. He's just not a factor. He's a serve and a smile.
IP Logged
Rachie
Seed

Re: How many slams? « Reply #23 on: September 11, 2012, 05:34 PM »

Probably a few i mean who to challenge him besides Novak really? fed and rafa being the other 2 who will undoubtably have some great runs, but both past their peak and Poor Rafa is pretty hampered on HCs lately.

He might lose to Berdych/Potro/Tsonga in the QFs of a HC slam, Fed/Rafa/Novak in the Sfs - other than that he's free reign until the next big thing turns up.
I'll go for 6!

I dont care though - not at all!! As long as he gets one Wimby i'm fine he's achieved what i wanted him to.
IP Logged
backhandslice
Seed

You love my shenanigans. Admit it.

Re: How many slams? « Reply #24 on: September 11, 2012, 06:19 PM »

I just wanted 1 guys.  That's enough for me  Smile
IP Logged
killieboyd
Junior

Re: How many slams? « Reply #25 on: September 11, 2012, 06:28 PM »

5 - 2 us open, 2 aus, 1 wimb
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: How many slams? « Reply #26 on: September 11, 2012, 06:56 PM »

Your tune has changed somewhat since his win over Andy in Barcelona.

Didn't you predict him to win Wimbledon this year and claimed he would be "unbeatable" on grass? lol

Edit: No, it was "unstoppable", I remember now.
[ Last edit by TheMadHatter September 11, 2012, 07:49 PM ] IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: How many slams? « Reply #27 on: September 11, 2012, 06:56 PM »

I was being kind to him. I was tempted to say he's an over rated waste of space, but Andy's won a slam, so I'm being nice lol.
IP Logged
blueberryhill
World No 1

Re: How many slams? « Reply #28 on: September 11, 2012, 07:13 PM »

Nah nah AO thumb up
IP Logged
Mackem
Futures Level

Re: How many slams? « Reply #29 on: September 11, 2012, 07:26 PM »

Am I the only one that thinks Andy will win a French, in fact for some reason I've got this really strange feeling it's actually going to be his next GS win. I don't know why I think that, it's just a weird gut instinct.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 13 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »