Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  How many slams? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 13 Go Down Reply
Author

How many slams?

(Read 8196 times)
Alis
ATP Level

Re: How many slams? « Reply #30 on: September 11, 2012, 07:27 PM »

The young Canadian who beat Liam Brodie in the Junior final also won Junior Wimbledon this year - maybe he will make a breakthrough. 

I think Andy will win at least another 5 though - i.e. at least one a year from now til 30 - but it could be many more than that.
IP Logged
Mackem
Futures Level

Re: How many slams? « Reply #31 on: September 11, 2012, 07:28 PM »

Am I the only one that thinks Andy will win a French, in fact for some reason I've got this really strange feeling it's actually going to be his next GS win. I don't know why I think that, it's just a weird gut instinct.

If he can learn to play on the baseline at RG then yes, if not then no
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: How many slams? « Reply #32 on: September 11, 2012, 07:46 PM »

Actually, there's no one coming through, is there? The Joker and Andy could mop up over the next four years.
DelPo will improve, although I don't think he'll ever reach his 2009 standard. Too one-dimensional anyway, the top guys have his number.

Tomic, Raonic, Harrison (both of them) and Nishikori will be threats but I don't see any of them ever getting near the standard of the current top guys. I can see Raonic being a little like Roddick, getting to the odd Slam final/title when he's on form.

None of the juniors really shine. Quinzi maybe. Saville and Peliwo will probably become top 20 players (Peliwo reached all four Slam finals this year, and has dominated the juniors to a similar style Monfils did, so I can see him following a similar path) but there's no stand-out players who seem a step above the rest.
IP Logged
laundry
Top Seed

Re: How many slams? « Reply #33 on: September 11, 2012, 07:50 PM »

He seems very ambitious to get good results on the clay, perhaps more ambitious about that than anything else now. Nadal managed to make the adjustments to win on grass and I think Andy can make the adjustments to win on clay. I think from his performance in the final of Rome 2011 against Djokovic it showed me that he can be very competitive in clay and he has that potential to be a proper danger on it.
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: How many slams? « Reply #34 on: September 11, 2012, 07:50 PM »

The young Canadian who beat Liam Brodie in the Junior final also won Junior Wimbledon this year - maybe he will make a breakthrough. 

I think Andy will win at least another 5 though - i.e. at least one a year from now til 30 - but it could be many more than that.
He's got a good future for sure but he's just nowhere near as good as the current top guys were at that age. Murray was already a top 100 player at that age and making the 3rd round of Wimbledon.
IP Logged
Eddster
Satellite Level

Re: How many slams? « Reply #35 on: September 11, 2012, 08:03 PM »

laundry I think, he will I actually think the golden slam is a possibility too (hope if he does he does it before Djoko) he can improve so much on clay etc, btw no one has mentioned how he probably has won a slam with a not perfect back have they? :P

Fantastic day to be an Andy Murray Fan (sorry I hardly post btw)
IP Logged
Tasmanian Devil
Challenger Level

Re: How many slams? « Reply #36 on: September 11, 2012, 08:04 PM »

Even if he only wins one slam a year 'til he retires that could be half a dozen.  How amazing would that be?  A few years ago, it was seeming unthinkable, but now we're finally off and running...
IP Logged
syc23
Futures Level

Re: How many slams? « Reply #37 on: September 11, 2012, 08:51 PM »

I'd say 7 overall:

2 USO
2 AUS
2 W
1 FO
IP Logged
boogers
World No 1

Touched by his noodly appendage

Re: How many slams? « Reply #38 on: September 11, 2012, 08:53 PM »

Hm. To win the FO he'd need some real luck - he still isn't great on the surface. Multiple USO, AUS and W wins are well within his grasp.
IP Logged
Grabcopy
Veteran

I know I'm paranoid. But am I paranoid enough?

Re: How many slams? « Reply #39 on: September 11, 2012, 09:30 PM »

Your tune has changed somewhat since his win over Andy in Barcelona.

Didn't you predict him to win Wimbledon this year and claimed he would be "unbeatable" on grass? lol

Edit: No, it was "unstoppable", I remember now.

I hadn't seem him play against the big guys. His groundshots need loads of work and I suspect he's a couple of inches too tall to co-ordinate them properly.
IP Logged
andychamp21

Re: How many slams? « Reply #40 on: September 11, 2012, 09:31 PM »

5 for me. Definitely another US I think and I'm sure he'll get at least one in Melbourne.

Not sure about Wimbledon though, I find it stressful yet alone Andy but I still believe haha!
IP Logged
laundry
Top Seed

Re: How many slams? « Reply #41 on: September 11, 2012, 09:49 PM »

After Lendl got his first it was 6 more slams before he got his next. Djokovic had 3 years from his first to his second. I don't know if it will be the same for Andy but it might well be.
IP Logged
andychamp21

Re: How many slams? « Reply #42 on: September 11, 2012, 09:57 PM »

After Lendl got his first it was 6 more slams before he got his next. Djokovic had 3 years from his first to his second. I don't know if it will be the same for Andy but it might well be.

I did see Miles predict a lull... I'm confident though!
IP Logged
caroline
ATP Level

Re: How many slams? « Reply #43 on: September 11, 2012, 10:41 PM »

I think Andy will win maybe 8-10 grandslams.Im sure he will get the golden slam.You can be sure Ivan will not let Andy be resting on his laurels.But if he never wins another one i'll be a happy bunny as at least he's won one.Not many players do even that.He's a champ whatever in my eyes.
IP Logged
IonaRed
Challenger Level

Re: How many slams? « Reply #44 on: September 11, 2012, 11:26 PM »

I'm just enjoying this one right now.  Wimbledon would be lovely though.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 13 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »