Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  How would your life be if Murray didn't exist? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 Go Down Reply
Author

How would your life be if Murray didn't exist?

(Read 4092 times)
blueberryhill
World No 1

Re: How would your life be if Murray didn't exist? « Reply #15 on: July 10, 2013, 12:58 PM »

For goodness sakes, let's just live in the moment and seriously wallow
 yahooo
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: How would your life be if Murray didn't exist? « Reply #16 on: July 10, 2013, 12:59 PM »

One word answer: empty

Well not completely but there's no denying that many of the highs and lows are attributable to our Andy.  I've never ever felt the same about another sportsperson or any other public figure come to that.  What is it about him that has this effect on us all?  Topic for another parallel thread?  Or perhaps one has already been started. 
But yes bbh I'm wallowing away  yay
[ Last edit by Ruthie July 10, 2013, 01:02 PM ] IP Logged
Katie
ATP Level

Andy Murray - US Open and Wimbledon champion! :)

Re: How would your life be if Murray didn't exist? « Reply #17 on: July 10, 2013, 01:13 PM »

I wouldn't be a tennis fan if Andy had never existed. Like many people in the UK, I used to watch a bit of Wimbledon but that was it for the rest of the year. It's only when Andy came along that I started to properly follow the sport.

IP Logged
hugoagogo69
Satellite Level

Re: How would your life be if Murray didn't exist? « Reply #18 on: July 10, 2013, 01:42 PM »

I wouldn't be a tennis fan if Andy had never existed. Like many people in the UK, I used to watch a bit of Wimbledon but that was it for the rest of the year. It's only when Andy came along that I started to properly follow the sport.

Same as myself. I used to watch Wimbledon as a kid so that helped a lot to like the game but would only watch it when i could be bothered. I then heard on the news one night that a certain chap from Dunblane had won the junior U.S open. Fast forward to Queens 2005 & have been hooked ever since.
I won't get rid of sky sports now for the ATP events.
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: How would your life be if Murray didn't exist? « Reply #19 on: July 10, 2013, 02:16 PM »

When he retires this site will be rendered useless.

I hope not.

I would definitely watch tennis but not be a tennis fan, just like you.

For goodness sakes, let's just live in the moment and seriously wallow
 yahooo

Good posting!
IP Logged
Fiverings
ATP Level

Andy Murray - Tennis Legend

Re: How would your life be if Murray didn't exist? « Reply #20 on: July 10, 2013, 02:20 PM »

I meant if he'd NEVER existed.
  Is this a philosophical trap? No doubt some other fascination would fill the hole.
IP Logged
The Gnome
ATP Level

Re: How would your life be if Murray didn't exist? « Reply #21 on: July 10, 2013, 02:43 PM »

This has touched quite a nerve with me when i read this thread, i straight away started wondering about the shooting at his school and the possibility that if any number of things had gone differently, Andy could have just been another forgotten victim of this terrible tragedy, it's bad enough thinking about all the futures that were wiped out by a madman, but scary to think that this wonderful victory on Sunday might never have happened.
IP Logged
Fiverings
ATP Level

Andy Murray - Tennis Legend

Re: How would your life be if Murray didn't exist? « Reply #22 on: July 10, 2013, 02:46 PM »

This has touched quite a nerve with me when i read this thread, i straight away started wondering about the shooting at his school and the possibility that if any number of things had gone differently, Andy could have just been another forgotten victim of this terrible tragedy, it's bad enough thinking about all the futures that were wiped out by a madman, but scary to think that this wonderful victory on Sunday might never have happened.
  Don't go there my friend. Maybe if that atrocity had never happened Andy wouldn't be the player he is.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: How would your life be if Murray didn't exist? « Reply #23 on: July 10, 2013, 05:06 PM »

My blood pressure might have been lower on Sunday. I might not have discovered the true meaning of a near death experience (sort of!), but it wouldn't be half as exciting.

I'd probably have a smaller swear word vocabulary as well, or rather, the few I have might not have been yelled at the TV during matches so often over the years.

Pre-Andy I could watch Tim and get a bit caught up in it (seriously, the way he talks sometimes you'd think he'd never been dragged into unnecessary five setters Whistle), but deep down I preferred Agassi. Even then I could watch and be fairly neutral. I suppose if Andy had never existed I could have stayed like that, or lost interest. I don't think I would have lost interest. However, there was and is Andy and neutrality is out of the question.

If Andy really had never existed I think I'd have been a slightly bonkers Ferrer fan Smile
[ Last edit by teejay1 July 10, 2013, 05:47 PM ] IP Logged
backhandslice
Seed

You love my shenanigans. Admit it.

Re: How would your life be if Murray didn't exist? « Reply #24 on: July 10, 2013, 05:39 PM »

I would be less crazy.   Think.        The tennis tour would be so boring without Andy.  He is genuinely my only fav player.      I guess when Andy does retire we can look back and realise what a great player he was and what a brilliant career he had.  
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: How would your life be if Murray didn't exist? « Reply #25 on: July 10, 2013, 05:39 PM »

The same.. I'd just have someone else as my top favourite.
IP Logged
The Gnome
ATP Level

Re: How would your life be if Murray didn't exist? « Reply #26 on: July 10, 2013, 05:42 PM »

When Andy does retire he won't be forgotten by any of us, he will be revered and whatever he chooses to do next i will keep watching and listening. I doubt he will go into commentary, i don't think that would suit him, he hasn't got the voice for it the poor lad, even he would admit that.

The thing is, when Andy is gone, Novak and Rafa will also be gone, i hope they all remain good friends when they hang up their racquets. Tennis to me has been about the big 4, new players will emerge to contest slams but i'm not so sure i will remain as interested as i am now, i'll have to wait and see i guess.
IP Logged
Connor
John McEnroe

Re: How would your life be if Murray didn't exist? « Reply #27 on: July 10, 2013, 05:42 PM »

The same.. I'd just have someone else as my top favourite.

Same, shows we aren't one dimensional tennis fans.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: How would your life be if Murray didn't exist? « Reply #28 on: July 10, 2013, 05:45 PM »

When Andy does retire he won't be forgotten by any of us, he will be revered and whatever he chooses to do next i will keep watching and listening. I doubt he will go into commentary, i don't think that would suit him, he hasn't got the voice for it the poor lad, even he would admit that

I don't think commentary would be Andy's thing. Could you imagine a player doing something he didn't like? I can't imagine Andy mincing his words Smile.

I have the feeling that when the end does come, years and years from now I mean, he'll go into coaching. I could see him backing out of the public eye and coaching kids. I think he'd be great at that, but he's got things to do first, like winning a few more slams.
IP Logged
laundry
Top Seed

Re: How would your life be if Murray didn't exist? « Reply #29 on: July 10, 2013, 05:49 PM »

I would have still hated Federer so I would probably support Djokovic and Nadal. That and Laura Robson would probably be a lot bigger.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »