Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  How would your life be if Murray didn't exist? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Go Down Reply
Author

How would your life be if Murray didn't exist?

(Read 3401 times)
Rachie
Seed

Re: How would your life be if Murray didn't exist? « Reply #30 on: July 10, 2013, 06:26 PM »

My social life would probably be better - lol, I often don't go to certain things if i'm gonna miss Andy play. ( alot of ppl think i'm a bit lame!)

I'd still like tennis though, Andy has deffo been my favorite player of all my favorites ever, never have i been so into 1 player, but i'd probably have a more objective view and just enjoy the tennis. i imagine i'd support djokovic as my no1 as he has the balls to beat fedal.
IP Logged
invisibleman18
World No 1

MW 2006 Fantasy WC & Prediction League Champion

Re: How would your life be if Murray didn't exist? « Reply #31 on: July 10, 2013, 10:31 PM »

I'd probably get more work done instead of spending so long on here every day!
IP Logged
hugoagogo69
Satellite Level

Re: How would your life be if Murray didn't exist? « Reply #32 on: July 10, 2013, 10:59 PM »

I admit to being a rather one dimensional tennis fan. The minute Andy goes out, i'm not interested.
I used to watch the Wimbledon final when Andy started but since he has been part of the elite, i'm a one man supporter!
IP Logged
scotjules
Satellite Level

Re: How would your life be if Murray didn't exist? « Reply #33 on: July 10, 2013, 11:45 PM »

I'd still watch Queens/Wimbledon but that would be it. I remember trying to watch the French one year in the Henman era and getting bored very quickly.

My early years of Wimbledon watching were more focused on the female players. Still remember being gutted one year when Jana Novotna lost in the ladies final so maybe I'd still watch more of that.

I don't know if I would have a different favourite player. I remember having a massive crush on Andy Roddick one of his first years at Wimbledon! He was 19 I think and pretty cute  wub (still had all his hair, lol) but Andy (Murray) is the first player I've gone beyond traditional media sources (TV/newspapers/magazines) for info.

As an aside I remember Tim (and Lucy) being featured in my J17 magazine one year. Though can't say I particularly remember him being classed as a heartthrob by the media?!

I've always had a favourite group/TV show/actor on the go so I'm sure some of those things would take more prominence and Wimbledon watching would just be a nice part of the summer, a ritual if you like, nothing more.
[ Last edit by scotjules July 10, 2013, 11:51 PM ] IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: How would your life be if Murray didn't exist? « Reply #34 on: July 11, 2013, 12:10 AM »

I would still have no interest in tennis and would be gearing up for yet another football season that starts full of hope and ends by about March having lost all interest whatsoever mired somewhere in mid-table.
IP Logged
Eddster
Satellite Level

Re: How would your life be if Murray didn't exist? « Reply #35 on: July 11, 2013, 12:39 AM »

I would be unaware of the different tiers of tennis, all the other tournaments that arn't the grand slams, and I wouldnt be getting up at 4am on a January morning to watch Murray play in Australia Wink
And I'd be more apprenhensive about Manchester United having a non successful manager to replace Sir Alex... But I think I am more a Murray fan than a Man U/footy fan now (2006 I recorded the start of the roddic match to watch england v portugal live, then switched over after the footy had finished) Not sure I would do the same now...
IP Logged
IonaRed
Challenger Level

Re: How would your life be if Murray didn't exist? « Reply #36 on: July 11, 2013, 12:58 AM »

I think my boyfriend would be happier. He wouldn't have to look at the Andy photos all over the fridge. He wouldn't have to deal with my moods when Andy loses. We had this conversation the day before the final.

Him: I bought champagne for tomorrow.
Me:  Are you kidding me? You're going to bloody jinx him. Put it out in the garage.
Him. I'm going to pretend that you haven't forgotten that we've been together 5 years tomorrow.
Me: Eh, no of course I haven't.

Oops... Well, we had 2 reasons to celebrate on Sunday.

If there were no Andy I'd probably be a lot calmer. The stress and anxiety this man has caused me is beyond measure.  The joy has been incredible though. Never has a man I've never met made me cry so much.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: How would your life be if Murray didn't exist? « Reply #37 on: July 11, 2013, 01:17 AM »

If Andy hadn't been around then neither would MW, which would have been a shame.

I've always liked tennis, and enjoyed playing it, but the only tournament I knew anything about was Wimbledon because it was the only I was able to watch.  It was really only when Henman came on the scene that I began to take more interest in what was going on elsewhere by following his progress.  I expect, if there had been no Andy, I might have lost interest in tennis, apart from watching Wimbledon again like, as scotjules says, just a summer ritual.  

However you can't miss someone who never existed and I managed to do things before Andy arrived, even if they were less interesting, so would probably just have continued that way.
[ Last edit by Aileen July 11, 2013, 01:32 AM ] IP Logged
blueberryhill
World No 1

Re: How would your life be if Murray didn't exist? « Reply #38 on: July 11, 2013, 08:09 AM »

@IonaRed
Loved your post  lmao
Am a huge fan of sport, played well, generally, even Golf Rolling Eyes when it's the Ryder cup.
In fact, when the 6 nations is on, tennis takes second place  Embarassed
Guess when Andy retires, tennis will return to the level of the other sports I enjoy.
Ashes anyone? Wink
IP Logged
notnek
Futures Level

Re: How would your life be if Murray didn't exist? « Reply #39 on: July 11, 2013, 08:48 AM »

For me over the last 10 years, the amount of time I spent watching and thinking about Andy is huge and due to the butterfly effect, my life probably would've been completely different if he never existed.

We have no way of knowing if our lives would've been better or worse without him but for most of us, Andy has helped shape our lives.
IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Andy Murray Wimbledon Champion 2013

Re: How would your life be if Murray didn't exist? « Reply #40 on: July 11, 2013, 04:40 PM »

Like many others I probably would only watch Wimbledon, which I've done since I was 9 years old. I've only really started following all the other tournaments as my interest in Andy grew, I probably wouldn't have taken up playing tennis at the age of 44 if it weren't for Andy inspiring me either. The enjoyment I get from playing And the fab new friends I've made  makes me so wish I had done it years ago but hey ho better late than never!

I would also have been a lot more chilled, stress free and have had more sleep over the years but the times of success and great wins have made it ooh so worth it.

Ooh and last but not least my liver would be a heck of a lot healthier as most Andy matches make me so nervous I reach for the vodka to calm me lol. Wink
IP Logged
wimbledonwestie
ATP Level

Re: How would your life be if Murray didn't exist? « Reply #41 on: July 11, 2013, 08:19 PM »

Hee hee Angie that made me laugh! (The bits about sleep, stress and your liver - ditto to all 3). I've followed tennis since a teenager - though not very easy in the pre internet days (I remember going to the local library to try and get scores in ther newspapers) so I'm sure I'd still be a fan - just a lot more chilled and impartial, enjoying the tennis but not stressing over the result. I was a really big Edberg fan - thought I stressed over his results but I now realise that compared to my Andy stressing that was clearly my amateur days! So no doubt I'd be following someone . Can't see anything comparing to following Andy though.
IP Logged
ABF
Challenger Level

Re: How would your life be if Murray didn't exist? « Reply #42 on: July 11, 2013, 10:00 PM »

It would be pretty sad if life was altered by the non existance of a sportsperson.

That said, I think of Andy as fantastic ambassador for life and not just his pure tennis and athletic talent. His young life experienced a tragedy that can severly alter peoples mental state, outlook and approach to life. He has overcame that and overcame the many obstacles that are put in front of any tennis prospect in the UK....especially for a player from Scotland. Andy has given many people a realisation that dark times can be overcome....that people can realise their potential ,whatever that is, with the appropriate application. I think his story goes beyond tennis and neutral people are now backing him because they see that now. Lets face it ..the odds were stacked against Andy...and he has proven to be a true winner. A role model for many....and despite a world of 7billion ...there are not too many of them.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: How would your life be if Murray didn't exist? « Reply #43 on: July 11, 2013, 11:42 PM »

Good posting!
IP Logged
benniebone
Challenger Level

Re: How would your life be if Murray didn't exist? « Reply #44 on: August 14, 2013, 07:12 PM »

Have only just noticed this thread When Andy retires I swear I will never get so involved with the life and times of a sports personality  The ups are great but the downs are so infuriating
  However without Andy I would never have bought a laptop and taught myself to use it and at last I understand about the different time lags between countries and of course the computer has changed my whole life and I've made many friends so when Andy hangs up his racquet I shall lead a quieter life and be thankful for what being one of his many fans since 2008 has taught me
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »