Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs Matthias Bachinger, Thursday, Time TBA - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  How would your life be if Murray didn't exist? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] Go Down Reply
Author

How would your life be if Murray didn't exist?

(Read 3182 times)
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: How would your life be if Murray didn't exist? « Reply #75 on: September 04, 2013, 06:25 PM »

Yep Wink we all do!  although I didn't stay up for it I awoke about 4 and curiosity got the better of me after checking scores so I watched last set then straight back to sleep. Feel OK this morn thankfully.
was just going to write that I'd sleep better during slams especially USO though oddly enough I slept badly during Wimbledon and the minute it was over started sleeping better - I wonder why  Rolling Eyes   I woke up in night too and tried to go back to sleep listening to world service but then they had a sports clip about 4am, which said Andy still playing and was leading 2 sets to 1. So thinking I'd never get back to sleep if I got up and watched it on tv I listened to the rest on five live.  It's even more nerve shredding than watching the damn thing but at least I did eventually get back to sleep about 6 and feel ok today.

Great to read that some of you have been inspired to play (more) by Andy.  I fear it's so very very long since I played (wooden racquets with presses so that gives you an idea) that I just don't see myself managing it at my age.  But it doesn't detract from my enjoyment watching.
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: How would your life be if Murray didn't exist? « Reply #76 on: September 04, 2013, 06:32 PM »

Great post once again mickeypops! Your story is somewhat similar to mine, I too toke up tennis in my forties after being inspired by Andy. Your right what a great way to keep fit/make new friends and get out and about in the fresh air when weather permits.

I'm also not that great even with continuous coaching for a year but heck who gives a feck if your enjoying it eh Wink I now play tennis probably as often as I watch it and this is all down to Andy.

You'll never be a winner like Andy though :p
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

The mind doubts, but the heart never does.

Re: How would your life be if Murray didn't exist? « Reply #77 on: September 04, 2013, 06:48 PM »

I'm probably taking the question too literally, but I suppose my life would just have trundled along as was without Andy, as I wouldn't have been any the wiser.  It was like someone at school asked my daughter how it felt to be a 'twin'.  Her response was 'Well I don't know how it feels not to be a twin - so pass'. 

I definitely feel privileged to have been a part of Andy's journey.  yes
IP Logged
robbie
Top Seed

Your goals minus your doubts equal your reality

Re: How would your life be if Murray didn't exist? « Reply #78 on: September 04, 2013, 07:49 PM »

Healthy liver.
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

The mind doubts, but the heart never does.

Re: How would your life be if Murray didn't exist? « Reply #79 on: September 04, 2013, 07:49 PM »

^Whatever...  Rolling Eyes
IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Andy Murray Wimbledon Champion 2013

Re: How would your life be if Murray didn't exist? « Reply #80 on: September 04, 2013, 07:54 PM »

Robbie trying to convince us that he only bevvys when the tennis is on......  poo
IP Logged
robbie
Top Seed

Re: How would your life be if Murray didn't exist? « Reply #81 on: September 04, 2013, 07:56 PM »

Robbie trying to convince us that he only bevvys when the tennis is on......  poo
Not at all, just tend to drink more. 2 man down
IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Re: How would your life be if Murray didn't exist? « Reply #82 on: September 04, 2013, 07:57 PM »

Not at all, just tend to drink more. 2 man down

Me tae  Very Happy
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: How would your life be if Murray didn't exist? « Reply #83 on: September 04, 2013, 07:57 PM »

I bevvy when my fav players lose... Cincinnati was bad for that When Andy and Nole lost on same night.
IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Re: How would your life be if Murray didn't exist? « Reply #84 on: September 04, 2013, 07:59 PM »

I bevvy when my fav players lose... Cincinnati was bad for that When Andy and Nole lost on same night.

Boo feckin hoo 
IP Logged
robbie
Top Seed

Re: How would your life be if Murray didn't exist? « Reply #85 on: September 04, 2013, 08:02 PM »

Couldnt handle more than one fav player Prod otherwise AA would beckon yes
IP Logged
Apollo
World No 1

Re: How would your life be if Murray didn't exist? « Reply #86 on: September 04, 2013, 08:03 PM »

great post mickeypops, Andy has indeed made your life fuller and better.

I was an avid fan of all the things my kids were involved in, so when the last kid was no longer in sports, I began to follow Sampras, once Sampras retired I vowed to never follow anyone like I did Pete.  My friends who were also Pete fans began following other players like Nadal and Federer, but there was something about that young guy Murray that intrigued me.  My friends all said he couldn't close out a match and would never amount to a good player, and they thought his antics on court were not very classy, but I stuck with Andy and eventually with the help of Lendl saw this wonderful young man turn out who played wonderful tennis.  So I'm stuck on Andy and obsessed as some of my kids say.

Had Andy not existed, I'm sure I would have attached myself to someone else or done something that would not make my blood pressure rise.
IP Logged
mickeypops
Challenger Level

Re: How would your life be if Murray didn't exist? « Reply #87 on: September 04, 2013, 11:58 PM »

You'll never be a winner like Andy though :p

She's already a winner Prod. Keeping fit, making friends, playing a sport she loves and gets enjoyment from.

Somehow I think that Andy would be proud to know that he inspires people of all ages and abilities to take up his sport.  Only one in a miliion of us can be an elite athete, but millions of us can enjoy taking part.
IP Logged
flowerpower
Challenger Level

Relax All is good!

Re: How would your life be if Murray didn't exist? « Reply #88 on: September 11, 2013, 02:36 PM »

I think my boyfriend would be happier. He wouldn't have to look at the Andy photos all over the fridge. He wouldn't have to deal with my moods when Andy loses. We had this conversation the day before the final.

Him: I bought champagne for tomorrow.
Me:  Are you kidding me? You're going to bloody jinx him. Put it out in the garage.
Him. I'm going to pretend that you haven't forgotten that we've been together 5 years tomorrow.
Me: Eh, no of course I haven't.

Oops... Well, we had 2 reasons to celebrate on Sunday.

If there were no Andy I'd probably be a lot calmer. The stress and anxiety this man has caused me is beyond measure.  The joy has been incredible though. Never has a man I've never met made me cry so much.

Think a lot of BF's /hubbies wpuld be happier....Like Andy said once when a men asked a signature for his wife "because my wife is a big fan of yours:: Andy said: I assume you aren't?
IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: How would your life be if Murray didn't exist? « Reply #89 on: September 11, 2013, 04:33 PM »

I never watched tennis before Andy came on the seen. It has given me an interest and I love to watch him play. I suppose being Scottish as well has made my support of him even stronger. We have been called the worst tennis nation in the world yet have managed to produce a great champion. I am very very proud of Andy and through good and bad times he has inspired many young people to start to play tennis. We have also to thank Judy for giving her two sons a love of tennis which they have carried on to their adult life. I see in the paper this morning that Andy plans to open his own tennis academies as well as managing other top players.He will also take more of an interest in his affairs with XIX Entertainment and expanding his interests in Asia.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] Go Up Reply 
« previous next »