Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs Matthias Bachinger, Today, 12:00 Midnight BST - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Interview with Andy 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Reply
Author

Interview with Andy

(Read 1972 times)
David
Satellite Level

Interview with Andy « on: October 10, 2005, 07:38 AM »

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/main.jhtml;jsessionid=S504ZWUQORGLPQFIQMGCNAGAVCBQUJVC?xml=/sport/2005/10/10/sthodg10.xml&sSheet=/sport/2005/10/10/ixtenn.html
IP Logged
eira_arian
John McEnroe

Interview with Andy « Reply #1 on: October 10, 2005, 11:14 AM »

great interview, cheers mdears....although i'm sure a fair bit of editing went on there - either that or andy is suddenly extremely eloquent - whihc of course is not an impossibility Very Happy
its good to see (again) that federer is such a nice guy Very Happy and of course, i loved the opening paragraph on andys flip flops!!
but andys right - wimbledon seems like years ago; hes achieved so much this summer!
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

The mind doubts, but the heart never does.

Interview with Andy « Reply #2 on: October 10, 2005, 11:55 AM »

I think it's pretty impressive how much Andy has matured in such a short space of time.  If you think about what he was like at Wimbledon both in terms of his play and his demeanour, there is no comparison between Wimbledon and Thailand Open.  

I think Federer holds Andy in very high regard.  That's not to say he doesn't hold any of the other players in high regard, but I suspect Feds recognises that Andy possesses something extra special.  Like recognises like, after all.
IP Logged
KitKat
Seed

Interview with Andy « Reply #3 on: October 10, 2005, 12:44 PM »

I've noticed a big difference in Andy since Wimbledon, when I look back at the pictures taken at Wimbledon you can see so much joy in Andys face when he gets good points and wins matches but he seems to have reined that in a bit, I much preferred when he was jumping for joy at having won his match and you could see how much it meant to him, you didn't see alot of that at Thailand he smiled and walked over a shook his opponents hand, bring back the old Andy please.
IP Logged
Banannie
Veteran

Interview with Andy « Reply #4 on: October 10, 2005, 01:23 PM »

ahh i always thought federer was an arrogant *******, but seeing the way he treats our andy, it makes me see that maybe he is a nice guy
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

KitKat « Reply #5 on: October 10, 2005, 01:29 PM »

Yes, everything about Andy is now far more measured - but I see that as a good sign in terms of his focus.  I think this shows that Andy now sees himself as more of an equal when playing the big boys, whereas at Wimbledon he was very much the young rookie.  

On a separate note - I will never, as long as I live, tire of watching the the post-match handshake between Andy and Robbie Ginepri.  Ginepri's face is an absolute picture lol  lol
IP Logged
eira_arian
John McEnroe

Re: KitKat « Reply #6 on: October 10, 2005, 01:40 PM »

Quote from: "ellyb"
Yes, everything about Andy is now far more measured - but I see that as a good sign in terms of his focus.  I think this shows that Andy now sees himself as more of an equal when playing the big boys, whereas at Wimbledon he was very much the young rookie.  

On a separate note - I will never, as long as I live, tire of watching the the post-match handshake between Andy and Robbie Ginepri.  Ginepri's face is an absolute picture lol  lol

i agree - he seems a bit more balanced now, although seeing him play at wimbledon was just infectious happiness Very Happy

are there pictures of the handshake anywhere?? *is intriguied*
IP Logged
Riverman
Veteran

Hello

Re: KitKat « Reply #7 on: October 10, 2005, 01:42 PM »

Quote from: "eira_arian"

Likewise me... but I am intrigued :P
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

Interview with Andy « Reply #8 on: October 10, 2005, 01:52 PM »

Not sure - I videoed the match - Ginepri hardly even acknowledges Andy and looks absolutely thunderous!!  FAB  lol  lol
IP Logged
eira_arian
John McEnroe

Re: KitKat « Reply #9 on: October 10, 2005, 01:53 PM »

Quote from: "JohnW"
Quote from: "eira_arian"

Likewise me... but I am intrigued :P

lol, typing with one hand, talking on the phone and eating an orange simultaneously are apparently not conducive to good spelling Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
IP Logged
eira_arian
John McEnroe

Interview with Andy « Reply #10 on: October 10, 2005, 03:09 PM »

Murray accepts wildcard for Basel: The ATP event in Basel in 2 weeks time have offered Murray a wildcard which he has accepted. He is considering whether to make his comeback there or a week before in Kolding.

Sacramento officially off:  Having been forced to take 10 days rest, the Sacramento 50K Challenger which  looked doubtful anyway is now officially out of Andy's schedule. He is considering withdrawing from the Kolding 50K Challenger as well

just an update that i skanked from the andrew murray: british rising star webbie Very Happy
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

Interview with Andy « Reply #11 on: October 10, 2005, 03:15 PM »

Cheers for that info chuck! Smile
IP Logged
hulahoop
Seed

Home is where the heart is!

Interview with Andy « Reply #12 on: October 10, 2005, 08:51 PM »

Very Happy  Good news re Basel.

I have the match against Ginepri on disc, but I have no idea how to to do a screenshot (that handshake WAS classic though).

:P

I suspect I need a TV card or something like that, but I haven't got one.
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Interview with Andy « Reply #13 on: October 10, 2005, 09:04 PM »

Take a photo of the screen?
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

Handshake « Reply #14 on: October 10, 2005, 09:55 PM »

Don't think a photo would do it justice.  It begins with Andy giving Ginepri the evil eye from the baseline after his winning shot, and just degenerates into the minimum required short of a snub.  I get the distinct impression these two are not to become buddies. wink
IP Logged
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »