Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Is Andy playing Valencia this year? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] Go Down Reply
Author

Is Andy playing Valencia this year?

(Read 5316 times)
Alis
ATP Level

Re: Is Andy playing Valencia this year? « Reply #105 on: October 28, 2011, 10:20 AM »

Just noticed what is clearly a mistake, but quite an amusing one, in this statement.  Can't the Swiss accept that their hero is no longer World No.3. Very Happy

"World No. 3 Andy Murray ..... joins world No. 1 Novak Djokovic and Switzerland’s own World No. 3 Roger Federer, the Swiss media reported on Thursday."

They still have Andy's photograph behind Fed's on the Basel line up but then they also have Gasquet in front of Tipsy.
IP Logged
Patsy
Satellite Level

Re: Is Andy playing Valencia this year? « Reply #106 on: October 28, 2011, 10:28 AM »

Cannae wait!  Been having withdrawal symptoms! come on Andy!
IP Logged
dex
Futures Level

Re: Is Andy playing Valencia this year? « Reply #107 on: October 28, 2011, 12:46 PM »

Correct me if I'm wrong but, as I understand it, Andy will lose his 45 points from last year's Valencia next week.  If he doesn't play another 500 tournament this year - and there aren't any more after this week - he will carry a 0 penalty all through next year.  I'm sure he would rather not do that.

Andy will only drop the 45 points as he was not scheduled to play Valencia this year. He has to play 3 500's so replace Valencia with Basle and has already a 0 pointer for Dubai, and he won Tokyo.
IP Logged
dex
Futures Level

Re: Is Andy playing Valencia this year? « Reply #108 on: October 28, 2011, 12:47 PM »

Cant wait to see the draw!
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Is Andy playing Valencia this year? « Reply #109 on: October 28, 2011, 08:41 PM »

Basle isn't in the Sky schedule. They are showing Valencia next week.
I cannot believe they won't change that now.  No disrespect to the other players involved, but without Andy Valencia has now become a "second-class" tournament compared to what's on offer in Basle

They still have Andy's photograph behind Fed's on the Basel line up but then they also have Gasquet in front of Tipsy.
I'm sure all that'll get sorted out once everything is finalised.
IP Logged
Tessie
ATP Level

Re: Is Andy playing Valencia this year? « Reply #110 on: October 28, 2011, 09:27 PM »

When Marcus interviewed Andy he said  "Wherever you choose to play sky will have it covered". So I assume sky will show it, and also you have the top 3 players there, so its more attractive to a larger audience so I would assume they would.

Marcus asked Andy if he was going to play Basel or Valencia and it was Andy who said I will obviously play which ever one you are covering, it was a jokey comment no more. I would imagine these things are organised months in advance and could not be changed at a couple of days notice.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Is Andy playing Valencia this year? « Reply #111 on: October 28, 2011, 09:50 PM »

Marcus asked Andy if he was going to play Basel or Valencia and it was Andy who said I will obviously play which ever one you are covering, it was a jokey comment no more. I would imagine these things are organised months in advance and could not be changed at a couple of days notice.
I don't have Sky, but surely they can be flexible about these matters - even the BBC can! It wouldn't suprise me if Sky, like so many others, assumed that Andy would play Valencia.
IP Logged
Alis
ATP Level

Re: Is Andy playing Valencia this year? « Reply #112 on: October 29, 2011, 10:56 AM »

I would suspect that if Andy gets to the final they will show that even if they don't show anything else.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] Go Up Reply 
« previous next »