Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs Jurgen Melzer, Wednesday, Estimated time - 12:45pm BST - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  It Has Begun. 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 7 Go Down Reply
Author

It Has Begun.

(Read 4303 times)
TheMadHatter
World No 1

It Has Begun. « on: June 25, 2012, 10:12 AM »

Well it's that time of year again where all the non-tennis fans turn up to tell us everything about the sport, how Federer is the greatest and how Murray is apparently a c**t. With England out of the Euros yesterday all of the uninformed football fans have turned to Wimbledon. I've already been reminded that Murray is "a c**t", someone has told me "I'm supporting Tim!" and I've also been lectured on why Federer is going to win Wimbledon (he's the GOAT apparently and the fact he's not come close to winning a Slam in two years is apparently not relevant).

I f**king hate this time of year. Wish I could just find a cave (with Sky of course) and just stay there for two weeks.

Really annoys me when British fans with no interest in tennis at all support Federer for no reason at all whilst abusing Murray for no reason at all. The same people who despise glory supporting in football are happy when it comes to tennis. But try to start an educated discussion with these people and they quickly realise they know **** all and turn to abuse. And ladies and gentlemen, there lies your average Federer fan, in England at least.

Come on Andy, prove the doubters wrong...
IP Logged
Grabcopy
Veteran

I know I'm paranoid. But am I paranoid enough?

Re: It Has Begun. « Reply #1 on: June 25, 2012, 10:39 AM »

It's actually bloody unbearable. Look at these comments:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/tennis/article-2164003/Wimbledon-2012-Andy-Murray-feels-misunderstood.html#

(Nigel from Lancashire excepted)
IP Logged
Sir Panda
Murraymaniac

Misunderstood genius.

Re: It Has Begun. « Reply #2 on: June 25, 2012, 10:39 AM »

When people on social networking websites suddenly all have an opinion on tennis.

Can't wait until Murray v Karlovic. Karlovic has been in the top echelons of the sport for nearly a decade but if Murray plays him in R2, it will feel like Karlovic is an 18 year old fresh onto the Tour.

That said, it's a fortnight of wall-to-wall coverage of one of my favourite sporting tournaments. Very excited! Smile
[ Last edit by Sir Panda June 25, 2012, 10:45 AM ] IP Logged
Grabcopy
Veteran

I know I'm paranoid. But am I paranoid enough?

Re: It Has Begun. « Reply #3 on: June 25, 2012, 11:05 AM »

That said, it's a fortnight of wall-to-wall coverage of one of my favourite sporting tournaments. Very excited! Smile

Me too. Ignore the press and the mindless English.
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: It Has Begun. « Reply #4 on: June 25, 2012, 12:29 PM »

BBC live text is buzzing.  Both Jamie and Judy Murray have been tweeting:-

0942:

Judy Murray on Twitter: "At Wimbledon way too early to do Chris Evans show with Come On Tim Henman. Sun's shining here. And so is Vassos....Smile"

1128:

Britain's Jamie Murray on Twitter: "Less than five minutes until the first ball gets hit at Wimbledon! Who's all going to watch today?!"

Andy is practising with Jamie Baker

Ivan Lendl steps in to request Jamie Baker direct traffic down Murray's backhand wing. So far, so solid. Low tape-tickling stuff #bbctennis @MikeHensonBBC 10 minutes ago
A few tongue lolls and shoulder shrugs from Murray, but a stray ball clonking a snapper on the bonce and the body language is all positive. @MikeHensonBBC 14 minutes ago
Plenty of cuffing topspin in Murray's groundies, one forehand yorking Baker on the baseline, but not so convinced by his movement #bbctennis @MikeHensonBBC 17 minutes ago
"Ai, ai, ai,"says Murray, in the style of the Simpons bumblebee man, as a slice backhand crashes and burns in the net #bbctennis @MikeHensonBBC 23 minutes ago
Fellow Scot Jamie Baker is Murray's hitting partner. He brings a lot smaller entourage to the party. Lendl, Green and more in camp Andy. @MikeHensonBBC 27 minutes ago
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

Re: It Has Begun. « Reply #5 on: June 25, 2012, 12:31 PM »

1215:

A sprinkling of spectators already taking up their positions on Centre Court, perhaps seated early to watch a court side Sue Barker chatting with John McEnroe and Tim Henman. Don't forget there is also live coverage on the Red Button where you can watch the matches which will not be shown on BBC One or BBC Two. I think you will need two laptops, at least two TVs and, of course, a wireless for the opening week.

lol
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: It Has Begun. « Reply #6 on: June 25, 2012, 12:40 PM »

^ Ooo.. get you Bev! Our very own courtside reporter. Smile
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

Re: It Has Begun. « Reply #7 on: June 25, 2012, 12:44 PM »

nah From that Beeb person.

I actually like the live text commentary - they have some funny writers on there at times.

Anyway, I'd best get off to bed, I'm up again in 6 hours yawn  No rest for the wicked.

IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: It Has Begun. « Reply #8 on: June 25, 2012, 01:34 PM »

There's a Wimbledon thread on the footbal forum I'm on. Anyone want to hedge any best as to how long it takes before someone pops up with the Anti-English crap? I'm guessing a matter of hours.
IP Logged
theycanbillme
ATP Level

Re: It Has Begun. « Reply #9 on: June 25, 2012, 01:41 PM »

There's a Wimbledon thread on the footbal forum I'm on. Anyone want to hedge any best as to how long it takes before someone pops up with the Anti-English crap? I'm guessing a matter of hours.

I actually think its a class thing, if you notice all these dodgy apartment blocks throughout London always will have the St George hanging outside of some of them.
They will never forgive Andy for the `anyone but.....`etc.
And will never accept the fact that it was a joke.
As for their tennis "insights", If you don't know what your talking about its perhaps best that you keep your mouth shut.
[ Last edit by theycanbillme June 25, 2012, 01:45 PM ] IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

Re: It Has Begun. « Reply #10 on: June 25, 2012, 01:43 PM »

^ MH.. we all know there's a whole world of tennis-challenged numpties out there who slink out of their stinkin' slimey holes just to hate.
Who cares about them and their stupid posts?  I'm not even going to look at the Daily Mail link posted earlier bcos I know I'm not going to be surprised at what kind of comments will undoubtedly be there.
Effem.
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: It Has Begun. « Reply #11 on: June 25, 2012, 02:01 PM »

^ MH.. we all know there's a whole world of tennis-challenged numpties out there who slink out of their stinkin' slimey holes just to hate.
Who cares about them and their stupid posts?  I'm not even going to look at the Daily Mail link posted earlier bcos I know I'm not going to be surprised at what kind of comments will undoubtedly be there.
Effem.
I'm just easily wound up I guess. It's nice to take out my frustrations on here to other sympathetic Murray fans than try and start an educated discussion or deal with the WUM's on there (I've been down that road in the past and I cbf to do it again).

So prepare for plenty of rants, moans and quotes. lol
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

Re: It Has Begun. « Reply #12 on: June 25, 2012, 02:03 PM »

^ Understood.. rant away..Smile
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: It Has Begun. « Reply #13 on: June 25, 2012, 06:58 PM »

It's actually bloody unbearable. Look at these comments:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/tennis/article-2164003/Wimbledon-2012-Andy-Murray-feels-misunderstood.html#

(Nigel from Lancashire excepted)
I also see a certain James MacDonald of Hamilton (aka Clydey) has come out in Andy's defence. Very Happy

To be honest though, I just find the pathetic, negative numpties one big yawn so never read their drivel.
IP Logged
Tasmanian Devil
Challenger Level

Re: It Has Begun. « Reply #14 on: June 26, 2012, 02:05 PM »

When people on social networking websites suddenly all have an opinion on tennis.

I did an "Andy Murray" search on Twitter yesterday and it's depressing how many people are willing him to lose.  So many years of hate based on one throwaway gag.  Pathetic.
IP Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 7 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »