Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  It Has Begun. 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 Go Down Reply
Author

It Has Begun.

(Read 4644 times)
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: It Has Begun. « Reply #30 on: June 29, 2012, 01:01 AM »

Here's the first real beaut from said forum. From a well-known angry person who despises Murray for no reason and goes out of his way to cheer on everyone else. Supports Nadal, Federer and Djokovic apparently. Only follows tennis at Wimbledon and whenever Murray plays Nadal/Federer/Djokovic in a televised final/Slam.

A travesty for Wimbledon that Nadal is out.

Think it was an absolute joke that just as Nadal found something close to decent form in the 4th set, the officials stopped play, allowing Rosol to regain his composure.

If the match hadn't had the delay, Nadal would have won. Not to mention the fact that Rosol wasn't penalised for swinging his arms around like a chimpanzee while Nadal was preparing to serve, and then throwing his racket at the net after winning (nearly hitting Nadal).

Karlovic was also hampered by some very poor officiating. A sad day for Wimbledon when home bias was allowed to happen, and a great player was knocked out by a petulant nobody who'll probably get knocked out next round.

Come on Roger, restore some faith in the tournament.

Someone said "Murray's got a chance now" [resisted urge to reply, "he always had a chance".

To which said clueless twat replied:

"No he hasn't".

So badly want to call him up as the ignorant-fake-glory-supporting-clueless twatbag that he is but he always spoils for an argument. The ultimate keyboard warrior. Just not worth it.

Must. Resist. Urge.
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: It Has Begun. « Reply #31 on: June 29, 2012, 09:02 AM »

Another clueless twat who thinks he knows his stuff.

federer is the messi of the tennis world beautiful to watch, got skulls that no one else can match. He maybe now as taken his eye if the prize which is why he's beatable but would rather him win it than nadel or novak. Will murrey win it? Nah he'll bottle it v some chump

Ye that's what it is, taken his eye off the prize, nothing to do with simply not being good enough anymore.  Rolling Eyes
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: It Has Begun. « Reply #32 on: June 29, 2012, 02:49 PM »

Even a dog has its day, isn't it?
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: It Has Begun. « Reply #33 on: June 29, 2012, 03:47 PM »

Another clueless twat who thinks he knows his stuff.
"Federer ... got skulls that no one else can match"  lmao

And if they must slag Andy, can these numpties at least spell his surname correctly?
IP Logged
Alis
ATP Level

Re: It Has Begun. « Reply #34 on: June 29, 2012, 04:54 PM »

"Federer ... got skulls that no one else can match"  lmao

And if they must slag Andy, can these numpties at least spell his surname correctly?

Do these idiots not realise what the H2H is between Andy and Fed?
IP Logged
MT
Futures Level

Re: It Has Begun. « Reply #35 on: June 29, 2012, 10:13 PM »

Rooney is overrated. He's fat, he smokes, he drinks, he eats pizza. I loathe him.
Don't forget the kerbcrawling
IP Logged
lashurst
World No 1

I'm crazy about Murray

Re: It Has Begun. « Reply #36 on: June 29, 2012, 11:11 PM »

Well it's that time of year again where all the non-tennis fans turn up to tell us everything about the sport, how Federer is the greatest and how Murray is apparently a c**t. With England out of the Euros yesterday all of the uninformed football fans have turned to Wimbledon. I've already been reminded that Murray is "a c**t", someone has told me "I'm supporting Tim!" and I've also been lectured on why Federer is going to win Wimbledon (he's the GOAT apparently and the fact he's not come close to winning a Slam in two years is apparently not relevant).

I f**king hate this time of year. Wish I could just find a cave (with Sky of course) and just stay there for two weeks.

Really annoys me when British fans with no interest in tennis at all support Federer for no reason at all whilst abusing Murray for no reason at all. The same people who despise glory supporting in football are happy when it comes to tennis. But try to start an educated discussion with these people and they quickly realise they know f**k all and turn to abuse. And ladies and gentlemen, there lies your average Federer fan, in England at least.

Come on Andy, prove the doubters wrong...
Couldnt agree more MadHatter. Although I get angry at those who slag off Andy, I should pity them because of their lack of knowledge. Pathetic, sad individuals.

I'm English=British. Can someone tell me why our fellow countrymen enjoy being so negative and unfair to a man who is trying to bring honour and pride to his country, himself, family and friends?

If there was an Olympic medal for this activity then Britain would get gold. Talk about "Friendly Fire". Brits are world champions at character assasination!

Shame on them! Embarassed Razz
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: It Has Begun. « Reply #37 on: June 29, 2012, 11:29 PM »

Couldnt agree more MadHatter. Although I get angry at those who slag off Andy, I should pity them because of their lack of knowledge. Pathetic, sad individuals.

I'm English=British. Can someone tell me why our fellow countrymen enjoy being so negative and unfair to a man who is trying to bring honour and pride to his country, himself, family and friends?

If there was an Olympic medal for this activity then Britain would get gold. Talk about "Friendly Fire". Brits are world champions at character assasination!

Shame on them! Embarassed Razz

I think I said somewhere (I'm losing track of all the threads) that what I cannot get my head round is the mass hero worship dished out to Federer and Nadal in Britain.  They're foreigners, for goodness sake!  But then again maybe these people are so ignorant about tennis that they don't even realise that.  They hear that they've won X number of Slams, without probably knowing exactly what a Slam is other than it seems to be the must-have of the tennis world, and so that's good enough for them.  It makes me utterly sick to hear them encouraging foreign players on when Andy is playing them.
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: It Has Begun. « Reply #38 on: June 30, 2012, 12:00 AM »

That was probably me as well Aileen!

Agree completely with both of you. It does my goat.

After Heather Watson went 0-2 down someone piped up with a sarcy comment about her making a few errors into the net. Just about sums up the British mentality toward sport in general. As soon as they start losing make sarcy jokes and rip into them. I told the guy as such.

On a sidenote, Federer was within 2 points of defeat today (on three different occasions) and went 2 sets down. Yet all the comments are praising his great spirit and "epic" comeback. You just know that if it was Andy they'd be slating him and going on about how he stumbled past his opponent. Such hypocrisy.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: It Has Begun. « Reply #39 on: June 30, 2012, 12:25 AM »

That was probably me as well Aileen!

Agree completely with both of you. It does my goat.

After Heather Watson went 0-2 down someone piped up with a sarcy comment about her making a few errors into the net. Just about sums up the British mentality toward sport in general. As soon as they start losing make sarcy jokes and rip into them. I told the guy as such.

On a sidenote, Federer was within 2 points of defeat today (on three different occasions) and went 2 sets down. Yet all the comments are praising his great spirit and "epic" comeback. You just know that if it was Andy they'd be slating him and going on about how he stumbled past his opponent. Such hypocrisy.
Yes, I think I was agreeing with you, and I agree with you here.  Such a shame Benneteau lost that 4th set (which really was the end of the match for him) because I would love to have heard the comments from the Fed luvvies - although I suspect the silence would have been defeaning, as they would never demean themselves by praising his victorious opponent.

Give Fed his due though - for once he was man enough and humble enough to admit that he was lucky. 
IP Logged
AFT
Junior

It's all in the game

Re: It Has Begun. « Reply #40 on: June 30, 2012, 01:36 AM »

I sometimes think that the gutter press & tweets are by journalists trying to get us riled as it all gains more morons as their readers. My attitude is this; ignore the hacks and enjoy the tennis at Wimbledon because as soon as it is over they think that's it until Andy appears like magic without having played all year. Tennis is for those with intelligence fans and players alike and the muppets can't stand that.  trophy
IP Logged
AFT
Junior

It's all in the game

Re: It Has Begun. « Reply #41 on: June 30, 2012, 01:45 AM »

By the way the footfall goes for everyone even Nadal if you have such big feet then you should be more aware of where they are. So Karlovic should have been allowed to stand inside the service line? Andy should have complained that he had an advantage of reach and a bigger serve! He still lost with all the advantages. The officials are not biased otherwise all Brits would get to the final!! What childish rot. 
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: It Has Begun. « Reply #42 on: June 30, 2012, 02:05 AM »

I absolutely buy the idea that most British fans who adore and worship Federer are also the genuine haters of Andy. Only a few, very few who tend to like both though I'd think they'd find it very hard to cheer Andy on against Federer in a GS final. I know two British persons at work and one outside work and they all worship Federer and when I ask them about Andy, they always say, he's simply not good enough. There's absolutely no other appreciation of Andy. Not that I've ever come across. Speaks volume, doesn't it? I mean it would have to be one hell of a coincidence to have all three of them adoring Federer and not liking Andy at the same time. Good thing they have no idea how big a fan I am of Andy or else I think they would have been slightly careful or maybe they don't even care that much.
IP Logged
AFT
Junior

It's all in the game

Re: It Has Begun. « Reply #43 on: June 30, 2012, 01:10 PM »

I absolutely buy the idea that most British fans who adore and worship Federer are also the genuine haters of Andy. Only a few, very few who tend to like both though I'd think they'd find it very hard to cheer Andy on against Federer in a GS final. I know two British persons at work and one outside work and they all worship Federer and when I ask them about Andy, they always say, he's simply not good enough. There's absolutely no other appreciation of Andy. Not that I've ever come across. Speaks volume, doesn't it? I mean it would have to be one hell of a coincidence to have all three of them adoring Federer and not liking Andy at the same time. Good thing they have no idea how big a fan I am of Andy or else I think they would have been slightly careful or maybe they don't even care that much.

I think you should wear your colours on your sleeve as they do. It is easy  to support someone who is winning all the time. Even Fed is getting stick for not winning a slam this year. True fans stick with their player whatever the outcome just as the Henman fans did. We have to shout for Andy and ignore the winning is everything fans. The game is the most important thing and it is a spectator sport and only a game after all not a war zone. Rafa lost a game shame for him and his fans but that does not make him a failure overnight. How anyone can hate a tennis player is beyond me the best player on the day wins through and I applaud that. It gets boring eventually when the same players win win win but it will come to an end eg the William duo. yay
IP Logged
AFT
Junior

It's all in the game

Re: It Has Begun. « Reply #44 on: June 30, 2012, 01:15 PM »

To today -have to wait until 6-30pm why? should be a good match with Andy coming through if he plays as he has been. Would not mind a smile after the event tho!
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »