Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs Jurgen Melzer, Wednesday, Estimated time - 12:45pm BST - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  It Has Begun. 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 Go Down Reply
Author

It Has Begun.

(Read 4281 times)
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: It Has Begun. « Reply #45 on: June 30, 2012, 03:08 PM »

To today -have to wait until 6-30pm why? should be a good match with Andy coming through if he plays as he has been. Would not mind a smile after the event tho!
Maybe you would like to have the job of trying to work out the estimated time, especially in Slams?  It's just so unpredictable.  The only time that can be guaranteed is if Andy's match is on first.

Today the women's match didn't start until 1:30 thanks to pre-match celebrity introductions, and at 3pm it's only 2-2 in the 3rd, so can't see Roddick/Ferrer starting much before 4 pm, nor do I think it's going to be done and dusted quickly.  For the moment even 6:30 is looking on the early side for Andy's match. 
IP Logged
Alis
ATP Level

Re: It Has Begun. « Reply #46 on: June 30, 2012, 03:12 PM »

Do you think if the Andy/Baggy match begins really late that they'll close the roof before it starts?  Although if the Rod/Ferrer match goes on for 5 hours - which it could - Andy might not get started at all - that would not be good news!
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: It Has Begun. « Reply #47 on: June 30, 2012, 04:23 PM »

Do you think if the Andy/Baggy match begins really late that they'll close the roof before it starts?  Although if the Rod/Ferrer match goes on for 5 hours - which it could - Andy might not get started at all - that would not be good news!
I really cannot see the Roddick/Ferrer match being finished before 7:30 at the earliest unless Roddick has one of his implosions.  Trouble is that apparently play isn't allowed beyond 11 pm (thanks to moaning locals who say the air-condition plant is too noisy).  Roof takes 10 mins to close + 30 mins to make sure there's no condensation on the grass due to air-conditioning kicking in, so if that match does go to 4 or 5 sets, Andy could well lose out.  Worst scenario would be starting it and then play having to be carried over until Monday.  Why can't they start matches earlier?  All the other Slams do.
IP Logged
MT
Futures Level

Re: It Has Begun. « Reply #48 on: June 30, 2012, 04:46 PM »

I absolutely buy the idea that most British fans who adore and worship Federer are also the genuine haters of Andy. Only a few, very few who tend to like both though I'd think they'd find it very hard to cheer Andy on against Federer in a GS final. I know two British persons at work and one outside work and they all worship Federer and when I ask them about Andy, they always say, he's simply not good enough. There's absolutely no other appreciation of Andy. Not that I've ever come across. Speaks volume, doesn't it? I mean it would have to be one hell of a coincidence to have all three of them adoring Federer and not liking Andy at the same time. Good thing they have no idea how big a fan I am of Andy or else I think they would have been slightly careful or maybe they don't even care that much.
Federer and Nadal make millions from advertising watches, underpants etc and are therefore familiar faces to cretins who know nothing about tennis but who read Hello and Nuts magazines. They are both goodlooking smoothies groomed by PR men to charm and say the right thing although sometimes you wonder how sincere they are. They are also champions.  Their British fans are the same people who support Man United over their local team because they win all the time. Most intelligent people must see that Andy is a genuine, nice, humble guy who cares deeply about what he does , has worked so hard and deserves so much respect. I'm sure he will get that respect one day.  yay
'Mon Andy!
IP Logged
Murray Magic
ATP Level

Andy "Braveheart" Murray

Re: It Has Begun. « Reply #49 on: June 30, 2012, 04:59 PM »

I support Andy because he is genuine, humble and you can tell that the money and fame is not what floats his boat, it is the desire to succeed.  But you have to bear in mind that the Andy haters in this country are probably the same people that worship the likes of John Terry and Wayne Rooney who are just such great role models!!!!  So as grating as it is, you just have to remember that for every few of them there are folks like us on MW, real fans that know the script.  Andy's day is coming, it is getting nearer and nearer.
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: It Has Begun. « Reply #50 on: June 30, 2012, 05:21 PM »

Christ al-*******-mighty, he's now getting attacked on threads about the Tour De France.

Bradley Wiggins looks and acts like a complete cock.

Agree same sort of character as that prick Andy Murray. Don't think Brad will win it. Sammy Sanchez good ew bet

It's one thing to criticise his ability or on-court demeanour but to actually attack his personality is laughable.

Thing is, people who don't have a clue will just read that and believe it too. I did the exact same thing with Wiggins - don't have a clue about his personality but read that first quote and assumed it was probably right. Now obviously I realise there's no point judging from other people's opinions as so many as so warped.
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: It Has Begun. « Reply #51 on: June 30, 2012, 07:05 PM »

They've cancelled Raiders of the Lost Ark for tennis. What a f**king joke.

Aw diddums.
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: It Has Begun. « Reply #52 on: June 30, 2012, 11:26 PM »

Murray-haters out already:

Marcos stitched up ... god Wimbledon are really pulling out the stops to get Murray his first win.

What utter nonsense. I said as much and he told me to f off. Pretty much the standard response.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: It Has Begun. « Reply #53 on: July 01, 2012, 12:44 AM »

^^  How totally pathetic all this is.  Now, if they'd cancelled Raiders for a footie match these morons would have been delighted.

It also sounds, not surprisingly, that these same morons are latching onto Karlovic's ludicrous "conspiracy" story.  And these people walk among us - scary!
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

The mind doubts, but the heart never does.

Re: It Has Begun. « Reply #54 on: July 01, 2012, 12:50 AM »

Murray-haters out already:

What utter nonsense. I said as much and he told me to f off. Pretty much the standard response.
Really don't think these people deserve an outing - far less be important enough to talk about on this forum. 
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: It Has Begun. « Reply #55 on: July 01, 2012, 01:41 AM »

"As an Englishman who listened to the Scots cheering on Italy in the Euro 2012 football tournament because they hate us English, i pray to god Murray loses."

Sorry pal - God wasn't listening.  How my heart bleeds!
IP Logged
AFT
Junior

It's all in the game

Re: It Has Begun. « Reply #56 on: July 01, 2012, 02:59 PM »

Maybe you would like to have the job of trying to work out the estimated time, especially in Slams?  It's just so unpredictable.  The only time that can be guaranteed is if Andy's match is on first.

Today the women's match didn't start until 1:30 thanks to pre-match celebrity introductions, and at 3pm it's only 2-2 in the 3rd, so can't see Roddick/Ferrer starting much before 4 pm, nor do I think it's going to be done and dusted quickly.  For the moment even 6:30 is looking on the early side for Andy's match. 

Was just having a moan because I was itching to see the match but realise that there are complications. By the way it was great to be blacked out by the TV just as Andy was about to clinch the match! Rushed to computer to see the result on MSN and the comments on there were spiteful and stupid. One said that he was an embarrasment to British tennis and should give up! Now we should stop looking at these comments and concentrate on this forum. Look at the crowd last night that supported him, young and old alike proud to be British. Henman understands and supports him. Mac the mouth is not too supportive complaining because he had a support on his knee. He was the biggest moaner ever! Nadal had knee supports for a whole season-was that giving a message that he was a loser? Come on Andy the footie fans are not sporting fans but morons against society in general Super[/color]
IP Logged
AFT
Junior

It's all in the game

Re: It Has Begun. « Reply #57 on: July 01, 2012, 03:05 PM »

Some morons think that there is only Wimbledon and that is it. Time for the papers to slag him off and for the the male (it appears to be so) slug species to crawl from under their stones to impart their wisdom. Ha ha sad! w00t
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: It Has Begun. « Reply #58 on: July 01, 2012, 04:11 PM »

Was just having a moan because I was itching to see the match but realise that there are complications. By the way it was great to be blacked out by the TV just as Andy was about to clinch the match! Rushed to computer to see the result on MSN and the comments on there were spiteful and stupid. One said that he was an embarrasment to British tennis and should give up! Now we should stop looking at these comments and concentrate on this forum. Look at the crowd last night that supported him, young and old alike proud to be British. Henman understands and supports him. Mac the mouth is not too supportive complaining because he had a support on his knee. He was the biggest moaner ever! Nadal had knee supports for a whole season-was that giving a message that he was a loser? Come on Andy the footie fans are not sporting fans but morons against society in general Super
That crowd was truly amazing, and Henman Hill/Murray Mount was packed solid.  Would they be doing that if Andy was no-hoper embarrassment?  It was great to see him get so much support.  Long may it continue.  And presumably McEnroe would have preferred Andy to carry on playing with no support and risk damaging his knee further, thereby scuppering his chances of going further into the tournament.  I like Mac but find his attitude irritating at times.

Some morons think that there is only Wimbledon and that is it. Time for the papers to slag him off and for the the male (it appears to be so) slug species to crawl from under their stones to impart their wisdom. Ha ha sad! w00t
That's because they're blinkered footie fans who can't acknowledge that other sports exist - and some of the women are just the same.

Similarly, I was once watching an Andy match in a pub, which was also full of footie fans, and the man standing next to me who, from his comments, knew nothing about tennis other than the fact that a Scot was playing, rounded on me when I applauded a particularly brilliant shot his opponent played.  He just couldn't get it that anyone could possibly want to praise the opposition!

IP Logged
backhandslice
Seed

You love my shenanigans. Admit it.

Re: It Has Begun. « Reply #59 on: July 01, 2012, 04:33 PM »

Do you know I've always been aware of the fierce Scottish English rivalry.  football the most obvious one.  Its pretty vicious at times.  I have known it for years.  Its ok to have a little banter and laugh about it, but some people just take to far, and their comments are quite disgusting and derogatory tbh   all because of a Nationality?!  Its not just about Andy.  Its about nearly every Scottish sportsman or women.  They get frowned upon by the English.     Its  pretty stupid if you ask me.  Don't get me wrong Scottish people do this as well.  I didn't exactly want England to win the Euros lol  but do you see me calling people disgusting names and spreading it all over the internet.  No.  I'm actually quite mature for my age and I wouldn't think twice about writing a whole load of drivel and hate.  I have  seen 25 to 50 year old  football fans doing this. Do you see the contrast ? Some people spend their lives doing that and I find that quite pathetic. The English take all their sporting woes and sorrows and take it out  on the Scottish sporting heros  ie Andy Murray.   Lets face it that's the only reason why they seem to hate our Andy is just because he is Scottish.  I am not saying all English people are like this. I'm just saying its some people and its just really pathetic.  I don't hate the English.  I don't have any grudge against them. I would support a English sportsman.  I don't any trouble with that.    trying to teach football fans a new sport (tennis)  is literally impossible.  been there done that.  don't wanna go back
[ Last edit by johnkiernan35 July 01, 2012, 04:40 PM ] IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »