Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  It Has Begun. 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] Go Down Reply
Author

It Has Begun.

(Read 4817 times)
Fiverings
ATP Level

Andy Murray - Tennis Legend

Re: It Has Begun. « Reply #90 on: July 04, 2012, 11:32 PM »

I think there will always be die-hard haters who will dredge it up forever, but they will become a smaller and smaller minority.
the folk that use it now are mostly those that need a hook for other obsessions, mainly inferiority complex Jock-bashing trolls. They'll never go away.
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: It Has Begun. « Reply #91 on: July 04, 2012, 11:45 PM »

I'm taking it you're not a Fed fan... Very Happy
Very Happy

I actually don't mind him that much (his interviews are a bit sickening), it's just the constant arse-kissing and making him out to be a god that annoys me.

Do you think we are almost past the 'anyone but England' era in Andy's career? I just don't see it mentioned any more. Sure people must be still bringing it up in some Daily Mail comments but they are not getting rated like they probably have in the past.
Oh believe me, it's mentioned.

Am i wrong in thinking murry hates england and often wears argentina shirts and opposing teams shirts in spite of england? Sure ive read that. For that reason, i want him out.

Neutral

He's still an arrogant little prick. But he's playing well now and that was a great shot.

Ahhh. So i read the hype he hated england but its all banter. Come on andy!! Ha.

Eyebrow raise.
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: It Has Begun. « Reply #92 on: July 06, 2012, 07:01 PM »

Oh christ. I've decided now that I'm never reading the tennis threads on the football forum again. The hate for Murray is incredible. One guy was laughing at Murray nearly in tears. Prick. I'm not letting myself get wound up again by a bunch of know-nothing twats who are determined to be as dickish as possible towards Murray and anyone who dare support Britain's top tennis player. Rolling Eyes

What a ******* win.
IP Logged
MT
Futures Level

Re: It Has Begun. « Reply #93 on: July 06, 2012, 07:53 PM »

Oh christ. I've decided now that I'm never reading the tennis threads on the football forum again. The hate for Murray is incredible. One guy was laughing at Murray nearly in tears. Pri*k. I'm not letting myself get wound up again by a bunch of know-nothing twats who are determined to be as dickish as possible towards Murray and anyone who dare support Britain's top tennis player. Rolling Eyes

What a f**king win.

There was a very English guy in the pub with us who was absolutely ecstatic when Andy won. Its really not the English its just the ill-educated morons who like a fight and possibly a few snobs who would prefer if he had been privately educated and shaved more. English people are mostly lovely and we should enjoy being British together. I may be biased as I married someone from Liverpool who feels just the same about Andy as MW does. He will win them all round in time. 
IP Logged
backhandslice
Seed

You love my shenanigans. Admit it.

Re: It Has Begun. « Reply #94 on: July 06, 2012, 08:17 PM »

MH  don't let the bastards get you down.  I don't go on football forums.  they are a load of crap.  tennis>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> football Very Happy
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: It Has Begun. « Reply #95 on: July 06, 2012, 08:27 PM »

I love both, having been football-mad since I was about 2. Very Happy

But the majority of football fans really are very ignorant about tennis. Luckily the comments from these forums and on newspapers like the Daily Mail don't represent the whole country.

Nothing can get me down after today. Andy Murray vs Roger Federer, Wimbledon final. Still doesn't look right.
IP Logged
backhandslice
Seed

You love my shenanigans. Admit it.

Re: It Has Begun. « Reply #96 on: July 06, 2012, 08:32 PM »

I love both, having been football-mad since I was about 2. Very Happy

But the majority of football fans really are very ignorant about tennis. Luckily the comments from these forums and on newspapers like the Daily Mail don't represent the whole country.

Nothing can get me down after today. Andy Murray vs Roger Federer, Wimbledon final. Still doesn't look right.

Very Happy  I am a football fan as well. Might just stick to tennis this year actually. lol   The SPL is just littered with problems.  I feel sorry for Rangers  and I'm a Celtic fan 
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: It Has Begun. « Reply #97 on: July 06, 2012, 08:36 PM »

Very Happy  I am a football fan as well. Might just stick to tennis this year actually. lol   The SPL is just littered with problems.  I feel sorry for Rangers  and I'm a Celtic fan 
Aye I'm gutted for their fans really. Having come so close to being liquidated ourselves (and that's after two relegations, from Champions League to League 1) it's a horrible experience. Luckily they're still in business but it will be so odd seeing Rangers in Div 1 (if they get accepted). I hope they remain in the football league.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: It Has Begun. « Reply #98 on: July 06, 2012, 09:14 PM »

Show them this to the haters.

Not very ladylike of me. Musta musta admit.
IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: It Has Begun. « Reply #99 on: July 06, 2012, 09:59 PM »

If you mention football on this site you are anti English. I made a comment about the 2012 European Championship that the English team were rubbish. I also said that they should be better because they have a much bigger population than the Scots. I also mentioned that the Scottish team was also rubbish. I also said most Scots are sick of hearing about England winning the 1966 World Cup. It seems that it is not PC to mention this as some people take offence and you are branded as being anti English. It works both ways I get on fine with my English neighbours but I get sick of being told not to voice my opinions. Believe me I have read some really nasty comments made by English people and I feel I do have the right to reply contrary to what some people on MW think.
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: It Has Begun. « Reply #100 on: July 06, 2012, 10:11 PM »

That rubbish England team went unbeaten and lost to the eventual finalists on penalties. Not that bad for a supposedly rubbish side. A rubbish side that are ranked 4th (albeit a bit too high) in the world.

Calling the English team rubbish is similar (not the same level, no, but similar) to calling Andy Murray rubbish because he's 'only' 4 in the world.

I don't see what relevance whatsoever the England football team had to that conversation LB. There was no need to bring them into it. Nor generalising about all English football fans. I am a big football fan. I know many, many other football fans through a forum. I can tell you that not one person thought England were going to get past Italy and I rarely ever see WC66 brought up. Your comments were unfounded nonsense and typical sweeping statements about the English fans. The media are a joke, and by all means vent at them. They big everything up. But the English fans get as annoyed at that as the other British nations do.

And not all England football fans are anti-Murray, as you implied in your comments. I am a huge Andy fan, as is the rest of my family and most of my friends. Andy gets a lot of support in England, and plenty of footballing fans support him, tennis fans or no. However, as you pointed out, there are plenty of vile cretins who hate him and constantly talk utter bull to try and undermine him. Believe me, I get as annoyed and wound up as this as I'm sure most of us do. It's so frustrating that some people are so blind and so filled with hate against a man we know as a quite shy, very nice young gentleman who has done nothing to incite such hate.

But it is a minority. A large minority, I'll give you, but please don't tar all England footballing fans with the same brush. We're not all the same.

That was my only point at the time. I actually find it a little offensive to be tarred with the same brush simply because I was born in England and I like football. And having a go at the England football team was unjust and had nothing to do with tennis or Murray whatsoever. You admitted yourself you don't care much for football - so why comment on something you know little about (no offense intended, I realise that sounds a little condescending - I don't in tend, so apologies if you read it that way)?

Apologies for the essay. I just hate generalisation, especially when I'm one of the people being generalised merely because other people who happen to be born in the same country as me and like the same sport as me make nasty comments about our Andy.

And no-one called you anti-English.
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: It Has Begun. « Reply #101 on: July 08, 2012, 01:43 PM »

Mong:

I don't think Fred Perry slagged off the English people before he hit big time. It annoys me, those middle aged fuckwits on Henman Hill cheering Murray on - don't they realise he thinks you're all English twats...?

Me:

Murray has never slagged off English people either, so I don't know what the f**k you are on about.

Mong:

Was a flag waving jock when he came onto the scene, wearing saltire wristbands etc. Now, that could be taken as just simple national pride and he could love the English as well, live and let live and all that. But when asked who he'd be supporting in the 2006 world cup, he replied "Anyone but England". Has since backtracked, when he realised such talk might damage his income through sponsorship and middle aged English folk not buying Andy Murray DVDs and tea towels.

But the evidence is there that he's one of those 'hate the English' flavour of Jocks. Which is fine, but don't expect us to wank into a sock over seeing him in the final. Plus he's a miserable, dour faced troll - charisma goes a long way....

Absolutely lost my rag after that. There's been a lot of the little comments about this today but this just takes the biscuit.

Me:

Jesus christ.

It was BANTER. Henman had a dig at Scotland, had joked back about England. It was football banter, not even close to being a level of what was said on here during the Euros.

You really are an utter f**king mong.

Too harsh? Rolling Eyes

Mong:

Sorry - I'm probably not alone in thinking that sour faced troll is incapable of anything approaching humour, and therefore anything said could not possibly have been as a joke.

And I may be a mong, but you, sir, have chosen to live in Swindon. Which makes you king mong of mong-town, mongmonshire....

Me:

Well then you've quite clearly seen absolutely nothing of him besides post-match interviews after hours on court or during a match (when he, and 99% of the players on tour are in complete serious mode).

As such, how the f**k would you know what he's like at all?

Mong:

Do you have pictures of him up in your house, or a shrine-room, like in that Partridge episode....?

Me:

Rolling Eyes

How anyone can judge Murray from his on-court demeanour and post-match interviews is beyond me. Oh, he doesn't smile on court (When has Federer or Nadal ever grinned on court?) and he has a boring voice and once joked about the England football team, he must be a pri*k. Let's ignore than he's a very nice fella who has never shown anything but respect to his opponents, has a great sense of humour when away from the court (but he has a dull voice so he can't have a sense of humour!!?!?11?!) and has worked his arse off to get where he is.

Anyway I'm done here, going to watch the match.

Oh yes. Now lets judge me because of where I live. Nice one. Your logic is undeniable.

I'm counting that as a moral victory. Time to watch the match.
[ Last edit by TheMadHatter July 08, 2012, 02:11 PM ] IP Logged
MT
Futures Level

Re: It Has Begun. « Reply #102 on: July 08, 2012, 03:02 PM »

Mong:

Me:

Mong:

Absolutely lost my rag after that. There's been a lot of the little comments about this today but this just takes the biscuit.

Me:

Too harsh? Rolling Eyes

Mong:

Me:

Mong:

Me:

I'm counting that as a moral victory. Time to watch the match.

Well done Mad Hatter.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] Go Up Reply 
« previous next »