Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Its lonely at the top Andy 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Reply
Author

Its lonely at the top Andy

(Read 834 times)
kevster6969
Junior

Its lonely at the top Andy « on: October 06, 2005, 02:03 PM »

Heres an article written by Andys mum regarding Andys sacrifice of his friends for his tennis

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/main.jhtml?xml=/sport/2005/10/04/stjudy04.xml&sSheet=/sport/2005/10/04/ixtenn.html
IP Logged
KitKat
Seed

Its lonely at the top Andy « Reply #1 on: October 06, 2005, 02:35 PM »

I really like reading Judys articles they are usually very funny, I liked the bit about the beauty queen.  It does sound like a very lonely life though, I couldn't do it.
IP Logged
kevster6969
Junior

Its lonely at the top Andy « Reply #2 on: October 06, 2005, 02:39 PM »

Quote from: "KitKat"
It does sound like a very lonely life though, I couldn't do it.

I guess he loves his tennis enough to make the sacrifice, especially if you have a natural talent for the game that Andy has.
IP Logged
eira_arian
John McEnroe

Its lonely at the top Andy « Reply #3 on: October 06, 2005, 03:47 PM »

"That will allow Andy to reflect on what he has achieved this year. I nearly fell off the sofa at home when he made it through to the final against Roger Federer. I was dancing around the living room in my dressing gown and slipper socks"

what a legend! i love judy murray Very Happy must be really hard being on the road so much - crazy dedication....
IP Logged
Josh
Seed

Its lonely at the top Andy « Reply #4 on: October 06, 2005, 04:27 PM »

I read that only nine people were watching his match against Heubregor(?).  That is including Mark Petchey and his agent
IP Logged
hulahoop
Seed

Home is where the heart is!

Its lonely at the top Andy « Reply #5 on: October 06, 2005, 05:18 PM »

That was at the beginning. It was a hassle changing the day and night crowds (I use the term loosely in regard to Challengers :P ) but once the night crowd was in, it was, apparently OK.

What a let down for him, though. I'm worried he needs the rest.

But there again, I haven't a clue what it's like to be 18, full of vim and verve and raring to go.

Embarassed  I think he's more than capable of coping at this level.

I do hope he bunks off the Challenger circuit though. It's way better for my viewing.  Embarassed  Staring at a score sheet online is not exactly the best use of time!  :P
IP Logged
Pages: [1] Go Up Reply 
« previous next »