Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?

MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  IW QF: Murray vs Del Potro 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Who will win?
Murray in 2. - 14 (33.3%)
Murray in 3. - 21 (50%)
Del Potro in 2. - 1 (2.4%)
Del Potro in 3. - 2 (4.8%)
Match postponed after Federer runs on and complains about raindrops. - 4 (9.5%)
Total Voters: 42

Pages: 1 ... 75 76 77 [78] 79 80 81 ... 88 Go Down Reply
Author

IW QF: Murray vs Del Potro

(Read 13406 times)
angiebabez
Veteran

Andy Murray Wimbledon Champion 2013

Re: IW QF: Murray vs Del Potro « Reply #1155 on: March 16, 2013, 01:59 AM »

Off to bed. Goodnight guys. Smile

Nite mate xx
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: IW QF: Murray vs Del Potro « Reply #1156 on: March 16, 2013, 01:59 AM »

We are all here because we want to be, nobody forced us.

It's painful and disappointing to watch a match like that, and it's understandable that emotions run high.  It's scary to watch his game fold when we know exactly what he's capable of. I don't want the shine to come off of his Slam/Olympics win, and I know the haters will come out in full force be it on twitter/forums/press to try to do just that. Meh.

I think we're all agreed that we want the best for Andy, that's why we are all here at ridiculous wee hours in the morning, kicking his arse, willing him to win. Fans from all over the world.

And no doubt we will all be here for the next one, because each and every one of us in our own special way are Andy supporters.
Amen to all that.
IP Logged
silver lining
Futures Level

Re: IW QF: Murray vs Del Potro « Reply #1157 on: March 16, 2013, 02:01 AM »

SL what some people seem to fail to acknowledge is that Andy's mentality has improved dramatically over the past year.  How else do they think he won Olympic gold and his maiden Slam, not to mention beating Fed in the AO SF.  Yet he plays one bad tournament and it's like total disaster.

It still doesn't seem to be enough for some people. Frankly, I'm just tired of reading all this bs after a loss or even a win when he hasn't been playing as well as we know he can. I doubt any of us here can really relate to what amount of effort Andy puts into every single one of his matches. It's easy to criticise him, but I think we all have bad days sometimes. Couple that with the fact that he's never really played well here (I know he's reached the final before, but I can't recall him ever playing a really good match here) and doesn't seem too comfortable on this surface. I think he did well to get to the QFs to be fair.

There will be a new tournament, a new chance, next week. So let's see how that goes.
IP Logged
Masaka
ATP Level

Re: IW QF: Murray vs Del Potro « Reply #1158 on: March 16, 2013, 02:01 AM »

How is that not fair? Those are the three names he's competing with. He wants to become #2, maybe even #1 (although right now that is a distant reality). Those players never fall apart - why is Andy so prone to doing so? How can he hope to compete with them when he's getting torn apart by the likes of Del Potro?

I hope this is just a one-off, but that was a really worrying collapse after a good first set. Mentally seemed to be all over the place, which is not what we've come to expect in the last 10 months.

It's not fair, because you are not comparing like with like. Mr M is not the other three, and never will be. He is who he is. He may ever be as good as Federer, Nadal or Djokovic, but he beat Djokovic and Federer for the Olympic Gold, Djokovic for the US Open Title, and bageled Nadal, which is more than any other player. If being behind those three is as far as he can get, fine. That's him.

No body forces anybody to support Murray. I am sure that there is space for additional supporters of the other players. If you support Murray then this is who and what he is. Why do folks constantly demand more of him. I genuinely don't understand it.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: IW QF: Murray vs Del Potro « Reply #1159 on: March 16, 2013, 02:03 AM »

Oh yeah Aileen, thought with most tourneys the schedule isn't released till night before? Do they just do it slightly different, wonder when Andy plays..... Lol I'm already looking ahead to his next match  cmon yeah
Usually that's the case - but some tournies just like to whet people's appetites by mentioning the first matches of previous year's winners as star attractions.  If you notice, the time of Serena's match is also made known.
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: IW QF: Murray vs Del Potro « Reply #1160 on: March 16, 2013, 02:04 AM »

I'm over it now. He can't win them all, he's human after all. Very Happy.
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: IW QF: Murray vs Del Potro « Reply #1161 on: March 16, 2013, 02:05 AM »

Also, it's not like Del Potro is a bad player.
IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Andy Murray Wimbledon Champion 2013

Re: IW QF: Murray vs Del Potro « Reply #1162 on: March 16, 2013, 02:05 AM »

Usually that's the case - but some tournies just like to whet people's appetites by mentioning the previous year's winners as star attractions.  If you notice, the time of Serena's match is also made known.

Yeah I had noticed serenas also, thought it must be something like that, aww well at least not too long to see andy in action again. Night Aileen Smile
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: IW QF: Murray vs Del Potro « Reply #1163 on: March 16, 2013, 02:06 AM »

I'm over it now. He can't win them all, he's human after all. Very Happy.
May the lord be praised ... lol

Hopefully Andy'll have got over it quickly as well.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: IW QF: Murray vs Del Potro « Reply #1164 on: March 16, 2013, 02:07 AM »

Yeah I had noticed serenas also, thought it must be something like that, aww well at least not too long to see andy in action again. Night Aileen Smile
Nite Angie. Smile
IP Logged
silver lining
Futures Level

Re: IW QF: Murray vs Del Potro « Reply #1165 on: March 16, 2013, 02:08 AM »

Night everyone. Smile
IP Logged
craighateslife
Challenger Level

Gotta eat Protein

Re: IW QF: Murray vs Del Potro « Reply #1166 on: March 16, 2013, 02:09 AM »

The reality is that Andy's game now doesn't suit for playing Delpo as it did in the past. He's beefed up every ground stroke and with that his natural ability has taking a back seat. Watching it seemed Delpo was spinning Andy into a web with the backhand slice than the other way around.

I am not enjoying any of Andy's matches at the moment
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: IW QF: Murray vs Del Potro « Reply #1167 on: March 16, 2013, 02:10 AM »

Also, it's not like Del Potro is a bad player.
Quite - what about the two nobodies Andy went out to in his first matches the last two years?  Kind of puts things into perspective.
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: IW QF: Murray vs Del Potro « Reply #1168 on: March 16, 2013, 02:11 AM »

Quite - what about the two nobodies Andy went out to in his first matches the last two years?  Kind of puts things into perspective.

Exactly.  Andy improved  on the last two years performances here in Indian Wells, so that must count for something. I think it's time to accept he'll never do much on these courts, it just doesn't suit his game.
IP Logged
stompie

Re: IW QF: Murray vs Del Potro « Reply #1169 on: March 16, 2013, 02:13 AM »

Andy gets the picture. Saying in his press conference that Delpo played great and could win another grand slam. And with the right court speed, maybe he could.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 75 76 77 [78] 79 80 81 ... 88 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »