Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  IW QF: Murray vs Del Potro 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Who will win?
Murray in 2. - 14 (33.3%)
Murray in 3. - 21 (50%)
Del Potro in 2. - 1 (2.4%)
Del Potro in 3. - 2 (4.8%)
Match postponed after Federer runs on and complains about raindrops. - 4 (9.5%)
Total Voters: 42

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 88 Go Down Reply
Author

IW QF: Murray vs Del Potro

(Read 14519 times)
Fiverings
ATP Level

Andy Murray - Tennis Legend

Re: IW QF: Murray vs Del Potro « Reply #30 on: March 14, 2013, 12:26 PM »

I think there's more pressure on Delpo than Andy here. He has much more to prove. I'm expecting a long tough match, but I'm also expecting Andy to win. Unless Pope Francis intervenes! pray
IP Logged
LIBANY
Satellite Level

Connecting to multiple grand slams Murray!

Re: IW QF: Murray vs Del Potro « Reply #31 on: March 14, 2013, 12:35 PM »

I wonder if the game against Berlock (big hitter) will not serve Andy to the extent JDP is also a slugger. What do you think?
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

Give me your JMac, Henman, Cash & 2 balls.

Re: IW QF: Murray vs Del Potro « Reply #32 on: March 14, 2013, 02:36 PM »

Trepidation and excitement abound for this match.

We have to go way back to 2009 since Andy and JM last played each other.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: IW QF: Murray vs Del Potro « Reply #33 on: March 14, 2013, 02:59 PM »

I've missed the entire tournament so far but thanks to Luke and Nigel have got a good flavour of Andy's matches.  I wasn't expecting him to play at the top of his form in IW because he was bound to be match-rusty, so I'm just relieved that he's got this far and avoided the ignominious early exists of the last two years.

I can hardly believe that we've waited so long for this match, but not having seen either player perform here, it's a bit difficult to make any predictions, so I've joined the other chickens in the last option.  Just so long as the match is entertaining and Andy gives of his best, I'll be happy - but even happier if he wins. cmon yeah
IP Logged
janetx
Challenger Level

Re: IW QF: Murray vs Del Potro « Reply #34 on: March 14, 2013, 03:04 PM »

I haven't seen Delpo's matches here and saw only Andy's first one - but hoping Andy can win tomorrow!! I am excited to see this match up as it's been so long.
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: IW QF: Murray vs Del Potro « Reply #35 on: March 14, 2013, 03:05 PM »

What time is the match scheduled?
IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Andy Murray Wimbledon Champion 2013

Re: IW QF: Murray vs Del Potro « Reply #36 on: March 14, 2013, 03:08 PM »

Was just gonna ask same question Zarf, dont think its confirmed yet.....
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: IW QF: Murray vs Del Potro « Reply #37 on: March 14, 2013, 03:08 PM »

We won't know until the OOP comes out, probably late this evening UK time.
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: IW QF: Murray vs Del Potro « Reply #38 on: March 14, 2013, 03:10 PM »

Hmm, ok..please post it when the timings are out. Smile
IP Logged
benniebone
ATP Level

Re: IW QF: Murray vs Del Potro « Reply #39 on: March 14, 2013, 03:11 PM »

You'll have to wait until the order of play for Friday is published sometime after 7pm their time
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: IW QF: Murray vs Del Potro « Reply #40 on: March 14, 2013, 03:14 PM »

Thanks guys, it wasn't posted in the IW official website but thought I just might ask here too...
IP Logged
ABF
Challenger Level

Re: IW QF: Murray vs Del Potro « Reply #41 on: March 14, 2013, 03:18 PM »

Hopefully Andy makes Del Potro move around the court as much as possible....I see Del Potro as a pretty static player with a powerful forehand if you give him the time and space to play it. If Andy moves him around he'll win in straight sets, in my opinion. Mind you ... Im biased... I neither like or rate Del Petro Smile

IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: IW QF: Murray vs Del Potro « Reply #42 on: March 14, 2013, 03:29 PM »

Thanks guys, it wasn't posted in the IW official website but thought I just might ask here too...
Looking at today's schedule though I reckon it'll either be around 1 pm or 7 pm IW time - which is not good for the UK but better than Andy playing in the midday heat.  I guess it all depends which match the schedulers reckon is going to be the bigger draw (also taking TV audiences into account), Andy's or Novak's.
[ Last edit by Aileen March 14, 2013, 03:35 PM ] IP Logged
ABF
Challenger Level

Re: IW QF: Murray vs Del Potro « Reply #43 on: March 14, 2013, 03:35 PM »

I think there's more pressure on Delpo than Andy here. He has much more to prove. I'm expecting a long tough match, but I'm also expecting Andy to win. Unless Pope Francis intervenes! pray

I would say there is a bit of pressure on both.....Andy needs to win either this or Miami or both to have a serious chance of being No1...and that's aside of most probably having to do much better on the clay cct , win Wimbledon and retain the US open.

Del Potro has stagnated since injury and since Djoko & Andy have raised the standard of play.

They have both won the US Open and DP did play very well to win that......That said Andy is a far better player now and he has a 5-1 h2h record against Del Potro even before his injury.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: IW QF: Murray vs Del Potro « Reply #44 on: March 14, 2013, 04:25 PM »

Hopefully Andy makes Del Potro move around the court as much as possible....I see Del Potro as a pretty static player with a powerful forehand if you give him the time and space to play it. If Andy moves him around he'll win in straight sets, in my opinion. Mind you ... Im biased... I neither like or rate Del Petro Smile

There are only two big hitters left at this stage of the tournament - Del Potro and Berdych (and Anderson to a lesser extent but he’s never a threat for the top players) and I don't feel the slow surface will allow him to hit as big, so that's a plus for us. However, Andy has yet to find his rhythm. He is awkward at times and can't position himself properly for the strike, even if it is within his zone. Some part of his game has yet to kick in - his return for example. Not there at all. And also, his 1st percentage is still not decent enough; however, did manage to serve some aces at crucial times. Not always comfortable in rallies either. I do think he suffers against the altitude and prefers a lower bounce. This court feels like medium slow and I have always thought Andy’s more of a medium fast court player. Anyway, perhaps Del Potro will bring forward some interest in Andy as I know Andy isn’t particularly thrilled about playing players like Lu, Berlocq etc. Plus, they haven’t played quite a while so that’s another interesting factor for both. Will bring a great crowd as well and Andy loves that. So let’s see. Andy should win really but Del Potro is playing very well and playing with confidence. They both have 1 Slam each behind them so it’s their first time meeting after that WTF win over Delpo in 2009, but Del Potro was mostly out of it after that big win over Federer. I am accepting a more focused Andy against Del Potro so let’s see.
[ Last edit by Emma Jean March 14, 2013, 04:30 PM ] IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 88 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »